Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

Please help

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pessh

Ok, so it's my younger brother's birthday on Tuesday and I'm thinking about getting him a PSP 3000. He'll be 15, has been interested in getting one before and I know there's some games he'd want (powerstone collection, MGS.) Is it worth it? Bit hesitant because of the imminent PSP2. Can't really think of any alternatives though, he's got a 360, Wii, DS, PS3, ipod, just got a new phone. Suggestions are welcome, games or alternatives. Thanks.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

It doesn't really matter what model you pick up, as long as its not the Go. Too expensive both at initial purchase and for games. It's been a long time since I felt like the PSP was worth it (if I were you I'd just buy him more games for the consoles he already has) but there isn't really any indication that the PSP2 is "imminent". At the very least it will be over a year before it comes out, and thats assuming they have something to show off at TGS.
    I don't know what his taste in games is like, but I've enjoyed these. 

Personal PSP Collection

\

1. Lumines II
    2. SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs - Fireteam Bravo
    3. Me & My Katamari
    4. Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
    5. Valkyrie Profile
    6. PaRappa the Rapper
    7. God of War: Chains of Olympus
    8. WipEout Pure
    9. Dissidia: Final Fantasy
    10. Fate/Unlimited Codes
    11. Tales of VS.
    12. Jeanne d'Arc
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pessh
    @AgentJ: Thanks dude. Really want to play Darkstalkers now.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    @Pessh: Sounds like a plan :P No matter what other faults the platform may have, there's no question that the PSP is the place for fighting games. Soul Calibur, Tekken, Dark Stalkers, and a bunch of franchise fighters (Dissidia, Tales of Vs, Fate Unlimited Codes).
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By VicRattlehead

get him street fighter alpha 3 max as well.... so much content in that game :D... 
    also download ad hoc party on your ps3 if you do get it so you can play some online multiplayer on those games

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ISuperGamerI

It's a great handheld game device so buy one for him and another for yourself since some of the games let you share them on multiple PSPs, such as Untold Legends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.