Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Who did you romance?

• 182 results
    matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Pretty much what the thread says.

Who did you end up making your waifu in the end? I was eager to romance Futaba ever since I saw a piece of concept art of her in like 2014. She's the dream. Glasses, red hair, super high socks and boots, the whole deal. It helped that her S link was super charming too.

If I did it again, I'd likely pick Makoto. She was super adorable. I've heard a lot of people online say Kawakami is the best, but I didn't see it. It felt a bit hypocritical that Kamoshida was sexually assaulting his students, but you could date his equivalent in the other sex. Japan, I guess!

So who did you pick gang?

No Caption Provided

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By Danteveli

Kawakami

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Kawakami yo.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By odinsmana

Kawakami all the way. Partly because she was the first confidant I maxed and partly because it was really funny, but I also liked her arc a lot.

If I go through the game again I will definitely go for the romance with Hifumi (the Shogi player). In the end she was probably my favorite female confidant in the game.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I thought I could romance everyone so I did Ann because she was the first I hit that point with, now I'm not sure if I'm locked out of the other options.

Because if I had my choice it would have been Dr. Tae

Or Makoto

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
    deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Takemi. I love her "don't give a fuck" attitude and her fashion style.

Kawakami was a close second but I was already set on dating doc when I got to her.

The girls in the team:

• I like Ann the most. Her innocent bubbly personality and her determination to get stronger is really charming
    • Makoto, while she's the most sane person in the group, I always thought that she's a little too boring
    • Futaba felt like a little sister to me (she's physically small and she hides behind you in certain situations), so romancing her felt wrong
    • and Noir, I don't really know anything about her (can't even remember her real name from the top of my head)

I only romanced one girl in P4 (Naoto, of course) and I wanted to do so in P5. So, Dr. Takemi is the winner for me.

vizard1301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makoto,She reminds me of someone very special to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't gotten to rank 9 with her quite yet, but I'm going with Futaba as well. She's very cute, and honestly kind of reminds me of how I used to act a bit. Back before I started to lose weight, I was kind of a loser nerd who stayed up all day playing video games in my room, and I never had much social interaction, and the interactions I DID have I was kind of shy in. So I guess I can kind of totally connect with her a bit.

I also kind of fail to see the appeal in Kawakami. I've never really been a fan of huge age gaps in romance, plus her voice actress is kind of meh to me. I wonder if people who do tend to romance her play the game with Japanese audio.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Blackout62

I went with Ann because I like her personality and she reminds me a lot of the coolest girl I knew in high school (well no, I should say she was much smarter than Ann but still, mixed race, bilingual, well-traveled, and family in the fashion industry).

Though now that I'm later in the game I'm drawn to trope of a dashing thief stealing a damsel out of a loveless engagement that comes with romancing Haru. Ooh, or maybe the social link ends in a reference to The Graduate.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I went with Makoto but I'm curious how the age gap is handled with the adults so I might go with one of those in new game plus. Takemi is really cool but I also really like Ohya.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
    deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Futaba. The competition was nonexistent.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ended up romancing Kawakami first, and since I wanted to stay faithful I couldn't romance Futaba and Makoto who I also liked.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've not played it yet but does this game actually have romance? Or is it like P3 and P4 that you become close friends and maybe the girl "spends the night" at social link 10 but is never referred to as a girlfriend and you never se as much as a kiss?

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Redhotchilimist
    Who do you think?
    Who do you think?

Having said that, while Ann is hot and nice, her confidant wasn't the most engaging for me. Shopping and modeling? Not the most exciting thing in the world for me, personally. I like Futaba and Makoto's personalities better, and it's not like they're bad lookers either, so I regret going for Ann just a little bit. We'll see on a second playthrough. I'm determined to roleplay Lupin III at some point and just date everyone.

