Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Are the Steam options on PS3 worth it?

onlineatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By onlineatron

Nobody seems to be talking about the Steam features on PS3. Most sites are choosing to review the PC or Xbox version.

I was planning to get the game for my PS3 because of the Steam implementation; but the radio silence makes me wonder if they are worth it. I could buy the game cheaper, for my Mac (i know, but I haven't got a decent PC!), would I be making a mistake if I did that?

Thoughts on Portal 2, on PS3, and it's Steam features.  

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JoeyRavn

Go watch the live stream right now. They're using both the PC and PS3 versions to play co-op. That'll give you a good idea about Steam on the PS3.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Skald

It's the computer-PS3 connectivity and the free Steam copy that make it worth it. The overlay is fine, but not enough to make it a killer feature.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By canucks23

I'd say they make it worth it. Also from a couple sites that had screenshot comparisons between the console version, the ps3 looked way better than the 360 version. There's really no reason to get a 360 version unless that's your only choice.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

the cross platform co-op makes it a big deal in my book

thomasmolby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By thomasmolby

I got the PS3 version so i could play co-op with my mac friends. Also, it runs and looks great :)

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Boiglenoight

I like being able to chat with my Steam friends while playing Portal.  I've gotten more use out of my wireless keyboard in the past 24 hours than I have all year.

DrMcKittrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By DrMcKittrick

I have the PS3 version and it looks incredible.  This is one of those games where they could've made serious bank off a CE with a Friendship Cube or something.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ajamafalous

From watching the live stream last night, it seems like a good implementation of the Steam overlay.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

They aren't choosing to review the 360 or PC versions. Those will be the copies of the game they're get sent. Review copies are nearly always 360 copies because there are more 360's out there. I thought it would be different with Portal 2 because of the way they're pushing the extra PS3 features, but apparently not. All of the sites who got early copies seem to have received the 360 version, since that's the version they reviewed. I guess it might have something to do with EA distributing the retail copies? If they're also distributing press copies they're probably just automatically doing what they normally do. I don't know.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I'd say so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.