Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Who else's expectations for this just went through the roof?

• 69 results
    mangachaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By mangachaos

I´m not entirely sure what´s going on in the entire gamingworld today, but it does seem we gamers are actually having an effect on it, meaning if WE want more storyline, scares etc, we might need to tell the developers this. Also, does anyone miss the extremely rare situation from RE2 where you open a door and zombies comes out of it? I wish they brought that thing up again. Possibly the most suprising moment in the RE2 history at least...

As for the 6th series. It looks well, plays as an actiongame... probably due to the movies (let´s hope not) and if there´s at least some more scares we have yet to see, it might be a great contuniation. War with them was invitable. Especially with the storyline from the last games like 4 and 5.

And who knows how far that company has brought the viruses this time... if only "the eye" could show up again though... he was one scary piece of work.

I´ve also tried the Revelations for the 3DS. If you have the room dark and headphones, you can hear yourself becoming scared. It´s not that light... it´s heavy as a demispell! You were not prepared for the first enemy in that demo...you were not!

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By ashleychittock

Absolutely hated what was shown at E3. I don't even have a problem with it becoming an action game, but the stuff that they showed off wasn't even good looking action. Clunky old-ass animation, endless QTEs and no tension at all. Starting to think RE4 was a happy accident.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I was kind of unimpressed by the demo at Microsoft. Animation looked choppy and too many quick time events for my tastes. Also it graphically looks worse then RE5.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Microsft E3 demo didn't look particular good, I'll remain cautiously optimistic, well not optimistic actually. I'm not really interested in that.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Nilazz

@Yummylee said:

Sasaki is going around saying that RE6 is meant to be ''30 hours long''. Sounds like typical hyperbolic promo-speak, but that'd be insane if true. Though he still doesn't deny that each campaign is meant to be a ''little shorter than RE5'', which was around 8 hours long I think, but 10 hours I guess seems plausible. Still, even if it were on average to hit 20 hours, that's a lot of time to spread across a shooter. Hopefully the 3 campaigns will be as diverse as they're making them appear to be.

Resident Evil 5 was also supposed to be 30 hours long, and the first time through it took me eight. I'm will not be surprised if RE6 isn't longer then 10 hours on the first playthrough, but I would love to be proven wrong. I remember playing RE4 and loving the length of it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#56  Edited By Yummylee

@Nilazz said:

@Yummylee said:

Sasaki is going around saying that RE6 is meant to be ''30 hours long''. Sounds like typical hyperbolic promo-speak, but that'd be insane if true. Though he still doesn't deny that each campaign is meant to be a ''little shorter than RE5'', which was around 8 hours long I think, but 10 hours I guess seems plausible. Still, even if it were on average to hit 20 hours, that's a lot of time to spread across a shooter. Hopefully the 3 campaigns will be as diverse as they're making them appear to be.

Resident Evil 5 was also supposed to be 30 hours long, and the first time through it took me eight. I'm will not be surprised if RE6 isn't longer then 10 hours on the first playthrough, but I would love to be proven wrong. I remember playing RE4 and loving the length of it.

Wut. I don't ever remember reading that about RE5. And given that RE6 will have three campaigns, I'm sure it'll at least be around 12 hours. Plus there's also the rumoured Ada Wong campaign that you unlock afterwards. Suffice to say, regardless of any other problems that may plague RE6, I don't think the length of the campaign will be one.

EDIT: Well, besides potentially being too long for its own good.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Yummylee

@JeanLuc said:

I was kind of unimpressed by the demo at Microsoft. Animation looked choppy and too many quick time events for my tastes. Also it graphically looks worse then RE5.

Yeah, that's really starting to weird me out... It definitely looks fine, but it isn't quite the graphical powerhouse that RE games tend to be - especially RE5, which for all of its faults still looks pretty damn good to this day. And this is the game that has around 600 people (!!!) working on it as well. The graphics along with what looks like some awkward gunplay have me decidedly more cautious now.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Nilazz

@Yummylee said:

@Nilazz said:

@Yummylee said:

Wut. I don't ever remember reading that about RE5. And given that RE6 will have three campaigns, I'm sure it'll at least be around 12 hours. Plus there's also the rumoured Ada Wong campaign that you unlock afterwards. Suffice to say, regardless of any other problems that may plague RE6, I don't think the length of the campaign will be one.

EDIT: Well, besides potentially being too long for its own good.

There was a few interviews about RE5 when the 30 hour length was talked about, but yeah, rather a short and excellent experience then a long drawn out one.

benefitevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By benefitevil

I have medium hopes lol for this game. I like the direction they are going in and thank the heavens for bring back zombies!

