Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

The weather throughout and at the end (Ending spoilers)

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

I was just wondering if this was programmed or just by awesome chance!!! But anyhoo after Papa Marston got blown away and I became big Jack, I started tracking down Ross through the stranger mission.  
    It was at this point that a thunder storm crackled overhead, and the terrential rain started 2 pour down as I rode across the country to avenge the death of my father. I just thought this was such an awesome moment and apart from the Mexico 'Far Away' moment, is something that I'll remember this game for!! 
    Have you guys ever had any moments that were made even better by accompanying thunderstorms or setting suns?

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ragdrazi

No. I think it just rains at the drop of a hat in the game. It really bugged me. Its supposed to be a mostly desert environment, but about every other day it rains.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FunExplosions

Sounds like awesome chance. It was sunny the first time I did it. The second time it was a complete thunderstorm, and Ross's brother was just chillin' in the rain like nothing was wrong. Kinda ridiculous.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By warxsnake

Scripted missions include scripted weather; the weather will change to what it is configured for the mission as you get closer to checkpoints etc.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ShalashaskaUK666:   

if theres anything i suck at, it's remembering good moments i enjoyed during a video game or a football match . I do remember most of them vividly, but still i dont remember as much as i should. 
    The only weather change i remember from RDR is the cloudy sky and grim atmosphere upon John's burial..   
    I'm glad you had that awesome moment though

By the way, change the "2" to "to" in your post so you can avoid 10 stupid assholes spamming the comment area with shit about it.
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaneDev

It was cloudy at Johns grave and it was a dry day at dusk when I shot Ross which looked awesome. Then I shot all the ducks.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Illmatic

Every time I met the mysterious man who knew John but John didn't know, a thunderstorm would occur. Made him all the more creepy.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lilbigsupermario

there was a thunderstorm when Jack's story started for me, I thought it was intentional that there was like a storm because it was a really dramatic moment for revenge.  I don't know if there are some people who experienced Jack's story on a sunny day...

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Maybe it's supposed to rain after the burial scene etc, but since most people go finish up Ross right away, I figured it stays?

I've done it with thunderstorm raging, but I witnessed my housemate finish the same quest but in bright daylight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.