Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Nintendo NX speculation thead

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By moywar700

Helllo, I've been using some hints and deductions about the Nintendo NX and I have a good idea what the console will be like. In the Nintendo NX thread, I will show people what content Nintendo NX willl have. I bet the most common question people have in mind is how powerful Nintendo NX will be and what kinds of games will the system have.

1.Nintendo NX will undoubtedly be just another console . Don't believe the marketing hype how this will be the newest thing ever. A lot of times when advertisers do this, they don't even tell the audience what's so special about the console.

2. Nintendo NX will included remastered ports from third parties or games that will already be coming out for the PS4 or XBOX 1. Game companies aren't willing to take financial risks to make an entirely new game. Nintendo has not yet proven their worth. The game companies that will be making games for the Nintendo NX console aren't making the video-games specifically for Nintendo in mind.

3.Nintendo NX will use the same architect for their Wii U. Supposedly rumors say that Nintendo is planning to make Zelda for the NX. If this is true, than Nintendo NX must have the same architect for their Wii U.

4. Nintendo NX's power will be somewhere between PS4 and PS5 like what Wii U was to the PS3 and PS4.

5. Nintendo will try again to gain third party support from game genres like Call of Duty and Battlefield. Nintendo send out a dev kit to EA so I suspect that is what they must be doing.

6. Nintendo will try to capture the PS4 and XBOX 1 crowd with their new handheld by having third party games which are similar to GTA and Call of Duty.

7.Nintendo's handheld will be the device developers will brand new games specifically for Nintendo which aren't ports or remasters. Nintendo's handheld have always been lucrative.

8. Nintendo's new handheld will be beyond ps3 and xbox 360 of graphics. PS3 graphics weren't that particular impressive. 3ds was able to have ps3 level of graphics if developers paid more more money to the memory card in order to have more detail. Resident evil revelations was a good example to support my point. If I had to to a guess, it will exceed ps3 and xbox 360 level of graphics.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My favorite part was when you said that 3ds can pull off ps3 levels of graphics.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite part was when you said that 3ds can pull off ps3 levels of graphics.

My favorite part is when you were proven false.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz6cQ7OWWSk

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By moywar700

@kingbonesaw said:

But will the NX have a WarioWare game?

I can't predict that. Sorry.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@71ranchero said:

I grant you that the 3DS is capable of some surprisingly impressive graphics when done right, but Resident Evil Revelations (itself designed for the 3DS) being ported to consoles and significantly upscaled doesn't really prove anything.

Your assertion is ignoring a great deal of very important factors: Resolution and texture detail to name just two.

Resident Evil 4 came out on PS3 too, but that doesn't mean a PS2 has PS3 quality graphics. It's just takes advantage of that consoles particular specs, and (in good cases) does what it can to make the most of it.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

1.Nintendo NX will undoubtedly be just another console . Don't believe the marketing hype how this will be the newest thing ever. A lot of times when advertisers do this, they don't even tell the audience what's so special about the console.

Isn't the general consensus that this will be some console / handheld hybrid? Isn't most of the speculation ABOUT what's special about the NX? Since the product isn't announced yet, the official marketing cycle hasn't even started yet.

2. Nintendo NX will included remastered ports from third parties or games that will already be coming out for the PS4 or XBOX 1.

Citation needed

3.Nintendo NX will use the same architect for their Wii U. Supposedly rumors say that Nintendo is planning to make Zelda for the NX. If this is true, than Nintendo NX must have the same architect for their Wii U.

Same architect? John Johnson is fantastic.

4. Nintendo NX's power will be somewhere between PS4 and PS5 like what Wii U was to the PS3 and PS4.

NX= PS 4.5. Got it.

5. Nintendo will try again to gain third party support from game genres like Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Wow, COD and Battlefield are game genres now.

6. Nintendo will try to capture the PS4 and XBOX 1 crowd with their new handheld by having third party games which are similar to GTA and Call of Duty.

