Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pirates of Black Cove

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 02, 2011

A light strategy adventure for the PC, the game offers you the chance to sail the Caribbean and become the pirate king.

can we get a quick look?

Bloopa79Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Bloopa79Aus

I just saw this up on steam today , I know there is a demo to try the game out but I would enjoy to see a quick look of this game if possible ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Yeah I'm interested in the game but would like to see more of it before I buy it.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Can I name my pirate " luffy"? 

Piririn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Piririn
    @The_Laughing_Man

Nope, but Gol 'd' Roger is fine.
    Kaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Kaps

In the off chance the guys don't do a QL of this I'll post a link to my little hobby site. I picked it up on a whim to review and can do a video commentary. I only played about 90 mins last night so a far cry from a good impression but I can try to answer any questions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@The_Laughing_Man: 'Seaman stain's' or 'Master bates' would be more piraty.
    The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Drizzle
    @Kaps said:
    In the off chance the guys don't do a QL of this I'll post a link to my little hobby site. I picked it up on a whim to review and can do a video commentary. I only played about 90 mins last night so a far cry from a good impression but I can try to answer any questions.
    Just checked out the quick video on the steam page and it looks great, would love to hear your impressions of the game
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @JustKamToo said:
    @The_Laughing_Man: 'Seaman stain's' or 'Master bates' would be more piraty.
    Google "Luffy" 
    Avatar image for great__defunct__northern
    Great__defunct__Northern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

There's a demo on Steam, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Would love to see Dave participate in a QL of this, considering it's a Paradox game (makers of the recent King's Bounty games).

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#10  Edited By KillyDarko

The game is apparently supposed to be really bad (to the point that there's already a 1GB patch for the game!), but I sure would like to see a QL of this.

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Von

It's not bad gameplay-wise, it's just at the moment very, VERY prone to crashing. I'm having fun with it anyway, even if I have to save every time I enter or exit a settlement or quest area.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ares42

Looked promising on steam page, but after playing the demo I'd say you'd have to be really really into pirates to enjoy this game :P

Kaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Kaps
    @The_Drizzle said:

@Kaps said:

Just checked out the quick video on the steam page and it looks great, would love to hear your impressions of the game
    Finished writing up the review. The demo is available but I may yet do a video commentary if for no other reason than its good to practice. 
    You can read the review at InventoryFull.com or wait until I submit the review to GiantBomb. I should have time to do it tonight.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho

This game doesn't leave a great first impression. You start with an encounter with Colonel Quickdraw, who's not only the worst VO in the game but maybe the worst VO ever. And the mechanics of the game never really ramp up to account for how big an army you end up with or how fast and strong your ship becomes. Its just a cakewalk the whole way. Which is a bummer, cus the concept artist for this game did a great job and the guy who designed the levels put in a lot of work making giant towns. Yet for most towns, there's no incentive to explore at all. So there's just a ton of cityscape that you have no reason to walk through at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.