Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Hidden Gems on Steam

• 67 results
    ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@thunderslash said:

I'd like to recommend Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. It's Deus Ex if it was based around modern day vampires developed by some ex Black Isle folks.

you know i have been interested in playing this for years, how does it run on a modern pc? I have windows 10 and it seems like there is some issue for some, then again it's like 5 bux on steam so maybe i'll just try it anyway.

You'll have to install a fanpatch that makes it compatible with modern systems. That will also fix most lingering bugs with the game. Last time I checked, running the game out of the box doesn't work any more due to some memory constraints that they didn't account for back in the early 2000s.

Grab the patch here. Installing it should be straighforward enough: Have the game installed and run the patch executable.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@ravelle said:

Also a Binary Domain vote from me. It got very little buzz for some reason but it's a super fun third person shooter with some great characters and fantastic ending. I played it right after Mass Effect 3 and was more excited about that game's ending part.

Every Steam sale thread should have a Binary Domain recommendation in it.

Also the Bionic Commando reboot as discussed on the recent Bombcast is pretty dope.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

God, Binary Domain is so freakin' good.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Killer Is Dead oozes style and little under $4 on the sale, it is worthwhile grab despite it's shortcomings.

Also, vote for Binary Domain.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cradle - There's a quick look up on the site about it.

Age of Decadence - If your into old-school rpgs this might be worth a look.

The Fall - Quick look of it on the site.

To the Moon/ A Bird Story - Neat little narrative games.

Metro 2033 or Last Light - I feel like these don't get enough love.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way of the Samurai 4 is 50% off.

For those unfamiliar, think of a historical Deadly Premonition and you're half way there.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By MikeLemmer
    Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Besiege is an early access game that first became available in january or something this year, there was maybe 10 levels in it at that time which you could complete in minutes and yet I spent something like 16 hours with it.

It appears to have been updated quite a bit during the year but I'm not sure exactly how many levels there are right now.

Very fun to play around with if you're into those kinds of games, and the art style is best in class of 2015 in my opinion.

Avatar image for gendergenerator
    gendergenerator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Pizza Express is a fun game. You run your own pizza place and serve up pizzas. Has a story and some good music to. It's only 3.49 right now.

I also second Tiny & Big because i don't see enough people talking about that game. It's a fun short game.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Emily is Away, though it's gained a lot of traction. Like 17,000 reviews and Very Positive rating traction..

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can get to Good Old Games within the next nine hours, the old Fallout games are about $2.75 USD each and come with the first two Elder Scrolls games for free.

Besides that, there's a fun little open world turn based strategy RPG on Steam called Battle Brothers. It's pretty good right now, but in February they'll be releasing a massive patch that will drastically increase the scope of the game to make it more like Mount and Blade.

Oh, get Mount and Blade Warband if you have not played it!!

Satellite Reign is a good time if you are into the old Syndicate games. It's a very interesting, very beautiful cyberpunk world with lots of corporate espionage and neon colors.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@triplestan said:

Mount & Blade: Warband is $3.50 on Steam right now. I have put more than 500 hours into it.

You should buy Mount & Blade: Warband.

^^^^

I weirdly prefer the original version of the game's combat mechanics, but literally every other aspect is improved in Warband.

Yeah, it's the camera for me. In the original you could aim, hold that position, and freely rotate the camera to line up and get a good look at the attack. It made the combat feel so much more precise, and pulling off stuff like horse-jumping attacks was especially satisfying.

Still! They're both great games and worth checking out. Can't wait for Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord. Looks like they put up a new devblog a week ago. Seasons!

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Way of the Samurai 4 is 50% off.

For those unfamiliar, think of a historical Deadly Premonition and you're half way there.

I really liked WotS 1 and 3 (never played 2), and haven't played 4 yet. I remember hearing that it was way more silly and campy than even the prior games, which didn't really excite me. Is it OK?

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudymusic: It's years since I played the first three games so can't really say if 4 is sillier and camper, although that's a big part of the reason I like it. It's hardly for the gameplay. ;)

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dave_tacitus: No worries, I was just curious whether stuff on this level of absurdity was a constant throughout the entire game, or if it was just sprinkled here and there. It sounds like most of what I like about the series (branching paths, etc) is still there, so I'll probably pick it up. ($12.50 is a price point that's pretty hard to be disappointed with, in any case.)

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

@cloudymusic: Heh, nothing I've seen so far is quite as on the nose as that but I'll admit to laughing out loud when I first saw it, whether it's a dopey translation or whatever.

I'm only 5 hours in and already have seen a number of branches closed off through my decisions, which definitely intrigue me to have another playthrough.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you like old skool isometric RPGs? Do yourself a favor and play UnderRail

Tons of content, intricate systems, challenging combat, cool loot, and deep character options. I really love this game. If you're a grumpy gus like me who thinks there hasn't been a good Fallout since the 90s, you'll probably like it too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.