Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

Thoughts on Multiplayer?

• 68 results
    WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Silver is doable at 10+ just like it says with power heavy classes and a decent team. I haven't found much in the way of good guns so far, which has me worried, so any gun reliant class is shit out of luck. Feels like weapons need an across the board buff since power combos and melee do so much more damage.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@oursin_360: I ended up getting into a bronze APEX match with a decent group and it went fine. Maybe it's a case of enemies? I remember hating the Collectors in ME3. Remnant seems to be the same way here.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By OurSin_360

@bladeofcreation said: @oursin_360: I ended up getting into a bronze APEX match with a decent group and it went fine. Maybe it's a case of enemies? I remember hating the Collectors in ME3. Remnant seems to be the same way here.

Remnant are definitely OP, way worse than the collectors ever were and doesn't seem like bioware is going to do a lot of balance changes like they did with 3.

I've done a few silver runs now and while i go down way too easily I've managed to win most of them by being carried by the team lol. So far my Kroguard and asari adept have been able to handle silver, neither class is probably viable past silver since they are heavy melee based and seems like range will be the end game with how they manage difficulty. Bronze has actually gotten pretty easy after i get my health/shields/defense up to a certain point.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many people still playing? I can do silver regular with a few characters now, my Kroguard is OP damn near at level 20 rank 3.

Seems a lot of the game has to do with learning the maps and getting those cards to get extra xp and skill points. I guess once you get characters up to rank X and level 20 then gold becomes more viable? They need to do something to keep it going though, maybe get a new map or something. I don't like they have duplicate characters that are just male and female that level seperate, seems pointless when they have no difference but add to your overall rank (extra stats you get for leveling characters).

BDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By BDK

Same dumb wave multiplayer as we had in ME3. I hated it back then and I still hate it. It's the most lazy multiplayer to implement.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#56 Junkerman  Online

How is everyones latency? That seems to be my biggest issue at the moment. Unless I'm hosting its pretty bad.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkerman: it depends on the host, if i get lag i quit first round usually as often times the game crashes when it's real bad(pre patch).

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By WarlordPayne

Latency and disconnects don't seem any better for me since the patch, but it's generally fine unless I get a bad host.

Nebafyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Nebafyer

Whoa boy, so this is a can of worms. First and foremost, the multiplayer is a lot less forgiving than in three, and not in a good way. Let's start with superficial things before we get to the nitty gritty.

The dogs can go screw off. They are glitchy, and even post patch, they chain grab you, kill you while invisible, grab you in mid air, and grab you mid Dodge, only for you to be instantly killed. And every group has a dog. You have the Adhi's of the outlaw group, the Kett dogs (?) And the remnant Breachers, also known as flying exploder dogs. A good 12% of my deaths can be attributed to these dogs of one faction or other glitching me out.

Next, the Krogans and observers. These two things need serious debufs. Krogan berserkers take more shots than a hydra. What even?!? And observers like to flank you, drain your shields instantly, and then kill you, all while you can't do anything, because they can fly, and if you aim up at them, then everything else shoots you... And that would be fine if their shield didn't take a clip of a level ten charger at point blank in the critical to break.

The Kett have too many insta kills, and their flying orb guys are as glitchy as the adhi, but with the added annoyance of an instakill... Not a down, no, instant death... And they teleport behind you, causing your game to bug out with collision errors, just fixing themselves in time for you to die. That's just lazy.

And then there is the damage output to shields and health... Fun and fufilling gameplay should have plenty of challenge, but challenge in a fair way. You know what is not fair, nor fun? Making players feel like they are infants fighting with wet noodles, while their foes are Marines in tanks... A krogan berserker can take three mags of charger at ten to the face, and laugh it off, but a PC krogan can't take three seconds of concentrated fire from a basic enemy without dieing. Sorry, but what? And you give us powers that don't kill things, guns that are less effective than sneezing, and mele combat that doesn't lock, and is as like as not to send you careening past the enemy to your death. You can't just take away our ability to win, and say "hey, it's more fun because it's harder now"... That's like taking away Mario, and giving I wanna be the guy...

And on the subject, bioware, you nerfed the hell out of the Cobra. Not only does it not instakill Krogans, Hydras, Destroyers, etc. On gold, but you also gave it a rediculouse amount of ready up time...

My complaint, to summate, is that you gave a game that says "see, you can't take a hit, and the enemy can take a thousand, isn't that fun?" When what we wanted was fair challenge... I don't like to compare games to Dark Souls, because it's not fair to most of them, but come the hell on, that game is both hard and fun, because it asks you to get better, time your strikes, think tactically, not just pour 1000 more rounds in....

Tl;dr: Andromeda Multiplayer is hard in a bad way. Needs a major rebalance.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
    SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had fun but it's a shame there's no form of pvp, vanguard 1v1 or even 3v3 would be fantastically ridiculous.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having fun with the multiplayer; of the 72 hours I've put into ME:A, I'd guess probably 20 have been MP. There are some serious balance issues though, even after the patch.

