Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

MK9 Komplete coming to PC in July

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Chibithor

With all the Xbox One threads going around, here's something different:

http://news.cision.com/warner-bros--home-entertainment/r/warner-bros--interactive-entertainment-announces-mortal-kombat-komplete-edition-for-pc,c9417819

Rumors about it have been going around for a while, especially after it showed up on the Steam database, and the official announcement's finally here. Ported by High Voltage Software, the dates announced are July 3rd for digital and August 6th for the physical release. The PC version is the Komplete Edition which has all of the DLC, including Freddy.

More PC fighters is always great news as far as I'm concerned, hopefully the port will be good and do well enough to make NetherRealm consider Injustice in the future. Fans of KoF might also be interested to know that KoF XIII has also been found in the Steam database (here).

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Kool.

Avatar image for peterpasinili007
    peterpasinili007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Finally!!!!

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, have it on vita, but it'd be nice for more than 2 people online to play with at one time.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hoping alot of Australian PC players end up getting this as I bet they won't be fixing the netcode.

Also High Voltage Software? The Conduit and ZoE HD dudes? I'll wait for port-reports before buying.

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

ThomasG666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kan't wait for this!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Lukeweizer

I would think about picking this up if I knew of a way to hook my PS3 kontroller to my PC.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ThunderSlash

@lukeweizer: Look up MotionInJoy, it's a third party driver for the PS3 controller. You'll need a USB cable to get it to work though. I think there might be a way for Bluetooth to work too.

HolyHackZack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet, hopefully will add some legs to the fighting game crowd after everyone moves to the new consoles. You will see more use yet xbox arcade stick!

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By phrosnite

I hope the port is solid. High Voltage...

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Rhaknar

22.50 at GMG with 25% off code btw

FoolishChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If the port is good I will absolutely pick this up, despite owning it on the ps3.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need something other than SF on PC so i'm very much looking forward to this even though i have it on 360... different set of friends :P

Still waiting for it to appear on Steam though, only 12 days till release isn't it, cutting it kinda close regarding pre orders and pre loading.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Sooty

Fighting games are the best on PC, I like how I can just decide to play some Street Fighter and the game instantly loads up, no turning on a console and waiting an ice age for them to boot up and get you into a game.

I don't really like this version of MK though, but if it's cheap enough I might give it a go if some friends get it, will ask them.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would think about picking this up if I knew of a way to hook my PS3 kontroller to my PC.

Here you go. It's simple enough; I've used mine for the better part of a year.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cikame

It's tough to get decent pads for fighting games on pc, i've looked for recommendations from the community and most just say xbox 360 pad, only unless you use a twisty dpad wirelessly the only other option is the wired pc pads, which have the bad dpads :(.
    The MadCatz fighting pad is terrible quality and i haven't seen anyone recommend pc brands like logitech or any other.

I use xbox pads since i eventually found good ones, in a pinch i will use an n64 controller, works suprisingly well.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Who is picking this up? Add me on Steam my name is YoThatLimp. I just picked this up for 12$!

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21  Edited By JTB123

@yothatlimp: Will add you when I get home tonight :) Really looking forward to this, been hoping it would come out on PC. Steam name is the same my GB name.

Malarkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact this still isn't in the Coming Soon section of Steam is kinda worrisome. I sure hope it turns out alright...

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't worry if it doesn't show in the Steam library at the moment, the game is on your account but it hasn't been activated on Steam yet.

Early reports suggest this is a decent version of the game, but all in all it has been a very shoddy lead up to release, only selling on certain sites (only GMG in the uk), no advertising, Ed Boon only mentioned it once and that was about rumors months ago before it was... casually announced.
    I only know this exists because of Eventhubs, i'll be suprised if it sells 100 units.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JoeyRavn

No Caption Provided

Who is picking this up? Add me on Steam my name is YoThatLimp. I just picked this up for 12$!

