Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Resident Evil 6’s On-Disc DLC is Completely Free

• 125 results
    PatPandaHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By PatPandaHat

@SuperWristBands:Yeah, I can get that. For me, I kind of appreciated on a certain level what they were trying to do with the way the story was getting teased here and there, giving different characters different impressions on the same event. But for as much as I liked the Sherry and everything-up-to-final-boss Leon campaigns...

Well, I just do not like Chris Redfield all that much. Never have. So Ada was looking like it'd be blocked off from me forever. Now that's fixed!

Forum_User

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Forum_User

@Shaka999 said:

Ah come on . I get you don't think RE6 is a good game (as do other people), but comments like "(I almost wrote “enjoy”)" are kinda snarky and unneeded in a news story, don't you think?

If people haven't caught on by now that this is a site that doesn't pull many punches when it comes to opinions, I think they are kind of missing the point. Come on, they are writing about video games, not covering a war.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Itwastuesday

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say the DLC could have been planned to be free from the start. It wouldn't be the first time it happened! It's just like the old Japanese arcade games that had time-locked content. Gotta keep some interest up in your game after release, and no one is gonna complain about free content.

imbarkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By imbarkus

Game does not suck as much as Patrick or Brad has said. Where's Vinnie when we need him?

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @PatPandaHat: Oh yeah, I thought the idea of what they were going for was good but for me there isn't enough story and a little too much not-so-great gameplay. By the time I got through Leon and Jake's campaign I was ready to finish the game off, but I was still 8 hours from the last 8 hours...

As for Chris as a character, I liked him before. He wasn't a super great character or anything but I liked him. I didn't like him in this game because his emotional... uhh... evolution didn't work for me. It did for some others on this site though so maybe you'll find Chris more interesting in this one.
    Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Shaka999

@Forum_User: That's why I almost stopped myself from posting the comment. I get that it's personalities that drive the site (and speaking of Patrick, I've always enjoyed his work since 1up), but having a quick, one-shot line just to get your opinion out there is kind of unprofessional. If this was something like Worth Reading, then do whatever you want.

...at the same time, I realize if I wanted straight-up news stories without opinions I have plenty of other places to go... but I dunno. Normally I read over stuff like that without issue, but something about it caught my attention today.

Skanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Skanker

@SuperWristBands said:

Keep telling yourself that. I'm just fine at the game and the combat is just okay. Combine that with all of the awful set piece moments (which happen almost all the time in one form or another), mostly uninteresting story delivered over far too long a campaign and cheap deaths from quick time events and your left with Mercenaries as the only high point in the game and they even locked out half of the maps from those who didn't pre-order at the right place. People not completely understanding how the game plays (which is the fault of the game) are still capable of seeing all the rest of the garbage the game so proudly displays.

The combat's fairly good. If it wasn't, mercenaries would be terrible. It plays well, so mercenaries is fun.

And yeah, I will keep telling myself that. People who know how to play the game don't think it is complete shit like Patrick, Brad and the people they surround themselves with do. It's fairly obvious they've got no clue about what they're doing by what they've said in quick looks and podcasts.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Shady

@Skanker said:

@SuperWristBands said:

Keep telling yourself that. I'm just fine at the game and the combat is just okay. Combine that with all of the awful set piece moments (which happen almost all the time in one form or another), mostly uninteresting story delivered over far too long a campaign and cheap deaths from quick time events and your left with Mercenaries as the only high point in the game and they even locked out half of the maps from those who didn't pre-order at the right place. People not completely understanding how the game plays (which is the fault of the game) are still capable of seeing all the rest of the garbage the game so proudly displays.

The combat's fairly good. If it wasn't, mercenaries would be terrible. It plays well, so mercenaries is fun.

And yeah, I will keep telling myself that. People who know how to play the game don't think it is complete shit like Patrick, Brad and the people they surround themselves with do. It's fairly obvious they've got no clue about what they're doing by what they've said in quick looks and podcasts.

