Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

The Official Rock Band 3 Keyboard is made by Madcatz?

FiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FiZi

I'm trying to track down a keyboard for the 360 and all I can find in Canada is "Mad Catz Rock Band 3 Wireless Keyboard" at Futureshop and Best Buy for $80.

Is the Mad Catz Keyboard the official keyboard Harmonix is releasing for RB3? I looked at http://www.rockbandstore.com/Rock-Band-3-Wireless-Keyboard-and/A/B003RRTWSE.htm and the keyboard they're selling on their site looks identical to the Mad Catz keyboard but they don't say "Mad Catz" anywhere on the site. I always thought of Mad Catz as budget knock off controllers which is why I'm confused.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Yes. Mad Catz indeed makes the official keyboard.

FiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FiZi
    @JJWeatherman: Thanks!
    madcatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By madcatz

Hey Guys,  my name is Alex, I'm the Global PR Manager for Mad Catz!  We are now (And have been since E3) the official peripheral partner for Harmonix.  This means that Mad Catz now make EVERYTHING in the Rock Band range, including the new Rock Band 3 products.  In fact, the only thing we do NOT make is the upcoming six sting Fender which is a real guitar and therefore being made by the good folks at Fender.  I understand how hard it is to challenge pre concieved notions but trust me guys, we are NOT your fathers Mad Catz.  Our premium products really are darn good quality as anyone with a wireless keyboard, Fender Mustang or Street Fighter IV TE Stick will attain to!  Cheers

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @madcatz: You speak the truth, Alex from Madcatz. The keyboard peripheral is very nice. Keep up the good work!
    StarFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By StarFox
    @madcatz: Good to know.  Nabbing a couple keyboards as Xmas presents for mates this year, thanks for being the conduit for lounge-room rock stars.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I once had a 6 Button Turbo Controller for the Sega Genesis from Mad Catz.  The "A" Button stopped working so I opened it up and there was a colony of ants living in the controller.  Not counting that freak incident Mad Catz has been a pretty reliable company for my controller needs.  I don't think it was their fault for the ants by the way, I am pretty sure my friend spilled Kool-Aid on the controller.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @bartok said:
    " I once had a 6 Button Turbo Controller for the Sega Genesis from Mad Catz.  The "A" Button stopped working so I opened it up and there was a colony of ants living in the controller.  Not counting that freak incident Mad Catz has been a pretty reliable company for my controller needs.  I don't think it was their fault for the ants by the way, I am pretty sure my friend spilled Kool-Aid on the controller. "
    Oh, wow. That's pretty freakin' weird.  O_o
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By toowalrus

Madcatz has been making some quality shit lately. Shit, Madcatz made the best gameboy wormlights out there.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @TooWalrus said:
    " Madcatz has been making some quality shit lately. Shit, Madcatz made the best gameboy wormlights out there. "
    I had one of those. I also had a crazy multi-connector link cable. Crap, link cables were actually a thing not too long ago.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By 234r2we232

I like my keyboard, but I've owned two Madcatz 'M.I.C Premium' microphones for Rock Band in this past year and they've both broken :/

FiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FiZi
    @madcatz:  Wow! Never expected to get an answer from someone at the company. Thanks for the info. I'll be getting a keyboard and a second wireless guitar for my girlfriend this Christmas.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.