Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

7-Dec DLC: Whole Mess 'O Queen

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

from HMXHenry on rockband.com:

Hey gang,

The DLC coming your way next week includes not one, but TWO epic Queen packs! The first pack contains some deeper cuts as well as RB3 versions of the two tracks that originally appeared on Lego Rock Band, and the second pack is made up entirely of RB3 versions of fan favorite tracks from the RB DLC library. 10 of these 12 songs have Pro Guitar / Bass upgrades available, and with harmonies now available on all these tracks you can sing them the way they were meant to be sung. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Dec. 7):

Queen Extravaganza Pack 01

“Hammer to Fall” X
    “Keep Yourself Alive” X
    “Now I’m Here” X
    “Play the Game” X
    “Tenement Funster” X
    “We Are the Champions” (RB3 version)
    “We Will Rock You” (RB3 version)

Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack

“I Want It All” (RB3 version) X
    “I Want To Break Free” (RB3 version) X
    “Killer Queen” (RB3 version) X
    “One Vision” (RB3 version) X
    “Somebody To Love” (RB3 version) X
    “Under Pressure” (RB3 version) X

(All tracks are original master recordings)
    (These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Dec. 8)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack” and “Queen Extravaganza Pack 01” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
    $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
    $0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
    $9.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 Microsoft Points, 1,000 Wii Points) for Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack
    $10.99, £5.99 UK, €8.99 EU (880 Microsoft Points, 1,100 Wii Points) for Queen Extravaganza Pack 01

I have a feeling that there's going to be some really pissed off Rock Band fans out there this week.  I actually don't have any of the re-released songs, and I might be more inclined to pick them up now that they have keys and harmonies.  So I guess this means that the guitarist doesn't get to play piano on Somebody to Love anymore.  And where the hell is "Bicycle!?"

Anyhow, I still think there's got to be a better way to re-release this stuff.  Oh well.
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marcsman

That DLC sucks. The decline is coming sooner than later.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By 234r2we232

WTF QUEEN WHY NOT A GOOD BAND OMG

*rocks out*

Hammer To Fall is an amazing song. Looking forward to this. Still... something other than classic rock would be nice :/
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#4  Edited By skrutop
    @sofacitysweetheart said:

"Still... something other than classic rock would be nice :/ "

I couldn't disagree more.  Bring on more, more, MORE!!!
    Superdude201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Superdude201

Gonna get the pack of new songs, love queen, but i'm not paying full wack for a pack of songs that i already have just for keyboards and vocal harmonies, i just don't use those features enough to justify it, and feel people who already have the songs should at least get a minor discount rather than having to pay full price when we already have 3/4 of the content.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

Blah... not rebuying.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By ssj4raditz

Gonna get the new songs, but torn on the re-releases.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 234r2we232

Sampling a lot of the re-releases, there are a few which sound interesting on keys (Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, Under Pressure), I just kinda do not want to re-buy the same songs again. This is a huge way to insult those that have been investing time and money in your product (fortunately for myself, on this occasion I passed on those songs the first time).

Also, not sure how we've had all this Queen and still no Princes of the Universe...

It should really come with a sword peripheral :P
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By carlthenimrod

These "RB3" versions are pretty shitty if you ask me. And I don't mean the Queen part of it because I fucking love Queen. But asking me to re-buy all my songs? Sorry, but not gonna happen ever.

And I really feel like Harmonix is shooting itself in the foot with this stuff because if they just made it free for people who have already bought it then I might be compelled to go buy a Pro Guitar and the pro versions of future DLC. But I can't justify going back and paying $400 to re-buy all my songs just for that stuff. Especially when I currently enjoy my Pro Drums for no additional cost (and for every song I already own). I know it costs time and manpower to make this stuff. But having 3 different versions of songs just makes all of this stuff confusing and intimidating for people to get into. Supremely disappointed with Harmonix.

/endrant

Edit: And where the fuck is "Don't Stop Me Now"?

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 234r2we232

I think their first mistake was not including Pro support in the RB2 export - or at least for the majority of it. If it was actually being exported off the disc, I would understand why a lil more.

But now we get to look forward to them trickling out upgraded tracks. And these Queen songs are barely a year old. If they're going to do it this way, then why not start with the much older DLC?

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By benpack

It is called Rock Band after all.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Is it because they have to rework the entire track of the original song? I would think they could just add in extra tracks (keys/reworked vocals) and charge a buck like they do with the pro guitar upgrades.

I don't actually own any of the older songs except for Killer Queen and I know I'll probably buy that again just for the keys, as I have been discovering how awesome they are since my drums are out of commission.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By Little_Socrates

I'm really only frustrated about the Queen re-releases because I just bought the pack at Halloween to support the RB3 release...that's probably my biggest issue with the RB3 packs. 

That said, I want all of these tracks other than the two I don't know from the new songs pack (which I bet are the most fun songs in the pack.) Looking forward to this, and then Billy Joel the week after that.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Sounds good to me, but I'm gonna hold off for now. I still have like....probably 120 or so songs that I've... NEVER EVEN PLAYED! GADZUKES!

Eh, just because I just bought RB3, and imported RB1's songs without ever actually playing RB1. I haven't bought THAT much DLC. Yet.
    *gulp*

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#15  Edited By vigorousjammer

Well, shit... I already own 400+ tracks from Rock Band 1 & 2 DLC... and this has convinced me to NOT BUY ANY MORE AT ALL.

What kind of marketing convinces somebody who has been BUYING DLC TRACKS ALL ALONG to suddenly stop? Shitty marketing, that's what kind.

well, I'll still be buying DLC... but from now on I'll only be shopping in the "Pro Modes" section of the shop.

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#16  Edited By KillerFly

So torn on the re-release stuff. I mean, they did have to re-license and re-chart the songs (at least that's what the harmonix dude told me on twitter). And if Harmonix released a stand-alone keyboard game instead of Rock Band 3 I'd be buying these songs anyway. Right? Right?! Hmm...

Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By Blueprint12

I still haven't bought I Want to Break Free and Somebody to Love yet so I might pick those up sometime.

But yeah really though, I agree it's stupid how they're making you pay for re-releases...I would be okay if it was a small price like a pro guitar/pro bass upgrade but not a whole 160 points.

Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By Blueprint12

WHOOOOOOOAAAAA

The keys for this re-release does look awfully crazy however.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 234r2we232

Of the bunch, I bought Killer Queen. Haven't played it on anything but guitar yet, but for an easy-ish guitar song, I had fun :). I did buy it for the keys and will get to work on practicing soon!

In other news, if you're looking for a fun metal song for your plastic guitar and/or drums, they released Kittie's The Truth this week on the RBN. Reminds me of Vengeance Is Mine, where it feels very solo-ish the whole way through. I recommend.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.