Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

Star colors

maniacjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By maniacjim

What do they mean? I've been to all of the colors I think (yellow,Red,Blue and Green).

But haven't really been able to see a reason why I need the upgraded hyper drive to go 20ly to a green star system, only to find the same things.

I read today that the red ones (sigma hyperdrive) may have Atlas stations in them if you use the search function while there. I can't confirm as I'm at work. But I've been to them and I'm sure I used the scan.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

mrroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think the way it works is that if your starting system had a red sun, you'll become extremely powerful when visiting yellow-sun planets.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yellow Stars/Class G

These are the default star systems you can travel to from the start of the game. Mostly basic resources can be be found on the planets present within them, and a lot of the planets are barren.

Red Stars/Class K

You need a warp reactor sigma upgrade to travel to these stars. Planets will have slightly rarer resources on them, and more planets will be habited with fauna and flora.

Green Stars/Class E

You need warp reactor tau upgrade to have the ability to travel to these systems. They contain even rarer resources and even more planets will be tropical/lush.

Blue Stars/Class B

You need a warp reactor theta upgrade to travel to these systems. Planets will have a chance of having even the rarest resources on them, and a higher chance of being lush with plentiful plant and animal life.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrroach said:

I think the way it works is that if your starting system had a red sun, you'll become extremely powerful when visiting yellow-sun planets.

No Caption Provided

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@cynagen said:

Yellow Stars/Class G

These are the default star systems you can travel to from the start of the game. Mostly basic resources can be be found on the planets present within them, and a lot of the planets are barren.

Red Stars/Class K

You need a warp reactor sigma upgrade to travel to these stars. Planets will have slightly rarer resources on them, and more planets will be habited with fauna and flora.

Green Stars/Class E

You need warp reactor tau upgrade to have the ability to travel to these systems. They contain even rarer resources and even more planets will be tropical/lush.

Blue Stars/Class B

You need a warp reactor theta upgrade to travel to these systems. Planets will have a chance of having even the rarest resources on them, and a higher chance of being lush with plentiful plant and animal life.

Now that would be awesome if 'lush planets', 'flora and fauna' and resources were far more rare then they are. I found my first 'Paradise Planet' and it didn't mean anything else then that it looked better then the barren ones.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By superfriend

Yeah, it seems like the starting/yellow suns have more 'barren' planets. The problem seems to be their definition of barren: There's a TON of stuff on pretty much every planet. Even the lifeless ones have outposts every few miles it seems.

They should have stuck to the initial plan/vision of having pretty much only barren worlds with almost nothing (except a few minerals and of course plutonium, since you need that). That way life and lush worlds would seem a lot more unique.

In fact, I hope for a mod on PC that changes the seed/Universe to reflect that.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Okay, so I built a Warp Reactor Theta in a slot adjacent to my hyperdrive. The galaxy map still says I need a Warp Reactor Theta, and won't let me warp to the blue star right next door.

What am I missing?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They should have stuck to the initial plan/vision of having pretty much only barren worlds with almost nothing (except a few minerals and of course plutonium, since you need that). That way life and lush worlds would seem a lot more unique.

In fact, I hope for a mod on PC that changes the seed/Universe to reflect that.

I agree that having 90% of planets suck would be much more exciting, would make finding the good ones a much better experience. But I don't think you can tweak that by a mod, the generation process seems very complicated so if you change anything the whole thing might get screwed, but who knows.

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By pickassoreborn

@bane said:

Okay, so I built a Warp Reactor Theta in a slot adjacent to my hyperdrive. The galaxy map still says I need a Warp Reactor Theta, and won't let me warp to the blue star right next door.

What am I missing?

Do you have all the other upgrades? Tau/Sigma?

Also maybe you might need to craft them into a block so the upgrade squares are touching each other? I know that putting like-minded upgrades together increases/enhances the upgrades.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrroach said:

I'd like it if that threw off your visual spectrum so what would be considered blue on these yellow sun worlds would look dark grey to you, yellow might look blue, and big patches of red would have all kinds of other colors highlighting things because you can see into what would normally be infrared.

And you'd be left wondering why people think you're dressed like a circus strongman rather than a serious explorer outfit with a slight militant overtones.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.