Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

Glitch transmogrified my ship for free?

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I think some sequence of events just allowed me to change the look of my ship without costing me anything. I'm on PS4 by the way.

So the situation is I'm on some Gek mining planet farming Vortex cubes and I'm up to about 8 million and I'm still using the pre-order ship with 16 slots and I decide it's time to upgrade. I find one of those outposts with like 7 landing pads and just wait there as ships come and go, checking out the inventory space (and looks) of each one.

Various craft are in and out and nothing is catching my eye and finally one lands that has an interesting look and 25 inventory. Not as much space as I wanted but whatever, I'm ready to move on so I transfer my stuff and buy it for 2 million or something.

I jump in the new ship, take off and see a group of two or three more ships coming in for a landing and they look big so I immediately land again to check them out. One of them has 33 inventory and it was just out of my price range by 500k and I have immediate buyer's remorse upon seeing I could have gotten this much more inventory space.

In an effort to undo my purchase I revert to my previous save and when the game loads back up I have all my money back and my ship has the original 16 inventory slots of the preorder ship but it looks like the new ship I bought.

Has this been known to happen? Has it happened to you? Do you think it's repeatable?

I think I saved the video clip of this if anyone is interested enough I will upload it so we can see exactly what happened.

TViddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This happened with a crashed ship I found. I hopped in, transferred my stuff, fixed it up enough to take off then had second thoughts so I decided to load my previous save. Was pretty pumped that my ship changed looks to the crashed ship but with my old ships inventory and items.

However, when I started playing the next day it had changed back to the original ship I was flying.

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This happens on PC as well. Most of the time, you'll lose your new ship appearance if you restart the game or reboot the console.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

That hasn't happen to me. But I have seem really huge ships with only 16 slots. Typically the same ships landing at teh same pads dad 29 to 33 slot, but then a whole bunch started landing with just 16 slots in huge hulls. I was laughing a bit when I saw that.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I wish the glitches I ran into were more of this variety and less of the "game crashes every time you try to warp to the next system on the Atlas Path" variety.

This game deserves to be getting more flack for how buggy and unfinished it is at $60. I get that it's beyond massive and of course there's going to be some geometry clipping weirdness and the like, but this is a $60 game backed by Sony, and it fundamentally does not work at times.

That's not even getting into the fact that they forgot to put the game in their game.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vahleticar

Yeah same here, I restarted the whole game, I was so mad at all the bugs and crashes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.