Citation needed. I also like how your first bullet point states that the NX is just another console, but now you're suddenly transitioning to the console / handheld hybrid. It would help to at least include the readers in your thinking process.

7.Nintendo's handheld will be the device developers will brand new games specifically for Nintendo which aren't ports or remasters. Nintendo's handheld have always been lucrative.

Now you're adressing the handheld like a seperate platform from the main console. There's no information out there that implies that there will be specific games for the handheld part of the NX. Also, past succeses don't guarantee success in the future.

8. Nintendo's new handheld will be beyond ps3 and xbox 360 of graphics. PS3 graphics weren't that particular impressive. 3ds was able to have ps3 level of graphics if developers paid more more money to the memory card in order to have more detail. Resident evil revelations was a good example to support my point. If I had to to a guess, it will exceed ps3 and xbox 360 level of graphics.

3DS looks way worse than 360. I watched that resident evil footage. It clearly looks worse.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moywar700 said:
    @71ranchero said:

I grant you that the 3DS is capable of some surprisingly impressive graphics when done right, but Resident Evil Revelations (itself designed for the 3DS) being ported to consoles and significantly upscaled doesn't really prove anything.

Your assertion is ignoring a great deal of very important factors: Resolution and texture detail to name just two.

Resident Evil 4 came out on PS3 too, but that doesn't mean a PS2 has PS3 quality graphics. It's just takes advantage of that consoles particular specs, and (in good cases) does what it can to make the most of it.

@moywar700 said:
    @71ranchero said:

Oh I see my mistake.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By moywar700

@onemanarmyy said:
    @moywar700 said:

Isn't the general consensus that this will be some console / handheld hybrid? Isn't most of the speculation ABOUT what's special about the NX? Since the product isn't announced yet, the official marketing cycle hasn't even started yet.

2. Nintendo NX will included remastered ports from third parties or games that will already be coming out for the PS4 or XBOX 1.

Citation needed

Same architect? John Johnson is fantastic.

NX= PS 4.5. Got it.

5. Nintendo will try again to gain third party support from game genres like Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Wow, COD and Battlefield are game genres now.

Citation needed. I also like how your first bullet point states that the NX is just another console, but now you're suddenly transitioning to the console / handheld hybrid. It would help to at least include the readers in your thinking process.

Now you're adressing the handheld like a seperate platform from the main console. There's no information out there that implies that there will be specific games for the handheld part of the NX. Also, past succeses don't guarantee success in the future.

3DS looks way worse than 360. I watched that resident evil footage. It clearly looks worse.

I don't have any citations to prove my points. There are just guesses.Speculation threads don't have proof for their claims.I can't quite frankly see how developers will make a game specifically for Nintendo because Wii U was a failure. They're just going to port ps4 xbox 1 games or remaster them just to play it safe.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bigsocrates  Online

Mario.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@bigsocrates: No, like his brother, only mean and with blue eyeliner.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#12 FinalDasa  Moderator

Nintendo NX will use the same architect for their Wii U

This doesn't have to be true at all. The Gamecube and Wii shared a Zelda title and the two have very little in common. Also current rumors point towards the NX having x86 architecture, which would be much more like the PS4 and Xbox One.

Nintendo has not yet proven their worth

Well the Wii U had a ton of 3rd party support at launch. Call of Duty, Mass Effect 3, and all of Ubisoft had games at launch. Then very slow sales followed for months and months. However the Wii was Nintendo proving their worth. Third parties made BANK off the one hundred million units the Wii sold.

Nintendo has been actively courting plenty of third party companies for years now. Namco, Koei, Sega, Platinum, and Atlus all make Nintendo games. The Wii U was a sales failure but I suspect the NX may be a better step forward.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the NX is going to be the Wii U 2 at the PS4/XB1 power level using x86 without backwards compatibility there will be no EA games at launch. Nintendo will port Splatoon & Mario Maker with added DLC, there will be a new Pikman and numbered Mario title at launch. The NX will have a long staggered launch between regions starting with Japan first also guessing it will play Nintendo's handheld / mobiles games but the NX won't be a portable game console.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.