Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

The Extra Cost for Pro Guitar Songs

AnxiousTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AnxiousTube

So I get that Pro Guitar songs are more in depth but 60 more mp for every song that you want pro guitar for seems wierd.  What exactly is the price increase for the Pro part of the Guitar only for.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By melcene

The price is basically for recharting the song with their version of tablature.

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Disengage

Time is money.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I can understand why they cost more, but at the same time, these are dudes that just spent $150 on a guitar. I think they should get like 10 pro version songs of their choice for free or something. That would be cool. Heck, even just 5 would be nice.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By melcene

You certainly won't find me defending the new upcharge for upgrades.  I'm really not keen on it.  At the moment I'm not even sure about buying a pro guitar because of the pricing system on the songs.

AnxiousTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AnxiousTube

So apperenly I was reading that every pro guitar and bass part comes with a tutorial for everysong but I still think it should just come part of the 160msp point pack rather that paying 240msp for a song.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By zidd
    @TheGreatGuero: Except that every song on the disc except imagine has pro guitar in it. Its not like you are starting from zero when you spend the money to buy a pro guitar.

@AnxiousTube: Harmonix has said before that charting pro guitar by itself takes as much time and effort as the rest of the parts combined.  

@melcene: Not every DLC song has pro guitar in it. I'm only buying pro guitar for songs that I really like.
    Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#8  Edited By Little_Socrates

I'm not thrilled about it, and I don't intend to buy a pro guitar until I see one in action and get to tool around with it. Even then, I'm unsure about the investment; we don't know how long Harmonix will actually be supporting the game's DLC now that they're no longer going to stay with Viacom. For example, if Konami or Activision end up buying them, they could close DLC much earlier than Harmonix may currently intend.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @AnxiousTube said:
    " So apperenly I was reading that every pro guitar and bass part comes with a tutorial for everysong but I still think it should just come part of the 160msp point pack rather that paying 240msp for a song. "
    If you mean the "learn a song" mode, then yeah. All of the Pro-keys songs have that too. It's not really anything more than splitting the songs up into sections though.
    AnxiousTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AnxiousTube

then it must be bull shiz for the fact the we are paying 80msp for the extra point.
    vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#11  Edited By vigorousjammer

I don't mind paying an extra dollar, since it really does add a lot more to the experience... and I'd imagine it would be really tough to streamline it and still get the same level of quality in the charts.

I just wish they had another 80msp upgrade for keys & harmonies, re-buying every song is the one thing that really pisses me off about the new DLC model.

I'll still end up getting new tracks, and possibly even some pro upgrades... but I'm not buying any tracks labeled "RB3 version" unless I don't already have it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.