@dagas: It's not like Mass Effect Andromeda, only the sex scene is a straight up anime cutscene of people fucking with their bits off-camera instead of 3d models. I got a kiss, of the kind where you keep one 3d model's head in front of the other so you don't actually have to manouver them properly. I liked it, it's better than the hugging business in 4. But it's not like the story reflects it, either. There have been a couple of points where I'm hanging out with Ann and they talk about boyfriends or something and I'm just standing there with my arms crossed mentally. You do have a boyfriend. It's me. On the other hand, even at MAX link you can take them on dates to different places and get decorations for your room and specific scenes from it. They also seem to have written the scenes so any of the party members is potentially your girlfriend. They rely on you a lot, and get quite a few different scenes with you just in the main story. Ann gets all the sexy scenes. Makoto gets girlfriend-like scenes. You practically adopt Futaba.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makoto she is the most likeable. Closely followed by Futaba, she has some of the funniest moments, I just can't get over how she sits lol.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Futaba is best girl. Although all of the girls besides Noir are pretty great. Then again I haven't even started Noir's SL so maybe I shouldn't be so harsh. She just comes so late and I probably won't have time to finish her SL anyways, so I've kind of given up on her getting much better. Will probably go for Makoto or Ann on NG+ and maybe an ALL GIRLS run some day. I'll feel bad about betraying Futaba though who might be my favorite Persona girl in general.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By veektarius

Makoto. If I do an NG+ I'd probably pick Takemi.

Makoto really won my attention through her dungeon where she went from princess knocked off her perch to a woman determined to take on any obstacle, confident in her own abilities. I became a little less happy with that choice when that aspect of her faded into the background immediately thereafter. In her s-link conversations, she was just as naive and uncertain as she had been leading up to the palace.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShadyPingu

Makoto. The moment she hopped onto that motorcycle, I knew we were meant to be.

Futaba feels like a little sis type so it never felt right, though she was absolutely my favorite confidant.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makoto because she's best girl. In NG+ if I don't go the route of romancing everyone i will pick Hifumi

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By vasta_narada

@dagas said:

I've not played it yet but does this game actually have romance? Or is it like P3 and P4 that you become close friends and maybe the girl "spends the night" at social link 10 but is never referred to as a girlfriend and you never se as much as a kiss?

Can't speak for the other girls but for the objective best girl's case Takemi's romance scene ends on her going in for the kiss after stating that she was going to be keeping you up all night in your room.

On NG+ I'll be going for Makoto since she's my favorite girl otherwise. The shogi player was also great. If they were girls I knew in real life, I'd go for them before Takemi, but hey--when you get the chance to go for goth/emo, shady doctor in animeland, you go for it.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you romance the cat?

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MezZa

I picked Makoto. She's the type of girl I'd date in real life, so it made the choice pretty easy. I was considering Futaba, but she ends up feeling more like a little sister given her age and connection to another character. I almost went with Anne after the first few months, but boy does her confidant go nowhere interesting. I understand what she learned from it as a person, but modeling rivalry just wasn't a very interesting vessel for the message.

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Takemi in the end. I mean, she a goth doctor that happens to be a bio chemistry genius.

Futaba has the best personality and look ,but they made her too young and she depended on the protagonist waaaaay too much, felt wrong....The extreme height difference did not help. Makoto was simply the coolest in phantom thief form and had the best persona.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makoto's juxtaposition between her goody two shoes, pristine life as a student council president and her hardcore persona appearance with her biker ninja gear, motorcycle, and brass knuckles made her the most interesting to me.

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makoto is best girl.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to see most peole are on the right side of justice (priestess I should say) and choosing Makoto. Only in August right now but she seems to be the only girl in the game that doesn't need you to fix all her problems because she's a strong woman who dont need no man.

Also the other strong pull for futaba on this thread is confusing to me because I find her to be the literal worst.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like every Persona game, I will romance and kiss all of them if possible.....and then never call them again because there is no time to waste

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Redhotchilimist

@xanadu: Whatever man, Makoto's confidant is Teaching A Robot To Love. You play her boyfriend for half of that arc.

Futaba is a shut-in nerd with social anxiety who spends all her time on the internet, and also she's a cute girl. Of course she's popular on a video game forum.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of them if I can but my favorites are Ann, Kawakami, Takemi, and Futaba.

Ann is incredible looking and her personality is bubbly and cute, Kawakmi's social link is interesting and I'm a sucker for a particular way she dresses, Takemi's attitude is awesome and for fucks sake SHE'S A PUNK ROCK DOCTOR, and Futaba is just straight up the most interesting character in the game for me and I really identify with her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honorable mention: Akechi

That guy is dreamy as fuck.

madnesshero88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By madnesshero88

Tae is Bae

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Futaba would be all together too much like me in reality but my favorite in this game at least.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makoto is the best girl. repressed girls are hot.

Futaba is too kiddy and I get more of a little sister vibe from her so that would be really weird.

