Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Shortcut to the power plant (spoilers?)

CaptainCoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So getting to the power plant is a real pain in the ass, since the helicopter won't land nearby. I found what seems to be a shortcut to the power plant. There is a valley that approaches the plant from the south, but it's elevated. You can probably climb up to it but there is a crashed helicopter blocking the way to the climbing crack. I already tried C4'ing the shit out of the helicopter but it won't budge.

Does anyone know how to remove the crashed helicopter, if it's even possible? To avoid spoilers I guess it would be enough to say if it gets unlocked later in the game from natural progression or if you need to do something special.

No Caption Provided

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It'll open up as a route later, just can't use it until a certain mission is played is all

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, just keep playing. It confused me too when I found it.

CaptainCoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Right on. Thanks!

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have to go the long way around. Story reasons.

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can actually blow up the big air radar dishes in each major location to unlock more helicopter landing zones, usually including right in the middle of the base. Also the game never really mentions it but you can actually fast travel. Each major location (named area) will have an orange platform in it somewhere, usually near a road. On the platform should be a sign post that you rip a sticker off of to unlock it as a fast travel location. After that you can just equip a cardboard box on the platform to instantly travel to any other unlocked fast travel point. That helps *a lot* if you are going back and forth to do side missions there.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So getting to the power plant is a real pain in the ass, since the helicopter won't land nearby. I found what seems to be a shortcut to the power plant. There is a valley that approaches the plant from the south, but it's elevated. You can probably climb up to it but there is a crashed helicopter blocking the way to the climbing crack. I already tried C4'ing the shit out of the helicopter but it won't budge.

Does anyone know how to remove the crashed helicopter, if it's even possible? To avoid spoilers I guess it would be enough to say if it gets unlocked later in the game from natural progression or if you need to do something special.

No Caption Provided

You need to go the long way around...aaaand you should probably bring a sniper rifle.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@ottoman673: if you wanna do it the "intended way" bring a sniper rifle. I used a rubber bullet assault rifle and it was baller! Day time even!!!!! I love this game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.