Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

"installing game data.... do not turn off the system. "

g_rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I played through the prologue (hospital stuff) and i get stuck at this install screen. there aren't any prompts to clear space or anything, and there's a countdown timer that doesn't go. anyone else have this problem? does it say anywhere exactly how much space is needed?

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, had the same problem myself on PS4, fixed it by turning the PS4 all the way off (and ignoring the prompt telling me not to turn it off). It's counting down as we speak.

You could also try deleting the game and reinstalling it (I did that too, but it didn't work until I reset the PS4 fully), but back up your save just incase.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Just got MGS V (PS4). My experience so far....

Got to Title Screen and hit start. Screen went black and "3 days after wakening" shows up on screen and that's it. Tried to close the application and it sat there for about 5 minutes thinking about closing it. Finally it went back to the black screen with "3 days after wakening" and then I couldn't do anything at all. Had to hold power button for awhile for it to finally shut off. Couldn't eject the disc either.

Great start.

Avatar image for deactivated-609c6bb297de3
    deactivated-609c6bb297de3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I closed the application and then hard reset the console. That did the trick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.