Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Need feedback on this system - E8400, 4GB RAM, 9800GTX+...

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
    deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I am going in for a new system and have got these specs ready. If you could provide feedback, that would be great, since I want to ensure the system turns out to be something good for recent video games running at fairly good settings. Any things that I should consider changing that would make too much of a difference to the price but will increase performance? Is the 580W PSU enough do you think?

CPU: Intel CoreDuo E8400 (Thermaltake Golden Orb II cooler)
    Motherboard: Asus P5N-D (nForce 750i chipset, SLI)
    Memory: 4.0GB Corsair DDR2 800mhz XMS2 (2x 2GB)
    Hard drive: 500GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s
    Optical drive:20x DVD±RW DL S-ATA Lightscribe
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX+ 512MB
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit (best for 4 GB+ memory)
    PSU: 580W Hiper Type-M Silent
    Case: Antec Nine Hundred (stock image below)
    No Caption Provided

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By StressedOutCat

Are you going to buy all those parts, or do you already have some/all of the parts on that list ?
    If you haven't bought the parts yet, then please let us know your budget.

The list is okay, I would pick some different parts than you have had.
    This depends on what I mentioned earlier, if you already own some of the stuff on the list and its dumb to go buy something ells now.

The PSU is okay if you keep the system the way it is and do not upgrade. ( wouldn't suggest SLI )
    Personally I would suggest something like 620W or above.

Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Rio

I would also suggest a 600w+   psu  for stability and future upgrades.  I would suggest going with a Corsair psu.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Black_Raven

Your psu is fine for your specs but like everyone else I would recommended getting at least 600w for future upgrades, especially since you have a mobo that supports SLI. Also try and get a psu with a single 12V rail. I know Corsair psu's have that disign.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.