Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

Anybody else feel the same about PSN?

• 64 results
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Al3xand3r

Didn't they add Symphony of the Night to the PSN sometime ago? I remember news about it, but I can't see it on my PSP to buy it. Is it not available in Europe? Is it only available for PS3 (wtf in both cases)? Why is the PSN collection so limited?

And why isn't there a decent fullscreen option for the PS games on PSP? You can have it letterbox, you can have it zoomed which crops some stuff, why didn't they add a simple stretch to fullscreen option? Some games would be better off like that than with the zoom which crops them.

Other than that, I love the interface and hate the lack of content as I said in my last post. But I really wanted to get SotN on the go :'(

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By thiago

The XMB is wonderful. Simple and fast. We don't need bloatware.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    Chainblast said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:

Uh... Quality over quantity, dude.

• flOw
    • Flower
    • PixelJunk series
    • Noby Noby Boy
    • Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
    • Warhawk
    • Burnout Paradise
    • WipEout HD
    • Super Stardust HD
    • Calling All Cars!
    • And more..."
    • echochrome
    • SOCOM Confrontation (once it was fixed)
    • Crash Commando Soldner-X: Himmelsstumer
    • Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
    • LocoRoco Cocoreccho
    • Everyday Shooter
    Though I certainly do agree with the OP that Live has some features the PSN needs, like groups allowing users to jump in and out of games together. Mostly though both systems do 90% the exact same thing and it's the OP's choice if they choose to ignore the features PS3 brings to the table that 360 doesn't."
    And good thing that xbox live has quality and quantinty A list has all ready been posted and quite a few of the psn games you posted aren't very quality.

Warhawk,socom still has problems,tekken 5 the one where you have to pay to play its online component. Flow and flower flower especially was just sony's excuse to force a dev to use motion sensing all the actions in those games could be done easier and faster with the analog sticks and face buttons. noby noby boy is a niche series in the rank of katamari and is really only appeals to niche title players.  In the end its all opinion i own 2 actual psn titles i purchased the rest i downloaded for free from others.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Drebin_893

For fuck sake, I hate system wars.

This thread's become "No, XBOX LIVE is better because it's better and the XMB's crap"
     "No, PSN's better because I like the XMB"
    "You're an XMB!"
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yeah, with the usual suspects too, lol.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By OmegaPirate

I PREFER THE N-GAME ARENA!!!

:\
    NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By NukeGoBoom
    chililili said:
    "carlthenimrod said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Jayge said:
    "The PSN in terms of available games is far superior to the XBLA/Xbox Originals lineup, if that's what you're talking about.
    "
    Based upon what?
    There are far more xbox live arcade games then there are PSN only games, and there are a few less Xbox original games then their are Ps1 games.  But still based upon pure numbers on items on the entire service Xbox live still has more content.
    "
    Uh... Quality over quantity, dude.

• flOw
    • Flower
    • PixelJunk series
    • Noby Noby Boy
    • Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
    • Warhawk
    • Burnout Paradise
    • WipEout HD
    • Super Stardust HD
    • Calling All Cars!
    • And more...
    "
    That's a nice list of games but XBLA is no slouch. Some of those games you listed are also just retail games that are up for download so I wouldn't count them.

• Castle Crashers
    • Braid
    • Geometry Wars 1/2
    • Ikaruga
    • Rez HD
    • N+
    • Pac-Man CE
    • Assault Heroes 1/2
    • R-Type Dimensions
    • Peggle
    • Undertow
    • Portal: Still Alive
    • Uno
    • Bomberman Live
    So I'm not sure how PSN games is 'superior' to XBLA games."
    Braid and Portal are on the PC too, and pretty low requirements"
    Also Peggle and Bomberman.Ikaruga is on Gamecube alredy and Undertow is complete shit.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By pause422

I don't see how the XMB is any less easy to get around than the NXE interface...you're still scrolling around on the Xbox dashboard just as much, and entering 50 different sub windows to get to where you want. It isn't any easier or harder than the way live is setup now. As far as the library available on PSN to XBL, talking from a game standpoint they are pretty much even.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By BigBoss1911

For a free service,its fine.

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By MrPerfect

I am enjoying the service but I always feel like improvements could be made.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mordukai

this is like fuel to a flame war. PS3 fanboys and 360 fanboys will always be at each other throats. Though I do feel that Sony as a publisher are willing to invest money in more original IP's then Microsoft. Can any of you honestly say that they can see Microsoft invest money in a games like ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Little Big Planet, Flower, Flow, Echochrome  and many more. You can say that you can get games like Braid on XBL but it really does not count as Microsoft did not put a single penny into the development of that game, and a lot of the games they offer on XBL are revamp versions of an older game. 

Personally I don't think its fare to compare XBL to PSN because XBL has been around since the original xbox's, though not in the same form it is today but  it was a unified gaming online service. XBL launched November 2002 while PSN launched November 2006, thats 4 year more then PSN and in tech time 4 years is a very long time to have as advantage. 4 years of improving your service and preparing it for the next generation consoles. 

I like XBL and I like PSN, XBL has the advantage over PSN but the guys at Sony are working on improving PSN and I think they are doing a gear job at it as are the guys at XBL. Will PSN ever be as XBL, who knows, but If Sony keeps up with that they are doing so far then the answer is, YES!
    TheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheEnd

Only thing I like about the 360 that IMO has an edge over PSN is the invite system. Easiest thing to do in the world. Friends list, choose friend, press x.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65  Edited By Ket87

The PSN is alright and if I didn't have an Xbox I wouldn't know what I was missing. But man is it a bummer going from 360 to PS3. XBL just runs so smooth and offers so much more content and features. Interactions with your friends list and other gamers is on a completely different level on Live. And going from the dashboard to the XMB is a bit of a bummer too, the dashboard is bright, colorful, organized very well, and it overall just has more pizzaz. Then you go to the XMB and its bland and dull just a ton of icons spread out everywhere if you have alot on your HDD. Personally I don't like the way the XMB organizes media, everything is just there scattered all over the place.

In stead of just having all the folders right up there on the XMB I'd rather everything be in simple menus. I'm a neat freak and the XMB just seems to disorganized to me lol. Also the media sharing on 360 is far superior than the PS3, streaming everything is seamless on the 360 and on PS3 it just takes so long to load everything. Streaming music might as well not be an option because the gap between songs in a playlist is excrutiating, and videos just look off when streamed like they are running at a different speed than they should. Luckily the tons of storage on the PS3 and the overall better media performance of the console makes worth uploading music and videos to the HDD worthwhile. I've got like 7GBs of music on mine and used to have 2 dozen videos on the hard drive till I realized I wasn't gonna watch most of them again and made room.

SilverArrows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SilverArrows

My first impression of the PSN was that it needs a lot of work, and it really does.
    When you first start your machine, and connect to the PSN, it tells you need to update ... which is all good, but it doesn't automatically push the update down. It gives you a location to find the update .... that in itself is horrible user experience, and Sony would lose out on a few customers right there.
    Then there is the whole downloading demos, and then installing them .... wtf is that? If i download it, it should be ready to run.

Maybe i am spoilt by XBOX LIVE, but Sony has a lot of catching up to do if they want to own the services side of gaming.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.