Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Middle-earth: Shadow of War

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 10, 2017

Talion returns to confront the Ringwraiths and the dark lord Sauron himself.

Worst double-jump in the history of gaming?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Poll Worst double-jump in the history of gaming? (31 votes)

Yes (Or, I have no evidence otherwise) 29%
    No (Or, I've played a game with worse) 71%

I'm exaggerating.

Really, in practice, I think the double-jump has made traversal actively worse. I rarely end up where I need to go, and often the momentum between the two jumps is wildly different. Seriously, it's like the thing is allergic to tight-ropes and ledges and just wants me to land flat-ass on the grounda s often as possible. Is there a double-jump is the rest of gaming that trumps how awful this one is? A double jump that, not only doesn't make sense in the lore, not only feels bad, but also hinders the very movement it was made to smooth out? Is there a game out there whose existence would be improved by lack of a double-jump which was built in?

• 
    Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nah, I have seen worse but i gotta say that it's weird that they went with this direction even the summersalt animation doesn't look cool.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. I don't specifically remember the game even having a double-jump? Shows how memorable it was, I guess. I do remember the movement in the game feeling like garbage in general, so maybe it just sort of blended generally "this isn't good to play?"

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Certain double jumps in Destiny (1&2) are worse in my opinion. Mainly because platforming is a bigger part of that game (especially in the raids) so when you have a dodgy double jump its much worse than an optional thing thats easy to ignore. Personally I thought it was so ridiculous in Shadow of War that it was funny to me, which kind of sums up my opinion of Monolith's Middle-Earth series in general.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Teddie

Double jump in Crash Bandicoot 3 is by far the worst in my experience. It completely kills your forward momentum and slows you down so much, it totally ruins the flow of running and jumping. And there's basically no gameplay benefit, because the height/distance it ends up giving you is tiny.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I really dislike Maria's double jump in Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, as you can't control its trajectory.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Knack had a particularly heinous double jump. And normal jump, for that matter. So many platforms were just too high to get over with a normal jump, so you had to use the double almost all the time. Provided barely any additional lift.

AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The spin attack in the Super Mario Galaxy games is easily the worst double jump.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.