Like I told others, I can't take Brad's opinion seriously when he thinks Fable: The Journey is a better game.

Avatar image for deactivated-59ec818a3faf4
    deactivated-59ec818a3faf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why would they do this? People already think capcom are going to screw them out of every last penny and know people look in their games after they already hid a load of dlc on disk.

Even if they were planning on springing a surprise on people just make it an actual download or hidden as an update don't put it where people can easily find it

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By jakob187

@louiedog said:

@ashbash said:

Why lock it away for a later date if everyone's going to get it anyway? The only conclusion that makes sense is that they changed their mind with charging for this content.

The ONLY conclusion. Or maybe they want to keep people from trading it in for awhile and keep used copies off shelves.

Probably should've made a good game first if they really wanted to prevent that.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By LarryDavis

@Shady: Both look pretty bad, but I would much rather play Fable Kinect.

KlUMZeE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By KlUMZeE

@SuperWristBands said:

@Skanker said:

@Sevenout said:

@Curufinwe said:

@KlUMZeE: You should listen to the last Game Informer podcast, or watch their Test Chamber video (like a Quick Look except the guy actually plays decently) or read their review to get a very different impression of RE 6 than what Giant Bomb would have you believe is the consensus.

You say that like the metacritic score isn't a 66. Sure some people liked the game, but it IS the consensus that the game is less than spectacular. It's not some weird put on by Giant Bomb to make you think scores are lower than they actually are.

People who aren't garbage at the game like it just fine. There's been rapid shifts in opinion of this game by people since it released.

Dwamn, looks like I started a war here... awesome!

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @Skanker said:

People who know how to play the game don't think it is complete shit

I fall into the category of people who know how to play and while I won't say it is complete shit -- or even shit -- it has a vast amount of problems that out weigh the good.

It's fairly obvious they've got no clue about what they're doing by what they've said in quick looks and podcasts.

I even kind of agree with this (although they are aware of some more of the nuances but it's too little too late for them) but it doesn't make the game much better. If you want to invalidate their complaints about combat, that's fine. I think it's actually the right thing to do if you know how to play, but it doesn't invalidate their complaints about the poorly made campaign and that is what most people are going to play.

If this game were only Mercenaries I think it'd be an easier game to defend.
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By laserbolts

Why couldn't a game I actually want to play get free DLC?

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
    SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

They aren't confident that anyone will buy further content for RE 6, so they're making it free to at least discourage some people from selling it. I really doubt they've learned any lessons or changed any policies.

blastershift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By blastershift

Resident Evil Net was the biggest pain in the ass to sign up. I haven't seen that many log in steps since Hotmail launched.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how divisive this game is, leads to some really bitter bickering between people on internet forums.

I personally fall on the side that liked the game, I am continuing to have a lot of fun with it. I'm not going to push that on other people though, because it's my opinion and I'm comfortable with it.

But, I say at least give it a chance if you're not sure what to think. You can rent it out of redbox for two bucks and give it a play and see if it's for you. I think the campaign is hilariously crazy, the combat is fun once you get the hang of it, and the co-op is awesome. I've been playing co-op with random people online and it's still been fun, I've had some of the best moments of communicating-without-words in a video game since Journey.

Oh holy shit I just compared this game to Journey.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By capthavic

@madnesshero88 said:

Play more RE6? Why would anyone want to do that to themselves?

Exactly my thought too. Maybe that's why it's free.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By nukesniper

I wonder if this happened after the fact to combat reviews... What if they were planning to charge but fell back on that after the reception?

PATJASA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By PATJASA

@SecondPersonShooter said:

I love how divisive this game is, leads to some really bitter bickering between people on internet forums.

I personally fall on the side that liked the game, I am continuing to have a lot of fun with it. I'm not going to push that on other people though, because it's my opinion and I'm comfortable with it.