Good guy @yothatlimp: stealth posts 25% off coupon for MK:KE for everyone to see :D

jimmy_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are screenshots of this port on Totalbiscuit's twitter account. The game supposedly runs at 60 fps so its at least a decent PC release.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@joeyravn: It's no secret. Green Man Gaming seems to constantly have discount codes plastered all over their site.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@joeyravn said:

@yothatlimp said:
    No Caption Provided

Good guy @yothatlimp: stealth posts 25% off coupon for MK:KE for everyone to see :D

Ah damn, at first I was thinking using that code would get me the game for $12; was super stoked until I realized you had $10 credit lol

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joeyravn: It's no secret. Green Man Gaming seems to constantly have discount codes plastered all over their site.

Sure. Never said it was a secret, though. I'm just glad @yothatlimp decided to include the voucher in his post.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By YoThatLimp
    @ajamafalous said:

@joeyravn said:

@yothatlimp said:
    No Caption Provided

Ah damn, at first I was thinking using that code would get me the game for $12; was super stoked until I realized you had $10 credit lol

Sorry duder!

Yeah the lack of fanfare is sort of off putting not that people are mentioning it. Was it an external studio that did the port job? Looks like it is High Voltage

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmy_p said:

There are screenshots of this port on Totalbiscuit's twitter account. The game supposedly runs at 60 fps so its at least a decent PC release.

The console version ran at 60 also.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame said:

@jimmy_p said:

The console version ran at 60 also.

When it wanted to. The PS3 version at least had a ton of slowdown issues, to the point where certain stages were banned in tournament play.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#32  Edited By godzilla_sushi

So what's the word from someone who bought it? I'd buy it again on PC if I knew it performed well (especially online).

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is available now, i'm downloading but i'm from the UK so mine will be done in 5 hours, which probably means i won't get to play it till tomorrow.
    10GB is the size.

Buttenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

It seems to run really well, but the online is barren as all hell. I keep coming up against the same two people in ranked and there's a grand total of 4 people in the lobbies right now.

Malarkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the online seems kinda depressing. I was playing ranked and played against the #1 dude on the leaderboard (Qinchiero?) three times in a row. Suffice it to say I did not have a very good time.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah its weird how little they are advertising this, played against a friend and it was a little laggy, that could have been because I was streaming though, it seems like a god port.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

...it seems like a god port.

Bow down, SSFIVAE!

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By joshwent

@yothatlimp: That's definitely a god tier quote. ;)

Anybody think this will go down in price during the steam sale? I really wanna pick it up, but $'s a concern, and I'd hate to miss out on saving some much needed cash.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Buying a fighting game on PC feels weird.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This port is fantastic, i cannot comment on the online yet but it doesn't suprise me that it wouldn't have many players with how quiet this release was.
    Game runs well, loads quickly, good graphics options, minimizes and returns from desktop instantly, this game is worth it for just the single player stuff in my opinion but as it stands with pc fighting games, it's better to have friends queued up to fight against because you won't find many other people online.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sooty

@joshwent said:

@yothatlimp said:

...it seems like a god port.

Bow down, SSFIVAE!

It's not as good a port as SSFIV, which will run on a toaster maxed out.

and this game, THIS GAME, why is the juggling so fucking stupid? As Kabal I find it ridiculous that jabbing someone FIVE TIMES in a juggle state (into the dash and then D, B hook) is actually a viable way to boost your damage (30% no meter), I'm sorry but it looks stupid and it feels retarded to pull off. I wish this game had a better combo system. It feels like a budget game sometimes.

I actually feel cheap and like a "n00b" for doing some of these combos that involve multiple jabs during a juggle, it feels incredibly basic yet it's very effective for damage boosting. In SSFIV and Marvel doing extra punches like that will often reduce the damage of your combo making them detrimental after a certain point, those systems work far better because you're not spamming the same basic attack 5 times in a row WHICH LOOKS SO DUMB.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instead of crafting a long explanitory response i'm just going to say that you might be wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.