Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

Major Patch for RB3 released today

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By melcene

Hello Friends,

As HMXHenry alluded to in his post from December 2 (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210000), we’ve been working on a new title update for Rock Band 3, and I’m very happy to announce that it is currently live on Xbox 360, and should be hitting on PS3 in US and Europe within 24 hours. We'll update when we know for sure the PS3 update is live. (Before you ask: Unfortunately, we’re not able to update titles on the Wii system, so this does not apply to Rock Band 3 for the Wii.) 

In addition to numerous bug fixes and tweaks, possibly the most exciting component of this new title update is the arrival of RBN2.0. For those not in the know, this will add Harmonies, Keys, and Pro Keys authoring support for RBN songs. For more info on that, head over to http://creators.rockband.com!

Before I get into highlights of this update, we want to give the hugest of shoutouts to you, our community. Without your ongoing, detailed and constructive feedback, we would not have been able to pinpoint and address as many issues as we have here. It can be frustrating when you run into an issue with a game, but those of you who chose to proactively post your findings here on rockband.com instead of resigning yourself to “Well, that’s just the way it is,” are true heroes. 

Enough chatting, on with the vital details!

GAMEPLAY CHANGES

• The audio distortion (also referred to as a buzz, hiss, or squawk) that some PS3 Keyboard players experienced has been addressed.
    • For users experiencing trouble deploying Vocal Overdrive in certain audio setups, OD can now be deployed using the Back button on the controller. NOTE: this only works while in a valid Overdrive deploy section.
    • Overdrive can now be deployed using a Pedal with both the Mustang Pro Guitar and the Keyboard peripherals.
    • Scoring is disabled after a song has been paused multiple times (this prevent players from artificially inflating scores using the pause function).
    • The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.
    • Based on fan feedback, limited functionality for the Stage kit has been added to Rock Band 3. Please note that this 3rd-party peripheral is no longer officially supported, so we cannot guarantee full functionality with every file format (RB3, Pro-DLC), but basic functions should be reenabled.

ONLINE CHANGES
    • PS3 Voice Chat not properly working with headsets has been remedied.
    • Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.
    • To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades.

MUSIC LIBRARY AND STORE CHANGES
    • Pro Guitar songs now sort themselves into the correct difficulty tiers.
    • Pro upgrade availability will now be more accurately reflected in the Music Store.
    • The following songs are now correctly appearing in the Music Library.
      • Anvil - 666
      • Anvil - Metal on Metal
      • Anvil - This is Thirteen
      • Dinosaur Jr - Pick Me Up
      • Dinosaur Jr - The Wagon
      • Guess Who, The - Hand Me Down World
      • Guess Who, The - No Time
      • Tenacious D - Rock Your Socks
      • Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife

PRACTICE MODE CHANGES
    • An issue that prevented holding sustain notes on keys in the trainers has been addressed
    • Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.

CRASH FIXES
    • Fixed a Character Creator crash related to a particular eyebrow asset or the generation of a random character.
    • Fixed assorted minor crashes, as well as minor scoring and text bugs.    

Personally, I'm stoked.  Vocals was still a problem when I was playing this weekend, and the Stage Kit issue still torqued off me and the hubby.  Look forward to trying these both out and seeing how they work out. 
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

...I have yet to play any music game this entire generation.  :|

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm pumped for this patch. I've been begging for a button to deploy vocal overdrives since I picked up the mic in Rock Band 2. Being able to use a pedal for Keyboard overdrive is just icing. I've also experienced the problem with holding sustained notes on keys in the trainer, and though it wasn't too important, I'm glad to see it fixed.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

Awesome stuff. I'm glad that Harmonix was able to get a large patch out the door. RBN 2.0 seems exciting. I could always use some more keyboard songs. 

Audio no longer distorts for remote players when whammying sustains in an online session.    

That actually sounds like it would be cool. :P
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ch13696

Nice. I just got this game. So, now I just need $40 to get the pro cymbals.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By melcene
    @JJWeatherman: I'm looking forward to it too.  Hubby and I spent like an hour the other night going through RBN songs.  There are some real gems in there, but just takes a while to find them.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By 234r2we232

Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.   
     The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.  

Good to hear :)  

Has anyone been having issues online with weird track lag? It's rare, and probably related to my awful Internet, but when it happens it sounds AWFUL :(
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By melcene
    @sofacitysweetheart: Have you done the lag calibration option?  But if it's rare, that doesn't sound right.  It shouldn't be an internet issue though unless you're playing online with others.  Solo career/quickplay shouldn't lag because of internet.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    "

Breakneck Speed now works in Practice Mode.   
     The translucency of the track surface has been adjusted to make note gems are easier to see against the venue backgrounds.  

Good to hear :)  

Has anyone been having issues online with weird track lag? It's rare, and probably related to my awful Internet, but when it happens it sounds AWFUL :( "
    You mean when you're playing with other people and your tracks seem to come out of sync? If so, that's been happening since I can remember with Rock Band games.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By 234r2we232
    @melcene: It's not affecting my chart. There will be random moments when in a online band, the other player's audio track will go totally out of sync with my game. It can be really bad and it's the first music game I've experienced such a problem in.

And unrelated, but just to go on a... rage thing 

To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades. 

This just sours me even more so on Pro upgrades. So (hypothetically) I have a Pro Guitar, I paid for my Pro upgrades... but I can't play them with non-Pro peeps online? C'mon Harmonix. It's just a chart, not the actual song :/
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By melcene

I agree on the sour on Pro Upgrades.  I'm just really not so hot on how much this feels like a nickel-and-dime routine, even though I realize that there are some actual issues to it.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By skrutop
    @sofacitysweetheart said:

To prevent blank tracks from appearing in online multiplayer, all members in an online multiplayer band must own the Pro upgrades to play a song with DLC pro upgrades. 

This just sours me even more so on Pro upgrades. So (hypothetically) I have a Pro Guitar, I paid for my Pro upgrades... but I can't play them with non-Pro peeps online? C'mon Harmonix. It's just a chart, not the actual song :/ "
    Yeah, I saw that and was pretty peeved about it.  A lot of people don't have much DLC, and very few of those will have the pro upgrade.  This "fix" sort of blows.  I'd rather them put something on the blank track that says "this player is using the pro chart, upgrade to see it" or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.