Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Criterion's reboot of one of the most popular games in the Need for Speed series. The game features Racer versus Cop gameplay and can be played from either perspective at any time.

Hot Pursuit Race Night: The Big Showdown (Sundays, 9:00 PM ET)

• 185 results
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

#151  Edited By falconer
    @PsEG: Sig. Takedowns is the last achievement I need in Revenge. I'm pretty sure you can only get those in single player events though.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#152  Edited By trace
    @ShaggyChu: Yep, seems to be confirmed from what I've read elsewhere. Quite the annoying, annoying shame, that. I still maintain Revenge was the weakest of the main entries in the Burnout series.
    Avatar image for magicallystoopid
    Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@PsEG said:
    " All right, everyone. We took a break for the biggest football game of the year, but this week, I'm going to try bringing some life back into NFS: Hot Pursuit Race Night. Consider this your one hour warning! At 9:00 PM EST, we'll try our hand at some cop-on-crook racing action, if people show up. Details on how to join are in the first post.

Nothing to add beyond that, at this point. Hopefully people still remember this exists! I'll see you in an hour or so if that's true.

EDIT: Wellp! Not much of a turnout this week. We'll give this another try next week, but if nobody shows up again, we'll call it and close down the Xbox 360 side of things (or everything if the PS3 side's already barren -- not sure about their status). "
    It's already been pretty bad on the PS3 side of things, especially considering I haven't been table to log onto it on time... and the last time I did no one showed up.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By trace
    @Magicallystoopid: Fair enough, then. If we don't get a decent turnout next week (more than three people), I'd say it's time to close this race night down. Unlike Forza 3, which was still fun back when we were floundering with 2-3 people, NFS demands a larger crowd to be entertaining. The smaller matches often end in frustration.
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By falconer
    @PsEG said:
    " @ShaggyChu: Yep, seems to be confirmed from what I've read elsewhere. Quite the annoying, annoying shame, that. I still maintain Revenge was the weakest of the main entries in the Burnout series. "
    Aside from the first game, yeah, I agree. I've actually been trying to acquire a copy of Burnout 2 from ebay lately. Some asshole wants 75 dollars for a sealed copy. He has a sealed copy of Burnout 3 listed at 23 dollars, so I tried to talk him down to 30 for B2. He basically told me to fuck off.
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By falconer

The eve of new DLC. Lets hope there's a turnout of more than two or three tonight. Laz usually doesn't remember about this until right before/at 9, so I'll bump this now as a reminder. 

9PM EST people!

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By trace

Yes, thanks for reminding me. Tonight! 9 PM EST! We'll do some things. Remember how I said that Hot Pursuit Race Night might go away? Due to all this new DLC, I can safely say the 360 side of things will keep rolling no matter what. If nobody shows up? Oh well! I'll at least stay on for the first hour each week.

So yes, under two hours to go. Let's do some racing and cop chasing, shall we?

EDIT: As an aside, I might be a minute or two late. The Amazing Race is on right before Hot Pursuit Race Night, and I try my hardest not to miss The Amazing Race (especially now that it's finally in HD).

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By falconer

No Caption Provided
    Or just that Laz fellow.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By trace

Remember, Falcon -- don't spike your teammates over petty feuds. EMP them!

I'd write race notes, but there's not a whole lot to detail (and I already forgot most of it). We had a wonderful turnout, partly in thanks to natetodamax's return and Sparklykiss's debut, and ShaggyChu and I escalated our Petty Feud of Doom™ a few levels. I don't regret it!

Remember, next week, a new DLC pack comes out, with two new modes. We're going to try both of them. You may have to pick up this DLC to join us, but I'm not sure. Stay tuned!

EDIT: Oh, and remember that issue I had with the Super Sports cars not showing up? Turns out your theories were completely on-target. The Super Sports DLC pack is labeled as the 1.1 update when you download it, so removing that (which would have been the proper thing to do in Burnout Paradise) made it impossible for me to choose those cars.

MixxMasterMaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#160  Edited By MixxMasterMaxx

I'll try to turn up for Sunday night race night, for some reason I've been looking on Fridays (Crazy?!?).  Hope to see you folks next week!!
    -I00percentbURNT (360)

HayFourZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By HayFourZee
    @PsEG: the race nights still happening right?
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By trace

Heads up, everyone! In 40 minutes or so, we're going to start more cops and racers action in NFS: Hot Pursuit. If you want to join me (and hopefully a few others) on the 360 and you haven't joined us before, there's information for you in the first post.

Also note that we'll probably be trying the new DLC modes released last week. That's Arms Race and Most Wanted. They sound pretty awesome! Hopefully they really are.

9:00 PM EST! Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Race Night. Join us!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#163  Edited By natetodamax

Ah, I don't have the DLC.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By trace

Well, a great big thank you to those of you that attended. I think it's safe to say that Arms Race and Most Wanted are both game modes that should have shipped with Hot Pursuit. They're fabulous, Most Wanted moreso. Having a weaker racer surrounded by well-armed teammates that are mostly irrelevant to the goal of the cops creates some interesting mechanics, as does the Interceptor "go anywhere" mechanic. It even makes our Crown Vic swarm matches pretty darn interesting.

That's not to sell Arms Race short. Racing with weapons is quite great, and having the game automatically rain down low-level roadblocks and choppers on the leader is a nice balancing touch. There can be times where a leader pulls away and decides his own fate, but it's still a pretty thrilling mode.

In short, if you have 560 MS Points and you want to play a lot of NFS: Hot Pursuit online, you should get the Armed and Dangerous pack. It's quite good. Aside from that, I hope to see a bunch of you next week for more crazy racing and chasing!

