Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

AVP Award System Needs Tweaking

unixgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Once you start unlocking AVP rewards that you receive on regular intervals you soon realize that this mechanic needs to be tweaked/fixed. The timer doesn't start for you to receive another reward until you pickup any available rewards. This of course means you constantly have to stop what your doing and go pick up available rewards so you continue to receive new ones. They should change this so you can at least receive up to 5 before you need to come back and pick them up, that would at least allow you to spend some time on a planet before having to leave to pick up your rewards.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Those rewards are ultimately completely trivial.

Just pick em up when you feel like it.

unixgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milky Way research points are not trivial to me...

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

the extra inventory space was pretty handy though.

unixgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By unixgeek

There are a couple of good ones once you really get into the game...

@marz said:

@tennmuerti said:

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Just go check it every once in a while? There are multiple systems like this so it's one of the things to always go back and check. It does make me wish all the getting back on your ship and leaving planets bits were snappier but that's what I do.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

@marz said:

@tennmuerti said:

The op was referring to rewards that you have to go back for and get periodically. The inventory space is something you just get the upgrade for and that's it.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I never found I needed any of the timed rewards. Because you get so much more from being out on planets.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We should never award aliens or predators. Whoever wins, we lose.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It would've been nice to have had the ability to access the AVP and Strike Team systems from any Forward Station. It can repair the Nomad and replenish my health, restock my ammo, and coordinate the exchange of weapons, armor, and squad members from the ship, but it can't access a couple of menus?

At least you can do the Strike Team stuff on your phone if you install the APEX HQ app. That works reasonably well.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This game suffers from the same problem DA:I had with regards to this stuff - you've got to trapse back through three different interminable loading screens to do any of it.

As others have mentioned, there is no compelling reason why you need to return to the ship to manage strike teams and collect rewards - particularly since you need to completely depart a planet when you get on your ship (again, why?) and then land again to continue what you were doing. All of that stuff should be available from a forward station, especially since the strike team stuff is justified in the narrative as "you should deploy this immediately as needed."

And as far as the rewards go, I don't see the sense in requiring a player to go back and collect the resources manually. None of the stuff you get takes up inventory space and all of it is stuff you would want, so there is no reason for that system to be the way it is. Just have it automatically deposit those items over time. Or at worst when you tag a forward station. If they need to make it accrue only when you are actually playing in order to balance the system, then fine.

Francium34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

AVP and strike team feel like mobile game design, like the timed-chests in Clash Royale.

For the next game, I hope they either get rid of them, or make them manifest in more obvious ways than "100 points every day" (change appearance of your ship or settlement, a couple story missions, more engaging minigames, etc)

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GundamGuru

"Just don't forget, Ryder, AVP is about lives. We're starving out here."

Yeah, right, Addison. Whatever.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@freedom4556:

"Yeah, yeah, sure whatever Addison. Hey could you unfreeze someone so I can carry more shit? K, thanks."

Coryukin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

"Just don't forget, Ryder, AVP is about lives. We're starving out here."

Yeah, right, Addison. Whatever.

For real though, fuck Addison.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it humorous that I am currently at level 20 AVP and ONLY need -96 points to get to the next level.

Seriously, really like the game but the total lack of polish is really distracting at times.

Lazyimperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lazyimperial

I've gotten used to these systems, though in an odd way. If I really need the resources, I just park my character by the terminal / assassin board / whatever and reach for a nice ol' book. Then I read as my character just sits there and occasionally click to pick up my stuff. It's boring and seems completely counter-intuitive, but it works. That's how I got enough gold to buy the books for the final cut-scene in Assassin's Creed Revelations. *shrug* Of course, that game let you store more than one shipment in the bank safe. Yet more great "design" here.

Edit Addition: Well, I got the books in AC: Revelations by clicking that safe and sending my minions on the 15 to 30 minute long "strike mission" equivalents. Of course, the strike missions in this game takes hours upon hours for your minions to do. Not quite the same thing anymore. :-P

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man fuck AVP. Any upgrade you take from AVP do not persist in NG+, so that means if you take the extra inventory ones, and have anywhere above 50 slots, you start at XX/50 over the cap and can't pick up ANYTHING. It was real fucking annoying.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man fuck AVP. Any upgrade you take from AVP do not persist in NG+, so that means if you take the extra inventory ones, and have anywhere above 50 slots, you start at XX/50 over the cap and can't pick up ANYTHING. It was real fucking annoying.

That sounds so stupid. Hopefully it will be one of the things getting fixed tomorrow. Without any spoilers, what do you get to take into NG+ with you?

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: Everything else. That is the only stat/gear/inventory thing that doesn't carry over and it's reallllll dumb.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.