But, I say at least give it a chance if you're not sure what to think. You can rent it out of redbox for two bucks and give it a play and see if it's for you. I think the campaign is hilariously crazy, the combat is fun once you get the hang of it, and the co-op is awesome. I've been playing co-op with random people online and it's still been fun, I've had some of the best moments of communicating-without-words in a video game since Journey.

Oh holy shit I just compared this game to Journey.

I don't care what other people say, I actually kinda enjoy the game, and I know you really can't force people to like it because it is a Resident Evil game and also it is flawed in many ways... the crappy camera, pain-in-the-ass QTE and terrible shooting mechanic. Sometimes I felt terrible after playing for an hour, but I always wanting to come back for more...and I realize I actually like it, man.... what is wrong with me...

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By slyspider

@Skanker said:

@Sevenout said:

@Curufinwe said:

@KlUMZeE: You should listen to the last Game Informer podcast, or watch their Test Chamber video (like a Quick Look except the guy actually plays decently) or read their review to get a very different impression of RE 6 than what Giant Bomb would have you believe is the consensus.

You say that like the metacritic score isn't a 66. Sure some people liked the game, but it IS the consensus that the game is less than spectacular. It's not some weird put on by Giant Bomb to make you think scores are lower than they actually are.

People who aren't garbage at the game like it just fine. There's been rapid shifts in opinion of this game by people since it released.

That maybe the stupidest and most obviously inflammatory thing i have heard in around 3 hours (just woke up don't pride yourself). I would hazard a guess to say I'm very fucking good at video games, this one included, and this game is trash. The backlash from people against Giantbomb is fucking sickening and stupid. What I expect from other forums not this one.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Man I hope DarkStalkers 4 is REALLY fucking good top to bottom and DmC and Lost Planet 3 turn out well. Or else uhhh, Capcom is kind of fucked. 

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Shady

@LarryDavis said:

@Shady: Both look pretty bad, but I would much rather play Fable Kinect.

Having only played RE6, Fable: The Journey looks considerably less fun. At least there is more to RE6 than just waving your hand doing dull combat.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Shady

@jakob187 said:

@louiedog said:

@ashbash said:

Why lock it away for a later date if everyone's going to get it anyway? The only conclusion that makes sense is that they changed their mind with charging for this content.

The ONLY conclusion. Or maybe they want to keep people from trading it in for awhile and keep used copies off shelves.

Probably should've made a good game first if they really wanted to prevent that.

That didn't stop Dead Island from selling well last year.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By tim_the_corsair
    @BadNews

I still don't get why you guys hate Resident Evil 6 so much. I rented it just to try it and was blown away by the 4 player multiplayer and awesome controls. Maybe I was just lucky enough to have heard the complaints and explinations of the correct way to play the game before I played it. I'm just if I didn't know you could use both sticks for the spin, the trick to easily climb the rope, the fact that your supposed to play a little of each campaign... That game is amazing.

Being tipped off on how to avoid or compensate for shit design doesn't stop said design from being shit
    Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @BadNews

I still don't get why you guys hate Resident Evil 6 so much. I rented it just to try it and was blown away by the 4 player multiplayer and awesome controls. Maybe I was just lucky enough to have heard the complaints and explinations of the correct way to play the game before I played it. I'm just if I didn't know you could use both sticks for the spin, the trick to easily climb the rope, the fact that your supposed to play a little of each campaign... That game is amazing.

Throwing the word amazing around everywhere is beginning to devalue the word. And it's not just the GB guys ragging on the game, it's most reviewers and fans of the series. It is simply not up to snuff in comparison to even RE5 (which I also didn't enjoy.) but more power to you if you found some entertainment it in.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It doesn't matter where the content is. On-Disc, Downloadable, through the mail, it doesn't matter. The retail package is whatever they're including in the retail package. It's not everything they've ever made for that game, and it's not an actual transfer of ownership of the data on the disc. All DLC is planned before the game is finished, and it doesn't matter if it was made during development, after development, or a billion years ago. Are you getting value for your money? that's all that matters.