Ann is cool but she reminds me of a good friend i had in high school who i had a crush on but would never ever date so shes out

I just got the rich girl and she seems super meh

Don't really have an interest in the side characters for dating on my first playthrough.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also went with best girl Makoto. The way she follows you around towards the beginning of the game was cute as fuck. If I had to go with another I might say Haru. She's sweet and seeing how heartbroken she was when you turn her down really bummed me out.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Japanese have weird double standards...

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I could have gone for Akechi you better believe I would have. But since I couldn't get the "justice" man, I went for the "justice" girl/best girl Makoto. She's the most fleshed out character in your party, her personality is complex and interesting to me. She can be cute, strong, quirky, and beautiful all at the same time.

I like Futaba a lot as a character, but for various story reasons it seems super weird for me to romance her, it just feels like the wrong choice. Haru might as well not even be in this game. And as for Ann, some people here were saying she's like the best parts of Rise without any of the bad? As someone who's best girl in P4 was Rise, Ann feels like Rise with anything exciting or interesting about that character taken out.

ToySoldier83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ToySoldier83

Makoto all the way.

Also I agree with you that it is hypocritical (and kinda disgusting) of the game to let you date Kawakami after the whole Kamoshida incident.

Edit: oh and while Futaba is a great character she felt more like a little sister type to the main character than an actual romance option.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makoto all the way.

Also I agree with you that it is hypocritical (and kinda disgusting) of the game to let you date Kawakami after the whole Kamoshida incident.

Wait, how come? Kamoshida was sexually harassing his students and beating kids. Kawakami's relationship with you is consensual and the age of consent in japan is 13 I think. Dating a teacher would still be frowned upon but it's kept in secret.

Sure we all have our own morals but, well, that's how it is in Japan.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those two can't be compared. If you tried to prove to me that Kawakami is the female Kamoshida (like OP said), that would sound like a teenager calling their dad Hitler for not buying them the newest iPhone in the right color.

Genxalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makoto is the best girl, her Persona's a friggin' motorcycle y'aaaaaall!!!

She could do a bit better at tailing people though, seriously the old giant newspaper trick in 2017? At least find a bench like a real Hitman/Assassin

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Redhotchilimist

@toysoldier83 said:

Edit: oh and while Futaba is a great character she felt more like a little sister type to the main character than an actual romance option.

It didn't hit me until right this moment, but there's an anime show that just started airing, Eromanga Sensei, that's pretty damn Futaba. It's based on a light novel series from 2013 by Tsukasa Fushimi, and he did My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute before that. I'm not familiar with the latter other than the revealing title and that it was super popular. Eromanga Sensei, however, is about a dude taking care of his foster sister who locked herself in her rooM for a year after her mother died. This genre has never really been my taste(as a guy with a lot of sisters, I can't see the appeal)but I can imagine the "like a little sister but not actually" thing is wholly intentional because there's an audience for that type of relationship.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myself hehehehe

I'll be leaving now...

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toysoldier83 said:

Those two can't be compared. If you tried to prove to me that Kawakami is the female Kamoshida (like OP said), that would sound like a teenager calling their dad Hitler for not buying them the newest iPhone in the right color.

Yeah like I'm not into the idea of dating your teachers at all but equating the two is still crazy.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kawakami for sure. her situation is eerily close to my own personal time in Japan when 17 and doing a home stay. Wasn't a teacher exactly but...yeah.

So I went with the cool choice that also strangely has personal similarities with my past.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Futaba is the best. Makoto for NG+. Takemi would be third (also her normal outfit is rad). I see Kawakami as a best friend more than love interest, same with...Ohya? The journalist.

That said, if I could pull off a Charlie Tunoku I would, as I love damn near every character.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Not my tweet, but

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda felt like the non-party member confidants were too tacked on to even consider. It's always just Rank 9: "By the way I love you."

Which my read on all of those scenes was that oh no this is the choice where you immediately panic and realize that you have misread and torpedoed this entire relationship.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: Yeah, you spend considerably less time with them than your party members so it doesn't make sense to me either. Kawakami and the Fortune Teller I could at least see you forming a deeper connection since you could see them and use their services every day.

Also, kinda surprised at the lack of Chihaya love. She comes on pretty strong and I loved seeing her country accent come out when she's flustered. I was already in a relationship with best girl Makoto, so maybe I should see how her romance is.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Man, everyone here is so monogamous, I feel like a real scumbag. I just like seeing how they handle the romances, okay?? ... Anyway, I'd probably go for Kawakami.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Cagliostro88

@whatshisface said:

So it was you the one who wrote this on the Phan-Site!

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.