Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

The final main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and the original Metal Gear, as Big Boss wakes up from a nine-year coma in 1984 to rebuild his mercenary paradise.

Snake-in-a-Box! (Gameplay)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Yo. This E3 season's first MGS5 footage surfaces - hereby dubbed Snake-in-a-Box! Not to be confused with Dick-in-a-Box.

Oh the shennanigans Snake will be up to with this. If there isn't a ladies bathroom or gym shower old man perv Big Boss can snake into, and get to gorge himself on sweet jigglybits, I'd be disappointed.

Snake-peek everyone!

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Now the cardboard box has camo! oh god its going to be even more difficult to find snake now. wonder if the box comes with different skins .

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Cardboard box returns! There was much rejoicing!

Actually, that looks OP, and like it ruins the whole "realistic inventory" thing that Ground Zeroes had been going for.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Y'know, if I saw a big box lying around anywhere, at someone's home or the office inside or outdoors - I'd be pretty curious about a big damn box.

I know what you mean...

Loading Video...

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

After playing MGS1, 2, 3 & GZ last months this is my most anticipated game of 2015!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I just noticed, during the item equip bit, there's an item named PHANTOM CIGAR.

PHANTOM

CIGAR.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@dudeglove said:

Y'know, if I saw a big box lying around anywhere, at someone's home or the office inside or outdoors - I'd be pretty curious about a big damn box.

I know what you mean...

Loading Video...

Can we change the topic of this thread to how awesome this game was?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Too cute, even the little shredded pieces of paper looks like little confetti hearts.

Although surprised how poor the frame rate is even when Phantom Ground Zeroes ran so well.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@crithon: This game also seems to look better graphically than Ground Zeroes, though.

Anyway, I'm happy the cardboard box is returning. I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steadyingmeat: that it is, I saw the video before on poor wifi. Thought I saw frame rate hitch ups, ground zeroes ran so well hope it's that good again.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Corevi

E3 HYPE TRAIN STOPS FOR NO MAN. Phantom Pain is probably my most anticipated game of 2015, though Witcher 3 is getting kinda close.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon said:

@steadyingmeat: that it is, I saw the video before on poor wifi. Thought I saw frame rate hitch ups, ground zeroes ran so well hope it's that good again.

I wouldn't worry, it's still very early...remember Ground Zeroes was a finished product, this isn't coming until 2015. I'm so looking forward to this game, the mechanics were so improved in Ground Zeroes that when applied to a full game I can only imagine how awesome it will be.

Glad to see the box back. Jeff and Brad seemed upset there was no box in Ground Zeroes.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just noticed, during the item equip bit, there's an item named PHANTOM CIGAR.

PHANTOM

CIGAR.

Wait, does this mean Murdered: Soul Suspect is somehow related!? Follow the money.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon said:

I wouldn't worry, it's still very early...remember Ground Zeroes was a finished product, this isn't coming until 2015. I'm so looking forward to this game, the mechanics were so improved in Ground Zeroes that when applied to a full game I can only imagine how awesome it will be.

Glad to see the box back. Jeff and Brad seemed upset there was no box in Ground Zeroes.

Yeah, yeah. Well, like the weird animation of the box leaving just reminds of when physics is added to an item and it flies out dramatically into the sky in other games. Just little things like that still give me an impression they need a bit more time. But yeah I'm optimistic, I put in over 35 hours into Ground Zeroes like an self respected fanboy.

Actually for some reason I was hoping we would get the Love Boxes from Peace Walker and just climb them up. But I tend to get that way when I see the new MGS games and am too used to the last ones.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh man this makes me happy.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They sounded like they were having a ton of fun!

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dussck said:

After playing MGS1, 2, 3 & GZ last months this is my most anticipated game of 2015!

Ok this comment was clearly made before The Witcher 3 trailer released x_x

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see someone splice in that gameplay, complete with the excited Japanese, into the newest gritty trailer. Now THAT would suit Metal Gear Solid.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By Humanity

All I know is that

damn, I love Metal Gear.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.