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

To me the problem with RE series is that it's too big now. We have control of military soldiers who are a one man army n that basically makes every other zombie/villain irrelevant. Before we had cops or just regular civilians who can get killed( at least the feeling that could happened). The only thing I appreciate of the new games are the gameplay mechanics it's smoother but with all the problems the RE series has developed it lead to the lost of its soul man meaning no more horror intense thrilling zombie gameing.

TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By TheBlackPigeon

I'm excited to see just how crazier the story can get.

If I don't see the heroes turn into Super S.T.A.R.S. Sentai Rangers, summon the MechaBarry, and crush the evil ambitions of Queen Ada, I'm going to be very angry.

Limpiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Limpiz

I would have bought it if i was able to play without some stupid companion.

In RE4 I didn't see it as a problem, but 5... oh I was so tempted to kill that girl, when she took all the ammo ALL the time. And when she was walking in to walls like the AI in Secret of Mana...

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Twiggy199
    • To many quick time events.
    • Horrible camera angle.
    • The U.I.(Speaks for it's-self).
    • Far to much action.

I've given Capcom to many chances on this franchise I think I've finally given up. Me and a friend watched the E3 demo on XBLEP and he was profusely shouting "Stop killing shit". I couldn't agree more, after-all this is not a Call of Duty game, they just need to slow it all down, concentrate and make a fucking Reso 6 game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Yummylee

@Twiggy199 said:

• Horrible camera angle.
    • Far to much action.

I've given Capcom to many chances on this franchise I think I've finally given up. Me and a friend watched the E3 demo on XBLEP and he was profusely shouting "Stop killing shit". I couldn't agree more, after-all this is not a Call of Duty game, they just need to slow it all down, concentrate and make a fucking Reso 6 game.

These sorts of comments always confuse me. Don't get me wrong, I long for a return to the survival-horror era of Resident Evil--one that is also unfortunately never going to happen--more than anyone, but did you play Resident Evil 5?? How anyone couldn't predict that this was the next step is beyond me.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ShaggE

I want the RE series to get crazier and crazier until it's finally just an 8 hour slideshow of dogs eating pancakes while awful J-Pop plays, so I'm fully excited for RE6 to take that next step.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Twiggy199

@Yummylee: Yeah i played Reso 5, i enjoyed it, but because there wasn't much wrong with it, it played like a Resident Evil game and yeah, we knew where this was going, but to be honest we were all hoping it wouldn't. But hey, what can ya do?.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @Yummylee said:

@Twiggy199 said:

• Horrible camera angle.
    • Far to much action.

These sorts of comments always confuse me. Don't get me wrong, I long for a return to the survival-horror era of Resident Evil--one that is also unfortunately never going to happen--more than anyone, but did you play Resident Evil 5?? How anyone couldn't predict that this was the next step is beyond me.

The least I can say for RE6 is that it looks like it's actually attempting to have more horror thrown into the mix this time. RE5 had virtually none of that. What worries me most is the way the game plays. Doesn't seem too great. 
    Also, it sounds like Ada's campaign will have the super-contrived and arbitrary puzzles that I have missed so much. That has me excited.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Yummylee

@OneKillWonder_: Yeah, Ada's campaign looks like a treat. In fact hers much more so resembles the RE4 style than even Leon's. Though as for the 'horror' in RE6, it's all basically going to go to the same lengths as RE5--overly scripted, slower-paced linear segments with the occasional 'investigate' option; poorly telegraphed jump scares--except it'll be night time. Which I guess is an improvement all the same, but regardless the action portions of RE6 also look to trump a lot of RE5's own action set-pieces right out of the water.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#69  Edited By Undeadpool

@OneKillWonder_ said:

@Yummylee said:

@Twiggy199 said:

• Horrible camera angle.
    • Far to much action.

The least I can say for RE6 is that it looks like it's actually attempting to have more horror thrown into the mix this time. RE5 had virtually none of that. What worries me most is the way the game plays. Doesn't seem too great. Also, it sounds like Ada's campaign will have the super-contrived and arbitrary puzzles that I have missed so much. That has me excited.

When RE5 turned into a cover-based shooter, I realized RE was never going fully back to survival horror. And I'm not piling on that genre, I actually LIKE a lot of cover-based shooters, but Resident Evil REALLY shouldn't be about trading gunfire with generic looking soldier-terrorists. That said, I'm looking forward to 6 because I'd love to see if the rumors of actually bringing something, anything, to Chris' character motivation is intriguing and the Jake and Leon sections look legitimately cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.