Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

What combination of keyboard and mouse type do you use?

• 55 results
    uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What combination of keyboard and mouse type do you use? (209 votes)

Regular keyboard and regular mouse 17%
    Regular keyboard and Gaming mouse 27%
    Gaming keyboard and regular mouse 2%
    Gaming keyboard and Gaming mouse 51%
    I only play consoles (show me the answers) 3%

I had a mechanical keyboard a few years ago and it failed spectacularly about a year in. Multiple keys stopped registering, the letters started rubbing off and it was so damn loud! Spent $100+ on the thing! What a waste. I had been fetishizing gaming keyboards for about a decade before that; the allure of LEDs, USB ports, programmable keys, volume and play controls in just the right spot... Well that was probably the last gaming keyboard I'll buy. I just like the feel of regular ass $10-20 ones you find wherever.

I do like a gaming mouse though because they way you jam on a mouse button feels unhealthy on a regular mouse, though I don't think I've ever broke one. I like a middle of the road logitech one with the thumb indent on the side. Mouse weights, though, amirite. I wish I had something to do with all these extra mouse weights. Yunno how there's some guy who collects vhs copies of Jerry Maguire, and some other guy who collects Speed vhs tapes, I should be that guy but for mouse weights and have like 20,000 lbs of mouse weights.

• 
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Is a Logitech MX518 a "gaming mouse?"

I've been using the same eMachines (is that even a brand that exists anymore?) keyboard for the last 15 years.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and a Logtiech Performance MX

I type more than I play PC games, so using anything other than an ergonomic keyboard for long periods would be joint suicide for me. The mouse was free, so can't complain. If I were to upgrade I'd get something with a trackball, or maybe a vertical mouse.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous said:

Is a Logitech MX518 a "gaming mouse?"

I've been using the same eMachines (is that even a brand that exists anymore?) keyboard for the last 15 years.

Yeah, that's a gaming mouse. Restrained. But still a gaming mouse. I've had two pretty similar to that.

A quick google makes it look like emachines only offering support at this point, so I don't think you can get an emachine anymore.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ripelivejam

where's the option for razer hydra?

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By GundamGuru

@uhtaree: If you ever do decide to look into gaming keyboards again, I suggest you get something with Cherry MX Black or Red switches since you complained about how loud they are. If you get something with brand name switches (rather than some off brand), then you're more likely to get a quality product that doesn't fall apart like that. Newegg's house-brand Rosewill had a good affordable keyboard line available in most types of MX switch. I used the MX Blue version for years.

As for me, I use a nearly ten year old Razer Deathadder that's on it's last legs and an enormous, gaudy Blackwidow Ultimate that a well-meaning family member gave me last year for Christmas.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Giantstalker

Gaming keyboard and mouse (Corsair K70 LUX RGB, brand new, and a 3-year-old M60 mouse from the same company)

Got a couple useful macro/lighting profiles for the keyboard now and I'd never go back to a regular setup, the stuff is actually pretty handy

The mouse has an aluminum base under plastic chassis, which is kinda weighty but I absolutely love it for precise aiming and tank turret traverse. There's nothing quite like it

Love em both, it's easy to diss the branding but when you spend 3-6hrs a day playing after work the kind of amenities offered by a "gaming" peripheral really make sense

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.