What happens when we don't have discs anymore? What will this argument be then?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#78  Edited By Yummylee

@Skanker said:

@slyspider said:

That maybe the stupidest and most obviously inflammatory thing i have heard in around 3 hours (just woke up don't pride yourself). I would hazard a guess to say I'm very fucking good at video games, this one included, and this game is trash. The backlash from people against Giantbomb is fucking sickening and stupid. What I expect from other forums not this one.

Calm yourself, pleb. You probably aren't very good at games, but that's okay. Not everybody can be on my level.

Well done. You've just eliminated any potential credibility you may have had and are now nothing more than a troll.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So even difficulty levels come out as DLC, fuck, all so stupid. Just give meaningful expansions & dont cut every little thing out of the game.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By LarryDavis

@Shady: That's true, looks like you use your thumbs and fingers for the dull combat in RE6.

Skanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Skanker

@Yummylee said:

Well done. You've just eliminated any potential credibility you may have had and are now nothing more than a troll.

You're welcome.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By slyspider

@Yummylee said:

@Skanker said:

@slyspider said:

Calm yourself, pleb. You probably aren't very good at games, but that's okay. Not everybody can be on my level.

Call it the troll bait :D

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Shady

@LarryDavis said:

@Shady: That's true, looks like you use your thumbs and fingers for the dull combat in RE6.

I guess that's the case for every shooter then.

WorldDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By WorldDude

: The people who reviewed Superman 64 back in the day were just super bad at it. They didn't get the COMPLEXITIES of the controls, man! It's all a conspiracy.

Suits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Suits

Entirely free.. if you go through this sign-up process and accept a few legal agreements.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Shady

@WorldDude said:

: The people who reviewed Superman 64 back in the day were just super bad at it. They didn't get the COMPLEXITIES of the controls, man! It's all a conspiracy.

That's a bad example. Maybe you should use Dead Island or something equally as shitty.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#87  Edited By kindgineer

But's it's on the disc and I should already be able to use it /whine /whine /hiss.

The fact that the header for this article has to announce this non-sense is telling of the industry and it's customers as a whole.

Hef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#88  Edited By Hef

@Shady: Dead Island was awesome and had great controls. Especially when you switched to analog. You never got stuck in endless animation loops in Dead Island, that's for sure.

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#89  Edited By Lautaro

You know, people might be being harsh in attacking GB for their review or whatever. But the people condescendingly attacking those that like the game and saying "um reviewers don't like it so deal with it" are equally as annoying.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#90  Edited By DarthOrange

This includes the already discovered No Hope Left difficulty level and option to play (I almost wrote “enjoy”) Ada Wong ’s campaign in co-op. 

Professional journalism at its finest. 
    LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By LarryDavis

@Shady: Yeah, pretty much. Shooters are just identical derivative garbage for the most part.

Anyway, I liked RE4 a lot, actually. But then with RE5 they decided to turn the series into a shooter, but forgot to actually give it controls that work for that purpose. Also stupid shoehorned co-op bullshit. How is it that, many years later, Splinter Cell is still the only series to get campaign co-op right?

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Lautaro said:

You know, people might be being harsh in attacking GB for their review or whatever. But the people condescendingly attacking those that like the game and saying "um reviewers don't like it so deal with it" are equally as annoying.

Explain how they are equally annoying? One understands what a review is and the other can't fathom anything Japanese being criticized. Seriously any crazy overreactions to low review scores have always been Japanese.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Xeirus

@DarthOrange said:

This includes the already discovered No Hope Left difficulty level and option to play (I almost wrote “enjoy”) Ada Wong ’s campaign in co-op.

Professional journalism at its finest.

Opinions... go figure. You want cold facts with no personality go to CNN.

I think the amount of arguing stemming from RE is hilarious. People are so pissed that it's a bad game they have to fight about it all the way down.

