Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

If they do another 4 characters who should they be?

• 78 results
    Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Bwast
    @DEMONOLOGY_24 said:
     I want to see Jason as one so that they even out the horror movie characters
    A lot of the main characters were in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. That's a pretty horrific movie.
    ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By ShaggE
    @WinterSnowblind said:

@ShaggE said:

Jason, mostly because I'm *loving* watching people act like the world has ended because of Freddy's inclusion.

I don't think it's unreasonable to be upset when they start skipping over actual characters from the franchise and start adding in silly guest characters.

Why is it okay to hate Soulcalibur for adding Yoda, but it's fine when MK adds someone like this? The tone matches slightly more, but he still has no place in the universe and it only sets a precedent for more of this sort of thing in a sequel. I'm not as annoyed about Freddy being in, as much as I am over the fact the sequel is now likely going to be "Mortal Kombat vs generic horror movie guys".

But it is unreasonable for people to go batshit insane at Boon & Co. over a character in a fighting game. I've seen death threats over this shit, for crying out loud. God forbid somebody has to occasionally fight Freddy online, thus destroying the oh-so-serious MK experience.  

Also, I don't hate Yoda in SC4 at all. I don't mind guest characters one bit. Canon doesn't mean shit to me (it's a fighting game. The story is just there because why not), and I'm strong-willed enough to not run out and buy a bunch of Star Wars merch because I saw Yoda in a game, so I see no downside in having a silly extra like that.  

But all that aside, what makes you think they'll do an "MK vs. The Horror Genre"? That's a giant leap from a single DLC character. I don't see "Soulcalibur vs. Star Wars" on sale.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@ShaggE said:

But it is unreasonable for people to go batshit insane at Boon & Co. over a character in a fighting game. I've seen death threats over this shit, for crying out loud. God forbid somebody has to occasionally fight Freddy online, thus destroying the oh-so-serious MK experience. Also, I don't hate Yoda in SC4 at all. I don't mind guest characters one bit. Canon doesn't mean shit to me (it's a fighting game. The story is just there because why not), and I'm strong-willed enough to not run out and buy a bunch of Star Wars merch because I saw Yoda in a game, so I see no downside in having a silly extra like that. But all that aside, what makes you think they'll do an "MK vs. The Horror Genre"? That's a giant leap from a single DLC character. I don't see "Soulcalibur vs. Star Wars" on sale.

Some people are probably taking it a step too far, yeah. But I also don't think it makes someone stupid for wanting Mortal Kombat to be Mortal Kombat, as silly as it is.. and not be watered down with things from other franchises. We haven't seen Soulcalibur vs Star Wars, probably because it would be a licencing nightmare and because they got massive fan backlash for including those characters, far beyond than what we're seeing from the minority here. If Freddy proves popular in MK (and he already has), I guarantee that WB are going to insist on including more characters like this in the future. I was exagerating with "MK vs Horror movies" but a load more of these guest characters are almost certain now.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ShaggE
    @WinterSnowblind said:

@ShaggE said:

But it is unreasonable for people to go batshit insane at Boon & Co. over a character in a fighting game. I've seen death threats over this shit, for crying out loud. God forbid somebody has to occasionally fight Freddy online, thus destroying the oh-so-serious MK experience. Also, I don't hate Yoda in SC4 at all. I don't mind guest characters one bit. Canon doesn't mean shit to me (it's a fighting game. The story is just there because why not), and I'm strong-willed enough to not run out and buy a bunch of Star Wars merch because I saw Yoda in a game, so I see no downside in having a silly extra like that. But all that aside, what makes you think they'll do an "MK vs. The Horror Genre"? That's a giant leap from a single DLC character. I don't see "Soulcalibur vs. Star Wars" on sale.

Some people are probably taking it a step too far, yeah. But I also don't think it makes someone stupid for wanting Mortal Kombat to be Mortal Kombat, as silly as it is.. and not be watered down with things from other franchises. We haven't seen Soulcalibur vs Star Wars, probably because it would be a licencing nightmare and because they got massive fan backlash for including those characters, far beyond than what we're seeing from the minority here. If Freddy proves popular in MK (and he already has), I guarantee that WB are going to insist on including more characters like this in the future. I was exagerating with "MK vs Horror movies" but a load more of these guest characters are almost certain now.

As long as they're optional, I say bring 'em on. Keep it pure for the purists, and crazy for the less dedicated.   

