Best of 2018
Honorable mentions for me include:
- Hollow Knight - This definitely would have been on my list if its actual release date was 2018, but I wanted to play by the rules here. I played a ton of the Switch release and loved it!
- Tetris Effect - This is a really great Tetris!
- Dead Cells - A really fun game with excellent combat.
- Unavowed - Really great narrative-heavy point-and-click game. Probably would have taken my #9 spot if I hadn't played 428 (which is just a fantastic visual novel).
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 - I love this series, and this is a great remake, I've just played a LOT of these games in the past couple years now.
- Hitman 2 - Another great murder puzzle box simulator.
- The Messenger - This was almost my #10 spot, but Yoku is a more unique concept that is executed pretty flawlessly, so it won out.
- Into The Breach - I enjoyed this quite a bit when I played it on PC, but it really got its claws into me after I double-dipped on the Switch version. It's very nice to be able to do a couple battles here and there and then put the game down.
- Dragon Quest XI - I've played a good 60 hours of this so far, but still haven't finished it as of yet. It's a very good DQ game :)