My roommate was fucking stocked and talked about RE coming out for months, he owns every single ones, and even replays thems to this day... even he did not buy RE6 after playing the demo.

Personally I've disliked all of the RE games, I think they're incredibly boring. But this is legitimately a bad game, deal with it.

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#94  Edited By Lautaro

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Lautaro said:

Explain how they are equally annoying? One understands what a review is and the other can't fathom anything Japanese being criticized. Seriously any crazy overreactions to low review scores have always been Japanese.

Who mentioned Japan? Sounds like some people just like the game.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Shady

@Hef said:

@Shady: Dead Island was awesome and had great controls. Especially when you switched to analog. You never got stuck in endless animation loops in Dead Island, that's for sure.

Oh man. I can't take your post seriously when you brought up the analog controls. Those are some of the most awkward, haphazardly implemented combat controls I've ever dealt with in a modern video game. Dead Island is a poor man's Dead Rising in my view. And not getting stuck in animation loops? In Dead Island? Get the fuck out of here. Dead Island is the definition of deceptive marketing.

@LarryDavis said:

@Shady: Yeah, pretty much. Shooters are just identical derivative garbage for the most part.

Anyway, I liked RE4 a lot, actually. But then with RE5 they decided to turn the series into a shooter, but forgot to actually give it controls that work for that purpose. Also stupid shoehorned co-op bullshit. How is it that, many years later, Splinter Cell is still the only series to get campaign co-op right?

I'm not a big fan of Splinter Cell: Conviction, but the co-op in that game worked because they designed it around that idea. RE6 (and RE5 to a lesser extent) are in the same boat. Say what you will about the gameplay but by making sure the campaign worked as a co-op game first it made that experience fun and natural not shoehorned in as many seem to think. Hell, even Brad loved RE5 because of it. I know I'm shitting on him, but his beef was never with the co-op aspect of the game, which, I think at least lends credence to his disappointment with this new entry.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Shady

@Lautaro said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Lautaro said:

It's dumb, pigeon-hole logic some like to use. I'm totally fine with people not liking (or even hating) this game. It just fascinates me how they can turn around and not be able to understand how someone can, you know, like this game. I gave Brad shit for liking Fable: The Journey, but I know why he likes it. While I may not agree with his view, it is a perfectly valid one for liking the game. It just becomes an echo chamber after a while. I guess they feel they win that way because they've demoralized the other side. What they won I have no fucking clue what it is.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Lautaro said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Lautaro said:

Just saying people getting all up in arms about review scores are 99.9% of the time Japanese games.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Shady

@Xeirus said:

@DarthOrange said:

This includes the already discovered No Hope Left difficulty level and option to play (I almost wrote “enjoy”) Ada Wong ’s campaign in co-op.

Professional journalism at its finest.

Opinions... go figure. You want cold facts with no personality go to CNN.

I think the amount of arguing stemming from RE is hilarious. People are so pissed that it's a bad game they have to fight about it all the way down.

My roommate was fucking stocked and talked about RE coming out for months, he owns every single ones, and even replays thems to this day... even he did not buy RE6 after playing the demo.

Personally I've disliked all of the RE games, I think they're incredibly boring. But this is legitimately a bad game, deal with it.

Only a few outliers think this game is truly awful. The Metacritic average places this game in the decent range if you want to play the numbers game. You haven't even played the game, so what value can your opinion possibly offer? They can spin it however they like because it is their site. However, some people actually find this game fun. If you can't deal with that, then sad day for you.

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Lautaro said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Lautaro said:

Just saying people getting all up in arms about review scores are 99.9% of the time Japanese games.

That is incredibly narrow minded to say, but you can believe whatever you want even stuff you pull out of your ass.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#99  Edited By bonbolapti

The thing this time is the 'On disc DLC' is called "Unlockables" remember when that term was thrown around in the old days?

jesus fucking christ.

Campion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Campion

"Free?" We paid for the fucking disk, that includes everything on it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.