Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

My PS3 loves Portal 2 more than I do

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By lead_farmer

I played through I think four chapters after I got the game today and so far am really enjoying my time with it.  The only problem is that my PS3 has decided that I will only be playing Portal 2 because when I tried to eject the disc, it starts to eject then abruptly stops and eventually goes back into the console.  Can anybody help me out, or should I just be glad that a good game has been eaten?

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Geno

Eject and then pull plug before it goes back in? 

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By N7

There should be a screw at the bottom of your PS3. It should be blue. If you unscrew it, then punch a hole in the cover protecting the bottom of that screwhole, then twist it, your game should eject.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By lead_farmer
    @Geno: Unfortunately, the disc isn't even visibly out when it decides to go back in.  
    @N7: I'll take a look, but that method already scares me.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By N7
    @lead_farmer:  My uncle had the same problem(Mostly because he's disgusting and somehow got his disc sticky with Dr. Pepper then willingly stuck it in his PS3), and that's the exact same way he explained it to me. He got it explained to him from a Sony rep via the phone and it worked for him.

He had a slim though. You may want to look up how to do it in depth though. I've just laid the basic groundrules for the idea.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Yanngc33
    @lead_farmer: You should first contact Sony before unscrewing any screws
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous

It begins.

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Rasgueado
    @lead_farmer said:
    " I played through I think four chapters after I got the game today and so far am really enjoying my time with it.  The only problem is that my PS3 has decided that I will only be playing Portal 2 because when I tried to eject the disc, it starts to eject then abruptly stops and eventually goes back into the console.  Can anybody help me out, or should I just be glad that a good game has been eaten? "
    It's GLaDOS! She's forcing you to continue the testing...
    chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By chrissedoff

this is why i hate those little automatic disc-holes (that's right, the holes where the disc goes in). i don't trust them not to break at all. bring back the spring-loaded playstation 1 lid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.