The Kett are far more challenging than the other two factions. Part of it is their instant kill mechanics, but also their top-level guys are just more difficult to kill. Especially the Ascendents.

There are a handful of guns that are just flat-out on another tier from the rest, and you need one to properly contribute on anything past bronze.

Because almost all the enemies are bullet sponges, having some way to incapacitate enemies is vital. There pretty much isn't another way to play.

Melee is still overpowered, particularly faster animating melee, like Krogan headbutts.

Having equipment and bonus level stats makes a huge difference, even on bronze. There just isn't a good place for new players to start at and get their feet wet.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By OurSin_360

@fezrock: I don't think melee is overpowered, everything else besides snipers is underpowered. Only characters i've had real fun with are melee this time around, which is what i typically avoided in the last game. Haven't tried gold so i'm not even sure it's viable on gold with how much damage enemies do and the amount of hits they take. I miss when they only got a slight buff but they introduced way more enemies

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@oursin_360 said:

@fezrock: I don't think melee is overpowered, everything else besides snipers is underpowered. Only characters i've had real fun with are melee this time around, which is what i typically avoided in the last game. Haven't tried gold so i'm not even sure it's viable on gold with how much damage enemies do and the amount of hits they take. I miss when they only got a slight buff but they introduced way more enemies

I don't need to use melee because you can get a lot of mileage out of abilities with classes I like still, but I agree with you that basically everything but sniping is underpowered for sure. When I have used a melee class that is just the way to go if you get certain upgrades. Suddenly you get 30% melee damage and meanwhile you are stuck with guns that just don't do much of anything and there's hardly any room for them to get better. The guns become ridiculously weak past Bronze to me. Add to that the fact that it has been taking me forever to get new ones (so I can't even use the type of weak guns I want) and that's an issue.

At least the balance made semi-auto a bit better but with how it made certain enemies stronger the game has only gotten harder and that's bad.

Despite my problems with it, I still have played like 30-40 hours probably at this point and I still like it. You can avoid some annoying parts if you are okay with a certain pace on upgrades or maybe not maxing out a character if you don't want to do Gold. I hope that changes.

Avatar image for sandalinbohemia
    sandalinbohemia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By sandalinbohemia

I just thought I sucked at the MP, it's surprisingly relieving to see other people having a tough time with it. I'm playing an engineer and I need to level up one entire ability tree to be able to carry heavier (better) guns and that just seems unfair. Right now I'm level 12 but I'm still stuck with the guns I started out with because otherwise I'll receive a serious penalty to the power recharge. I mean, I'm having a decent time, but it all seems a little unbalanced, especially the kett who are bullet sponges if I've ever seen them, and they bring both fiends and ascendants with them which is Too Much to Handle. Also, the platforming in the MP seems poorer than in the campaign but perhaps that's because I need to do it under pressure more often.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: Maybe 'overpowered' is the wrong word. Its more that, in general, melee makes shotguns pretty much obsolete. In most situations where you could fire a shotgun, its probably better to just melee.

I agree though that the real problem probably is that all the guns, other than sniper rifles, are near worthless. I'm not great at regular sniping, but the automatic sniper rifles are better than assault rifles. And there's never a good time for pistols because weapon weight is meaningless if you stay below the 100% capacity mark. In ME3 you could run around with just a pistol and have super-fast ability recharge times you couldn't otherwise get.

Personally, I use an M-90 Indra as my primary weapon on every character I use.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fezrock: Shotguns are completely useless, if you unlock the talon there is literally no need for them at all lol. Everything about the game is just unbalanced, i actually haven't played in a few days just from lack of desire to. Maybe i will hop on today at some point but honestly until the make more than 2 things viable late game it's pretty wack atm. I wish more of the classes were fun to play too, with combo detonations weaker than melee they are pretty useless and not fun to use.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By BladeOfCreation

Well my human soldier is level 19 now and with a team of randos with no communication (and if one is lucky, no lag), playing against outlaws at silver difficulty is pretty easy. Remnant, a little harder. Kett...yeah, fuuuuuuuuuck the kett.

I just started using a Widow (I think it's at level 3), my powers take a little longer to recharge but why did no one tell me how great these things were?!

I know the whole random loot box is a big part of the progression system, but I would pay good Mission Funds to buy specific weapons.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By OurSin_360

@bladeofcreation: silver is easier for me now with a few characters. Want to dominate silver? Get a krogan vanguard, max out charge, blood rage, and his armor tech. Literally get shields back every biotic charge and Regen full health with blood rage(get the Regen over melee). Headbut city

edit: i really don't like that all the interesting characters are ultra rare/rare, it wasn't as bad in the last game since the basic characters were good too but they completely suck in this one. At least get a character only pack like they did eventually for 3, it's like they learned nothing from that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.