Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX Prime 2014

Concept »

The eleventh PAX Prime took place August 29-September 1, 2014 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington.

It's PAX Prime And We've Got Something For Everyone!

• 174 results
    Avatar image for arrested_developer
    Arrested_Developer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Shit, I don't think GB are in one of the streaming rooms. Twitch only shows the main stage and Hedgehog as streaming, no Sasquatch -_-

siln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just signed up due to the promotion. I think I would pay the money I saved just to get a copy of the audio that plays when your subscription goes through.

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@stimpack said:

Very disappointing to hear that the sale price is only for new members. Always hate when companies decide to ignore the loyalty of their fans while giving benefits to newcomers.

I'm more disappointed that this was one of the "special surprises" they teased for those not going to PAX. "Surprise! You get to give us more money, BUT at a discount.... Oh, and it's only for new members..." Wait, what?! Sales like these also make me a little concerned. Didn't they have a sale a short time before getting bought by CBSi? I'm also disappointed because I've only just started subscribing a few months back, after following the site almost from the beginning :( I always seem to have the worst luck.

BTStreleckis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@siln: In the same boat. Very cool for my benefit, and my goodness that confirmation...
    If I was to go to more video game-centric conventions/shows, that new shirt would be right up my alley.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie It feels a bit odd that current members (who have likely already bought t-shirts with past memberships) can't re-up for $35.

Plenty of us would tack on another year right now if that was an option.

NDN_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did people RSVP for the Premium Party? Was there a thread on the forums? This is the first time I heard about this and feel pretty left out.

Avatar image for superfunhappygun
    superfunhappygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sucks that existing subscribers are left out of the resub party. Especially European subscribers who consider the forced 15 dollar store coupon useless anyway since the shipping costs negate any discount. Oh well, I had already cancelled my subscription. Runs out in September. After reading this marketing ploy (one I would've never expected Giant Bomb to stoop to, might I add) I'm happy I ended it too.

posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

mmzOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When my subscription ran out yesterday I thought that this is perfect, now I don't have to get that discount for a 110+ $ shirt. I guess there's always a next time. At least this gives me a backlog so I have something to watch in the future.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully I can get my premium set up soon. Really stoked to watch metal gear scanlion

Avatar image for superfunhappygun
    superfunhappygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadud: Then maybe you need to read a little better.

I didn't diss the website, I dissed this tactic. And they're no longer Whiskey Media, they no longer need subscribers to survive because they are now owned by a major media corporation. Heck, even if they weren't a part of CBS, it's a wildly stupid thing to say because I imagine that extending the discount to all existing subscribers would've boosted sales further.

There's something to be said about calling someone else a tool and coming across as one yourself, but I'll keep the personal insults to a minimum. I still think of Giant Bomb as a very positive community overall.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dadud said:

@spraynardtatum: Tis' the internet, and i see enough of this crap already elsewhere. unless your opinion betters the site, keep it to yourself.

Yes sir, thank you sir.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icyeyes said:
    @stimpack said:

Very disappointing to hear that the sale price is only for new members. Always hate when companies decide to ignore the loyalty of their fans while giving benefits to newcomers.

I'm more disappointed that this was one of the "special surprises" they teased for those not going to PAX. "Surprise! You get to give us more money, BUT at a discount.... Oh, and it's only for new members..." Wait, what?! Sales like these also make me a little concerned. Didn't they have a sale a short time before getting bought by CBSi? I'm also disappointed because I've only just started subscribing a few months back, after following the site almost from the beginning :( I always seem to have the worst luck.

They always have multiple sales a year.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadud: Then maybe you need to read a little better.

I didn't diss the website, I dissed this tactic. And they're no longer Whiskey Media, they no longer need subscribers to survive because they are now owned by a major media corporation. Heck, even if they weren't a part of CBS, it's a wildly stupid thing to say because I imagine that extending the discount to all existing subscribers would've boosted sales further.

There's something to be said about calling someone else a tool and coming across as one yourself, but I'll keep the personal insults to a minimum. I still think of Giant Bomb as a very positive community overall.

Even if they're part of CBSi, they still need to make money. If they don't make money, the site dies. That's how a business works. As we all know, the traditional ad model is dying and GB has a huge advantage because they have a product people are willing to subscribe to. So yeah, subscriptions is probably what keeps the site running. CBSi isn't running a charity, as seen with GS the last few weeks.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'm disappointed that the sale is only for new members but nope, you're wrong on that one. That's not how this works. Websites owned by corporations are expected to make a certain amount of money and subscriptions are a large part of how Giant Bomb makes its money. If Giant Bomb took away the premium feature thereby taking away one of its lucrative business avenues, CBS wouldn't have much incentive to keep the site up and running.

Obsurveyor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To everyone complaining: They had a $35 sale for existing members just 3 months ago.

curious_george

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By curious_george

What I don't get is why monthly premiums can't upgrade to yearly accounts for the discounted price (surely the point of this is to increase their annual subscriber base?). I just grabbed a monthly premium account a few months ago to watch some specific premium content. I would definitely upgrade at the discounted price, however. As it is, I'll probably just cancel my monthly and wait for the next deal.

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

To only new members? How lame.

And the one three months ago was first come first serve on limited numbers I believe. Sold out before I even heard about it.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#173  Edited By killroycantkill

I'd just thought I'd ask in here but I just signed up for the premium membership for the PAX deal. Does it just take a little bit to kick in because I noticed I can't watch the MGS vids yet. Like literally signed up a minute ago so I might be a little impatient lol.

Edit: Never mind it kicked in.

Rattface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Rattface

@killroycantkill: I was wondering the same thing...however I upgraded last night and it still hasn't "kicked in" Did something perhaps go awry? No rush, I just thought it was a great way to support the site I've got so much enjoyment out of and wanted to see some of the extra stuff...I can wait :-)

Weird...I refreshed the page before I posted this and it still wasn't there...posted, refreshed and now it is...spooky. What I'm really saying is Dan is looking in my window right now, but if I don't look back everything will be okay...

olhadossight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathfromace: I've had to go from M to L, plus the American apparel shirts shrink like crazy so I'd recommend going one size up.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I took the opportunity this weekend to return to golden membership, which pleases me greatly!

Hardtarget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

well shoot, current members can't resub at the sale price? downer :(

Awesome_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I joined. Lucky timing with the sale. Looking forward to listening to Alt F1, once I catch up with the most recent race.

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the awesome sale!

hrishi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it over? :(

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 4

that new shirt design is super duper awesome

nickystixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#183  Edited By nickystixx

Is sale over? I just got my paycheck. Bummer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.