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#165  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Just picked up Armed and Dangerous! Missed this week's matchup for the Oscars, but I hope to be there next Sunday.

quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#166  Edited By quinistheman

Well, it looks like the PS3 race night is all but dead but if you're trying to fill a lobby I'm game any week.

My PSN: PhillipJFry (two Ls)

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By falconer

Yup, I 100% forgot about this. I wasn't even home at 9, but that's what a total of 10 hours of studying over the weekend for a Calc does to yah (was all for nothing too, YAY). I got the Lambo pack today. Ooooooooooh my god do they sound sooooooo wonderful. Especially the Countach. *drools* Can't wait to run them online.

HayFourZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By HayFourZee

No Caption Provided
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#169  Edited By Skald

Anyone who plays a lot of Most Wanted, I'd love to add you.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By trace

All right, everyone. 80 minute warning! Get your Lamborghinis warmed up if you have them, because at 9:00 PM EST, we go to war. At least on the 360 side, that is. PS3 side's gone dark for a few weeks, I think.

I'll expect that there will be plenty of Most Wanted and Arms Race again this week, so if you don't have the Armed and Dangerous DLC pack, I'd recommend you get it. It's $7 of game modes that should have come with the game, no doubt.

9:00 PM EST. The Big Showdown! I hope to see you there.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By trace

Well, that was an interesting few hours of Race Night. Thanks to everyone for joining us!

I only have three minor points, but let's put up the old image, anyways:

Armed and Extremely Dangerous.
    Armed and Extremely Dangerous.
    1. The new Lamborghinis are awesome.
    2. Falcon is an ass.
    3. My headset's not actually broken! Turns out a piece just came loose. Snapped it back in and it's working perfectly now, so saying Falcon caused me to bust a headset is a complete and outright untruth.

Especially glad about that last point, because fuck the new style of headsets. I don't know why you'd take a perfectly fine headset and screw it up by moving the mute switch and volume controls, removing the two additional plugs that keep it stable and not-staticky in the slot, and make all the foam padding coarse and uncomfortable to wear. Seriously.

Today's been a win-win for me. I won't be around next week, though, as I'll be in an airport waiting to fly home from PAX East. I hope you'll all go on without me, and I'll see you in two weeks for more crazy cop-on-crook action!
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By falconer
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By trace

Everyone. It's been two weeks, and as mentioned, that means we should pick back up our usual cop-on-crook action! This is your one hour warning. At 9:00 PM EDT, I'm hoping a few of us, at the very least, will get together for some Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit action. I know a few of us still need some particular online achievements, too!

That's right. I looked to make sure. I know some of you need a few pesky online achievements.

I may not have much to say, due to fighting off this awfully annoying cold/infection/whatever, but I hope that some of you will join us for Hot Pursuit Race Night in just over an hour at 9:00 PM EDT! Catch it. Or something.

Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShaggyChu said:

" Race night. It's serious business. "

Can't sleep... Hammond will eat me...
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By trace

Well, that was a surprisingly rousing night, after a slow start! My thanks to everyone who showed up, including Sparklykiss and a surprise appearance from Matt. It was quite the thrilling night of takedowns and managing to get lost in a shortcut with hay4z.

As a warning, though this was discussed during the event itself, Hot Pursuit Race Night might soon face some schedule conflicts with NFS Shift 2: Unleashed. A bunch of us are going to get that, and it can't interfere with Forza Race Night, so there's a chance it may end up sharing/taking over Sundays from Hot Pursuit. Just be aware if you want to get certain online achievements with us and haven't yet.

Other than that, thanks again to everyone who joined us! I had a lot of fun, despite all my coughing and hacking, and I hope you had fun, too.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#176  Edited By matt

Glad I stopped by, had a great time.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By trace

OK, everyone! One hour warning! In an hour, we'll play what may very well be the last unhindered night of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Race Night. Next week, Shift 2 will be out, and that may make things...awkward. We'll see. We'll talk about it.

If you have any online achievements you need to get tonight, be sure to let everyone know! That way, we're not holding you back from an S-Rank if this does end up being the last night of pure Hot Pursuit. Keep it in mind!

Other than that, I hope to see a lot of you at 9:00 PM EDT, where we'll pit cops and racers against one another.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#178  Edited By Julmust

Wow, I just started playing this game. I'm sad I missed out and I can't play tonight. >:

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Crap, I just finished something else and looks like I'm too late. Let's arrange visitation rights for our buddy Hot Pursuit!

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By falconer

Unfortunately most of the regular participant for this Race Night have moved on to Shift 2 for the time that this was scheduled. Next time new DLC comes out we'll likely play. I'll try to remember to post something then if anyone would care to join us.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By NickL

So I'm assuming this doesnt happen anymore since last post is one month old? I just started playing this game yesterday =p Guess i'll go back to playing random people online lol

pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#182  Edited By pantzing_nome
    @NickL: Hopefully it will start back up if some new DLC comes out or right before The Run comes out.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By trace

Right now, Hot Pursuit Race Night is indeed on indefinite hiatus. We're currently using the timeslot to instead run DiRT 3 Race Night in America.

If new DLC with achievements comes out, we might bring it back for a few weeks, but otherwise, it'll remain on indefinite hiatus for the foreseeable future.

Magicallystoopid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to post a reply now to see if people would be interested in a brief Hot Pursuit Race Night in honor of NFS: Most Wanted coming out in November...

So I'm doing that... now.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#185  Edited By super2j

i want this to be happening!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.