Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

old pc games???

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Thrawn1

I've recently started playing older pc games (by older, I mean a lot older. like kotor age. in terms of gaming years, kotor is a pretty old game.) and I need some suggestions.

what i've just finished playing:

jedi kinght: jedi academy (and outcast)
    system shock
    the dues ex games

so basically, stuff like that. any suggestions?

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Yit

Grim Fandango.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fallout 1 & 2, maybe thats a little too old ? Still great games tho.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By roushimsx
    • Blood along with Cryptic Passage. Plasma Pak is great as well, but Cryptic Passage is where the real money is.
    • If you liked Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, you may as well play Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith. I'm not too crazy for the lightsaber combat in the series and the last battle of Jedi Knight in particular can eat my bum, but there's still plenty of incredibly awesome, memorable moments throught.
    • Crusader: No Remorse and Crusader: No Regret kick ass once you come to grips with the control scheme.
    • Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri is every bit as excellent as it's ever been. Dirt cheap on eBay, especially considering how much it tanked at retail.
    • Battlezone is still a lot of fun. Not sure if Uprising 1 and 2 hold up as well...gotta remember to keep my eyes peeled for them on eBay and snap 'em up cheap.
    • If you enjoy adventure games in the slightest then you need to play Under a Killing Moon and Pandora Directive. Shit, earmark Realms of the Haunting as well. Pandora Directive will cost you the most, probably ($20-$30), but it's well worth it. Reams of the Haunting isn't worth playing unless you have the original CDs and while Under a Killing Moon may be a bit cheesy w/ the costumes and acting, it's still a hell of a lot of fun and damned funny.
    • Twinsen's Adventure and Twinsen's Odyssey are absolute must-plays. Hopefully the third will be made/released one day...
    Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

by older, I mean a lot older. like kotor age

lol :P
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thrawn1
    Bellum said:
    "
    by older, I mean a lot older. like kotor age

lol :P"
    yeah, i know 2003 isn't that old, but in pc years, that's like a whole generation of games.
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Absurd
    Yit said:
    "Grim Fandango."
    This , And if you're into Point-and-Click adventure games, Play the Monkey Island series. But First Grim Fandango, Its a MUST play.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thrawn1
    roushimsx said:
    "
    • Blood along with Cryptic Passage. Plasma Pak is great as well, but Cryptic Passage is where the real money is.
    • If you liked Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, you may as well play Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith. I'm not too crazy for the lightsaber combat in the series and the last battle of Jedi Knight in particular can eat my bum, but there's still plenty of incredibly awesome, memorable moments throught.
    • Crusader: No Remorse and Crusader: No Regret kick ass once you come to grips with the control scheme.
    • Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri is every bit as excellent as it's ever been. Dirt cheap on eBay, especially considering how much it tanked at retail.
    • Battlezone is still a lot of fun. Not sure if Uprising 1 and 2 hold up as well...gotta remember to keep my eyes peeled for them on eBay and snap 'em up cheap.
    • If you enjoy adventure games in the slightest then you need to play Under a Killing Moon and Pandora Directive. Shit, earmark Realms of the Haunting as well. Pandora Directive will cost you the most, probably ($20-$30), but it's well worth it. Reams of the Haunting isn't worth playing unless you have the original CDs and while Under a Killing Moon may be a bit cheesy w/ the costumes and acting, it's still a hell of a lot of fun and damned funny.
    • Twinsen's Adventure and Twinsen's Odyssey are absolute must-plays. Hopefully the third will be made/released one day...
    "
    thanks for the lengthy reply. which one would you suggest going for first?
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By kush

Baldur's Gate 1/2, Fallout 1/2, TES: Morrowind ...I could go on and on, though I'm glad to see you have Deus Ex on your list...that game is amazing!

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By roushimsx
    Thrawn said:
    "thanks for the lengthy reply. which one would you suggest going for first?"
    Depends on what you can find cheap. Terra Nova is pretty easy pickings and a quick check for Under a Killing Moon and Realms of the Haunting turned up lots of sub-$20 (shipped) auctions. As long as your PC can handle the DOSbox lovings then you'll be golden.

Twinsen's Adventure is magically delicious (avoid the PS1 release!); it was reverse engineered and a Windows version was developed by fans, so it should play without a problem. Twinsen's Odyssey will try to install DirectX ....3...I think.... but you can deny it and play it just fine. Not sure about the prices on those, but Twinsen's Adventure at least was rereleased two or three times. Fucking excellent music.
    Suby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Suby

Civilization II.   Or III.

Kaneswrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kaneswrath

Command and Conquer

Command and   Conquer: Red Alert

is now free

u can go to www.commandandconquer.com to see how to download them

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By atejas

Thief sounds right up your alley.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By weltal

A couple of ideas.
    Action:

Strategy:
    Adventure:
    RPG:
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Tordah

Age Of Empires 2 & The Conquerors expansion! One of my favorite RTS-games ever.

Serious Sam First & Second Encounter. Excellent no-brains shooters with hordes of monsters constantly on screen.

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Teh_Eel

Red Alert2, been playing that recently, worth picking up command and conquer The First Decade, all the old (and good) command and conquers in it, before c&c went all shit.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Death_Burnout

Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief Thief....Did i say Thief? Oh yeah...Thief!!!

Seriously If you havent already, Theif 1 and 2 are your pals.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Chummy8

I just got a collection of 24 point-and-click adventures.  All using the SCUMM system.  Fantastic! I'm like oozing enjoyment right now as I'm half way through Full Throttle.

Oh and if you're looking for older games, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Fallout 1-2, Thief, Deus Ex...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.