Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Overwatch

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released May 23, 2016

A sci-fi multiplayer first-person shooter from Blizzard, in which players can choose from a wide range of Heroes with unique weapons and abilities. It was later discontinued in 2022 for the free-to-play sequel.

This did not end well...(6x Soldier 76)

Jared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jared

It did not end well at all, lol. I just joined a random group and some guy asked everyone to change to Solider 76 so screw it why not try it at least once. Even though we lost it was hilarious seeing a whole team of Soldier 76 players fighting through a map.

No Caption Provided

DrFlapjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've done the same thing, then was berated by the other team because we "didn't switch champions when what we were doing wasn't working". Haha, I'd rather have fun messing around. We've also tried 6 Meis and 6 Mercys.

Seinenfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have done this on offense twice, won twice. Same thing with Torb on defense. Not sure other "all hero" comps work, and most of the ones I've done that have were in Open Beta when nobody knew what was going on. They can be pretty hilarious though (seen so many that they don't do much for me any more, sadly. I will always love all Roadhog, though).

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By noboners

I've done five soldier 76s with one Reinhardt before on kings row and man we cleaned house. I've been on the receiving end of 6 bastions in turret mode on the same map though and that was just brutal. Everyone set up on the payload and followed it through. The only way we thought of combating it was as Hanzo and waiting for the ultimate to charge.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

we're all soldiers now.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Efesell  Online

Had a six man apocalypse with Roadhog once and it was really stupid but totally worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played an all D.Va game that ended up completely working. I love when this type of thing happens. Emergent.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheHT

I played an all D.Va game that ended up completely working. I love when this type of thing happens. Emergent.

it's always refreshing to enter a match and immediately see shenanigans on my team. let's me know right away they're probably not dead serious about the game and willing to have some good ol dumb fun.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're Soldier76, and I'm Soldier76 too. You will carry on his legacy, his meme.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never lost with nor have I ever beaten an all Soldier: 76 team. Dunno what that says about me as a player tbh. It can be pretty unstoppable, I find.

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By UnInvincible

My group of friends and I are undefeated defending as a team of 5 Torbys and 1 Lucio. And then when the other team is on defense and tries to do the same thing, we all play Pharah and roll over them.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I just played a game where we did 5 Torbs and 1 Mei. We were snow white the and 5 dwarves.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uninvincible: @trilogy: And I just had my first 5 Toblerone 1 Genji (was 6 but one switched, so I just called him Robo Gandalf) defense and it was stupid hilarious. The last thing I saw before we won were 5 laser sights going into the air, past the window I was at, and then seeing the scrap icon fall from the sky. Poor Pharah.

I love single-character matches, but it's very rare for everyone to stick with it through the whole thing.

xerseslives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazybagman: I've been on the other side of this and it is terrifying. She never stops asking you to nerf it.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I think if you have a really good set of players on the team, 6 s76 is actually a legitimate comp. He doesn't really have any obvious weaknesses and can handle just about anyone in the cast if you play it right. And the sustain from E is not insignificant.

I suppose you'd be shut down by strong widow play. Not much else though.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I've never lost when playing 6 of the same character. 6 RoadHog, 6 Bastion and 6 Winston, all flawless victories. Did beat a 6 Widowmaker team once though.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

So in the Weekly Brawl right now you get a random hero to start with and another random hero each time you die. I'm guessing that, because of how the game works, you can still pick a character before the start of the game, it just won't give it to you and instead give you someone random.

Because I'm a guy that likes to have fun I try to pick whatever character someone else picks in an attempt to make everyone in the team pick the same character. I mean, it doesn't matter anyway right? So it's kind of fun to acknowledge that.

That's what made it extra hilarious how me and my friend managed to get everyone to pick Mercy, only to have 4 of us actually end up as Mercy, with 1 D.VA and 1 Reaper. It went surprisingly well, with all the healing and reviving going around, and the opposing team not able to counterpick because of the mode. 3 out of 4 Mercy's died permanently by the end including me, but we won it.

pickledscoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Weekly Brawl everyone on my team picked Mcree, and then it didnt change any of us. 6 Mcrees running around is pretty hilarious. Not very effective though. :)

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By MocBucket62

I was making these joke comments on the stream when nearly everyone except for Vinny (Reinhardt) was a Soldier 76, but a team that is all 76's should nickname themselves the Philadelphia 76ers. Funny hearing how that played out though.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

I played a game where everyone was Torbjorn on Route 66. The enemy team only touched the payload a few times. There are so many mean angles in those train cars for turrets. It must have been the most obnoxious thing. I felt kinda bad, but it was a lot of stupid fun.

During the Weekly Brawl the game rolled us three Mercy's on the Russian map. It didn't go very well, but there was a lot of healing going on, haha.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was playing a random-hero match the other day where 4/6 of us picked Mercy, expecting to be changed after we loaded in, and we ended up not being switched, so we fought slowly across the map with four Mercy's in tow and ended up winning the fucking game. It was the best Overwatch experience I have ever had

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jacksukeru: wait a second..... We were in the same fucking game

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#25  Edited By jacksukeru

@secondpersonshooter: Was this on the EU servers on the Numbani Map? Yet somehow this coincidence is less surprising to me than 4 of us getting Mercy in that game.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a match against 6x Torbjorn on Volskaya and we got shutdown on the 2nd objective. With the right coverage it's almost impossible unless you can co-ordinate with your team ( ha-ha public match).

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Twiggy199

A bunch of us off the forums played the other night we decided to go 6x Mei, which coincidentally paired is up with a 6x Junkrat team, it was mayhem, so for round 2 we went with a full junk rat team, it was absolute chaos, but halirious!.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was in a game a little earlier where I picked Pharah and then the rest of the team thought it would be fun as well. Most of us switched up as the game progressed, but it was pretty funny nuking the whole enemy team the first couple of times they ran in.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Double healer Reinhardt with 3 soldiers is actually a legit crazy comp at the upper levels of play. If all 3 of the soldiers have really solid aim it's extremely hard to counter, there's just too much pure numbers being output (damage, healing).

sergeantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazybagman: I might have been in that game with you. I believe the other team said that this is what the path to hell looks like. We did a few more 1 character comps. The only one I remember that had no success whatsoever was zenyatta. Bug on a windshield.

redzavod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see comps like all these happen if this game goes to eSports, would be great to see a 6 soldier76 team stomping a try-hard team

mrasshat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just did a 6 zarya team, we just ran the enemy over for five matches, the constant barriers made us damn near unkillable and the barrage of her secondary fire decimated everything in our path, fun times.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This happened in a random pvp game, we stomped, it's a very powerful comp but I would have felt a bit dirty if I planned it. But because we just sort of did it with no communication it felt kinda cool

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.