Ranking of Publishers - Personal Favorites
Probably a weird thing to rank, but back when I started gaming Publisher brands were what I knew. It wasn't till much much later that I learned that developers were potentially and usually separate entities from Publishers. But even so, I still tend to think of game makers by the Publisher brands. There's places where that still makes some sense and an increasingly large number of cases where it doesn't.
To keep things sane in light of hordes of self published Indie games, gonna limit to Publishers that I think are at least AA sized publishers and also to current formations of ownership (E.g. Bandai Namco will be ranked based on the combination of both Bandai and Namco).
- God Tier- These companies pretty much own real estate in my wallet
- Tier 1 - If I see their logo on something, I'm probably buying it at full price or close to it
- Tier 2 - You have my interest,my attention and also probably my money at the first decent sale
- Tier 3 - Generally will buy some of their output, but rarely at full price
- Tier 4 - Will do some research into a game, if I see their name on it.
- Tier 5 - I'll consider buying games from these publishers if I have an opening in my schedule and the game looks good
- Tier 6 - These publishers are mostly ok, not necessarily my thing.
- Tier 7- I don't know why I continue to buy these
- Deponia Tier - Kill it with Fire