Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

I always have trouble downloading game updates!!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

Whenever a game has a new update, like Black Ops new update that was just released today.... I always fear the innevitable. Sometimes the update goes smooth, but i can always tell when its not going to work.  

For some reason, whenever the notification for update comes up and i click yes to download, if it loads the download screen fast I know from countless times in the past that this means the download will looks seemingly smooth and than stop downloading for no apparrent reason (and the estimated time till finish just grows and grows until an error pops up). This happens about 75% of the time when I do updates on games. Its only game updates by the way, not firmware or game downloads.  And more times than not, no matter what I do (restarting internet, resetting the console etc etc) it refuses to finish the download. Then like a half hour later WA-LA i have no clue how but it works, and this is usually how that goes:

When I click yes to the notification for an update and it takes a while for the download screen to appear, then I know that it will work. Whenever it has worked, it took a little more time to load. And it will download super fast.  Theres the difference. I always know what to expect depending on how fast it takes for the actual download to begin. if it takes long i know it will work. But if it comes up fast, I know it will stall. 

Im wondering if I'm the only one experiencing issues. I've had 2 ps3's over the past few years and have always had this problem.  

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marcsman

Get yourself a Plus+ membership and you will never worry again.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive

ps.  

after about 8 tries of starting up Black Ops and trying to download the update... 

my theories held true.  
    it finally took long to load the download screen and then the download (about 25mb) zipped through in like 5 seconds. finally.  

but yeah.  

i am aware there is a huge 9 hour maintenance scheduled for today. But the chances of me always ending up downloading updates on maintenance time is slim. It happens far too often.  

I pretty much quit playing Killzone 2 online because it refused to finish downloading an update once!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marcsman

Plus+ will do it for you at night. Automatically
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Marcsman said:
    " Get yourself a Plus+ membership and you will never worry again. "
    what makes you think that would be the solution? 
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marcsman

Plus+ downloads patches for any game you have installed automatically at night. It's the best feature so far.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Marcsman said:
    " Plus+ downloads patches for any game you have installed automatically at night. It's the best feature so far. "
    oh shit... so how does it work?
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By NinjaHunter

PSN is down for maintenance today.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @NinjaHunter said:
    " PSN is down for maintenance today. "
    read my post

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.