Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Pre ordered game then realise delivery date

Matt_Rogan1407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I pre ordered the game a few months ago on Amazon and picked the wrong delivery option. I only noticed this on the dispatch email I received yesterday because the delivery date is the 8th September and not the 1st September. Now my excitement levels will have to be sustained for an extra week. Has anyone else done this for MGS5? Please come share in my misery!

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matt_rogan1407: I was lucky enough to get the game 4 days early, but I have done things like this before. If I had done this I would buy the game somewhere else and then return the Amazon copy once it arrives...but I'm a crazy person.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cancel the preorder and either:

A: go to a physical store

or B: preorder on console and preload

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cant you contant amazon and change the shipping to overnight shipping. or cancel your pre order and get it either on amazon again or somewhere else.
    or just return it.
    my "accidental horror story" from amazon was buying far cry 4 not realizing they had sold out on ps4 and that i accidentally choosen the pc version. diddent notice until i opened the package. i would have been able to return it and get my money back but never got around to it. ended up buying it for ps4 somewhere else. still have the pc copy laying around somewhere in shrink rap and that was on release day

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@grillbar: Uhh, doesn't that come with a steam code that you could perhaps uh...part ways with? For a duder in need?

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

Duder, you should be able to just edit the order and change your shipping option.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Teddie

Just do what everyone else is saying (cancel and pick up a copy), especially if you're worried about spoilers. It's one thing to avoid the stuff that leaked when only so many people would even want to look at that information, but going a whole week trying to stay spoiler-free when the floodgates are open will be a minefield.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Get Amazon prime, free 2 day shipping, get game on release date, profit.

Matt_Rogan1407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Matt_Rogan1407

I think I'm going to cancel the order and return it once it arrives. Thanks everyone.

Edit: Have now made the correct delivery order for release day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.