Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle is the second installment of Grasshopper Manufacture's surreal action series on the Nintendo Wii. Taking place three years after the original game's conclusion, the sequel streamlines many of that games features into a more tightly paced adventure.

No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle (Details)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Details have emerged for the sequel to No More Heroes, No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle

No Caption Provided

Three long years have passed since Travis Touchdown managed to slaughter his way to the tip top, to become the world's No.1 bad ass assassin. Santa Destroy has now become a sprawling city due to a few big companies making heavy investments in it.

Travis has dropped to a lowly No51 on the UAA ranking, reasons for this happening are unknown at present. Sylvia Christel suddenly reappears into Travis's life again as an organisation agent, while Bishop on the other hand finds himself in somewhat of a hole, due to several bitch arse bad guys.

TT's wrestling moves are back once again, along with some new dual-wielding beam-weapon action. Grasshopper is promising to provide a fun and much more varied and battle system.

There will also be a load of new crazy characters introduced in Desperate Struggle, one of which is a afro-wearing dude called Nathan Copeland, who is ranked 50th on the UAA ranking and is apparently a Travis fan also. He seems to have a ghetto blaster which transforms into his weapon of choice.

There's also a mysterious beam-weapon wielding school girl, who seems to be infatuated with Travis...

Grasshopper Manufacture's game is 50% complete now, and a new trailer will be shown on Famitsu.com on 30th May

EDIT:

•  Shinobu, from the original No More Heroes, will return as a playable character this time round. She moves faster and can jump about - but only playable at certain sections.
    •  Suda 51 hopes to have around 50 boss battles in the game. "we didn't just want you to be fighting them as the same character again and again. By allowing the player to use a different character we can change up the tempo and offer more surprises."

Please don't make me big...
    Please don't make me big...

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Endogene

Heh i though i've read somewhere that the game was close to being golden and that there will be a hands-off demo shown at E3. Anyway looking forward to seeing that trailer the day after tomorrow.

Jeane should indeed stay like that.

Dovey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dovey

Man need to get me ass in gear and finish the first one.

Lucidforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Lucidforest

Likewis

Dovey said:
    Man need to get me ass in gear and finish the first one.

Likewise!
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

@Endo

Well these details come via a translation of the recent Famitsu article, so I am inclined to believe it. 

It's good news, the longer they spend on it the better. I want a little more polish this time around. I don't think Suda needs to be making another political statement about the obsession with graphics in the industry and audience today.

There's no viable excuse for a bad framerate, which the outdoor sections had. That was my only complaint about the originals graphics. Everything else was born form firm design decisions.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Endogene
    @Linkyshinks: Could you resist?

No Caption Provided

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Endogene said:
    @Linkyshinks: Could you resist? [more]

Awww, I would love that game if they made it!

Desperate Struggle would be awesome if it had Wii-DS connectivity. You could DS download a Nintendogs style game where you could play around with Jeane and nothing else. It would be so easy to do. I think I might even email Grasshopper with the suggestion in the vain hope it happens :)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

New details:  

• Travis left Santa Destroy for 3 years, coming back to see how much the city has changed. A small partition of the original will be playable, but there'll be many new locations. 
    •  Travis will be wielding his dual blades (as seen in previous trailers). Suda had considered introducing other weapons, but decided against it. 
    •  Travis' motorcycle, the Schpeletiger is now twice as long with better controls. 
    •  The schoolgirl assassin, Kimmy, wants Travis all to herself. 
    •  Each fight ends with a 2D Travis walking across the screen to the Schpeletiger , accompanied by a retro chiptune. 
    •  Environments include - a "new school", "construction yard", and a graveyard, as well as many more locations. 
    •  Improve and new side jobs - including coconut collecting, plumbing. 
    •  Destroyman returns - as a cyborg. 
    •  2 new playable characters, boss fights with multiple bosses.    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.