Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

I met someone

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've been having fun playing no man's sky, despite its problems. I chip away at quests, has they work and am always getting bigger and better ships. last night I was doing missions for exocraft guy, getting colossus blueprint. He asks you to race to some ruin before time runs out. I wsn't paying to close attention so first time I went to wrong place not really aware there was time limit. Second time I'm driving and I see a ship land on ground near me, not at any building. This is completely rare cause NPC ships generally only land at trading posts and never randomly on ground. Cause of time limit though I don't stop, I get to ruin and and have to read through some dialog. Has I'm locked into dialog is see other player run up on my and start waving. When I'm done I get out and we point at each other for a few moments, I have no idea what he's trying to tell me if anything. I than go back to my base and he follows I turn in mission and run around base for a minute or two still no clue what he wants. He like me has rare ship, I tried clicking on his ship but nothing happened. I just continue on so I launch into space and pirates rolled up on me has I shoot them down I see my friend for last time/ I couldn't tell if he also saw pirate or not? I let the the ships stay alive longer than needed to see if he would shoot at it, but didn't seem so. I call in my freighter and land, this is much cooler than my base but guy doesn't follow. While there I sell off stuff and that's when I realize I have 20 cryogenic chambers, I don't know where they came from and its either has to be from my friend or from mission quest rewards. I think it came from my friend at some point though I don't know when. I sell 15 of the chambers for 60 million credits. In the end I did finally met random person, I have no idea how he found me other than I was near one of my bases when he did. I had no clue if he wanted something or what he was doing? I think I got cryogenic chambers from him but I don't know why/how/when or if he was just giving me stuff. It was interesting but very lacking in real interaction.

I still play and I still like game. Game's still broken, I can only play for like 2 hours at a time than have to restart cause everything starts slowing down and lagging. Best clear cut sign I've found that it is time to quit is when melee jump trick stops working. My universal domination moves forward ever slowly.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've heard about this else where. I've heard tell of a space trillionaire(s) roaming the stars giving people advice and rare items. Did you have your mic on? They might have been trying to give you advice or trying to point you to some advantageous location.

Darknorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Somebody joined my game while my wife was reading our kid a bedtime story. I think my mic was on but the TV was muted. The visitor stuck around until the end of the story and then left. Great multiplayer 10/10.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I did not have my mic on, cause why would I. I didn't hear dude talking either, I did pause what I was watching at same time and put small effort to communicate. I honestly didn't think of mic, didn't know if it actual worked. I completed anther quest and got decent reward but cryogenic chambers had to come from from him cause I got 4 stacks=20 total. Game never gives that big of reward. I'm now interests in making joining someone else game and trying to find someone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.