I also didn't mean to insinuate that every naysayer was saying nay for stupid reasons. I'm solely talking about the ones who are actually freaking out about this.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Bestostero

Is anyone here actually being serious?

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By TechHits

@ShaggE
    said: 
    As long as they're optional, I say bring 'em on. Keep it pure for the purists, and crazy for the less dedicated.    I also didn't mean to insinuate that every naysayer was saying nay for stupid reasons. I'm solely talking about the ones who are actually freaking out about this.
    On a side note I think it is especially weird because kratos is already in the game. (kinda braking that MK purity, if there is such a thing)   

@xhavoc86 said: 
    God I hope not.
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By grilledcheez

Hitler

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Kyreo

Jason, Marcus Fenix, Yoshimitsu, and J Allard.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Kyreo

@xhavoc86 said:

I'm somewhat serious about what I want. I think Yoshimitsu from the Namco games would be a great fit, and Marcus Fenix should have been 360 exclusive character. I also think Jason Vorhees or Mike Meyers needs to be in the game to even out the horror characters, and I wasn't being serious about the J Allard thing. Maybe Ed Boon. Yeah. A Playable Ed Boon character would be awesome. I feel like they should save that for MK 10, whatever that may be.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Jason Voorhees basically needs to be in the game now.

As for non-joke characters, I'd like to see Shinnok and Fujin, obviously. Probably Tanya as the token lady-fighter.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By StaticFalconar

cyber scorpian, cyber reptile, cyber shao kahn, and cyber sasha grey 

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#62  Edited By XenoNick

Doom guy, Duke Nukem, Marcus Fenix and Predator.

EDIT: Hell why not Pyramid Head?

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MeierTheRed

Pinhead, Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers. Just bring all the classic horror movie bastards in there.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Yanngc33

The bomb squad (vinny, ryan, jeff and brad)

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By karatetron

Batman, Batman, Batman, and Batman.

rargy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#66  Edited By rargy
    No Caption Provided
    Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#67  Edited By Mezmero

I kind of expected this thread to spin out of control but I appreciate the input everyone. A couple people mentioned Frost who I never actually considered but seeing that she shows up sometimes fighting in the background of The Pit she stands a fair chance at making the cut. If they already made her character model it would be easier to program moves for her. A lot of people seem to want Khameleon but I really don't see the point of making another (ableit the final remaining) ninja. I just hope that IF they make another pack they will omit any characters passed MK 4. My revised list is as follows: Cyber-Smoke, Shinnok, Frost, and Jason. The WB influence is really weirding me out with the release of Freddy but if they have the license to put movie monsters into MK10 then I'm all for a Mortal Kombat vs Warner Bros Universe. The online problems are unfortunate but I have full confidence in NetherRealm's ability to deliver more great games in the future.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@ryanwho said:
    @The_Medic said:

I always thought Wolverine would fit into Mortal Kombat pretty well. As long as Capcom doesn't have some kind of deal in place to prevent that, which seems unlikely

Its very likely that Disney would have a problem with Wolverine being in such a violent game and being in a game published by the owners of DC comics. Consider how touchy WB was about DC characters in MK vs DC. "Brutalities" and shit to 'protect' the portrayals of the heroes. Multiply that by 10 and you have Disney.
    Did anyone see how beat to shit Wolverine was in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie tie in game?  You could see his entire skeletal structure if you got damaged enough times.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Bestostero

well serious or not, a lot of interesting choices to say the least...lol

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
    SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Did anyone see how beat to shit Wolverine was in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie tie in game? You could see his entire skeletal structure if you got damaged enough times.

That was before Disney acquired Marvel.

And really, there's a difference between that and Wolverine getting, say, Noob's fatality.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By shadows_kill

3 more ninjas and Jason

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chun Li, Jeff Gerstmann, William Dafoe, Danny Devito are my picks

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#73  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Mt. Fuji. It's not a character from somewhere else, it is just a mountain. It does absolutely nothing and you just watch other people try to kill it for some reason. It also has fatalities.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74  Edited By jonnyboy

The Beatles.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By matpaget

Woody Woodpecker

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#76  Edited By DjCmeP

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:

I want to see Jason as one so that they even out the horror movie characters
    Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
    deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if they're going to do another 4 it's only fair to stick Jason in the mix...

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#78  Edited By TechnoSyndrome
    Belokk, Frost, Cyber-Smoke and Jason. I don't actually care about Freddy or Jason, but Freddy's inclusion would feel less odd if there was another classic slasher movie villain in the game, and Jason would be the obvious choice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.