Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

The 'Rock Band influenced me to...' thread!

PepeSilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By PepeSilvia

I was wondering. After all these 'Pro' instrumen additions and improvements; Are you going to pick up real music lessons? Or maybe use your learned skills from the pro lessons and immediately try to get a band together? 

Me? Allow me to declare my love to Harmonix and the Rock Band franchise here :). During the Rock Band 2 days I bought a cheap €100 electric guitar and got a friend to teach me a bit. I was bored after a few months and never got further than playing smells like teen spirit, other power chord songs and the Day Tripper riff :P But when The Beatles: Rock Band came out I finally got my first set of drums. I've been playing fanaticly ever since and worked my way up from medium drums to a mix of Hard and Expert. With the addition of Pro Cymbals it just kind of feels that I've reached the end of my Rock Band journey with the drums. Ever since I got them they have been my most played instrument and I only pick up the plastic guitars at parties now. But two weeks ago I wanted more and signed myself up for drum lessons. I had some 'pratice lessons' and I'm really focused on getting in a real  band now. I'm so thankful to Harmonix for getting me so excited about making music when I first started playing Guitar Hero 2. Without these great games I would've never thought about buying an actual guitar or taking serious drum lessons. And before I started doing that I had one of the best experiences with my friends playing these games. The first time we played Rock Band 1 on two Guitar Hero 2 guitars with an Xbox 1 headset as a microphone is still one of the coolest parties I've ever had with friends. It was all so new and once the alcohol hit in everybody felt a bit like a rockstar. Over the years the additions of drums(here in Holland the drums weren't that easy to get around to) and harmonies made all that stuff even better, more streamlined and, of course, fun! But now my friends are kinda over it, the sales are in decline and it looks like rythym games will slowly become a niche thing again. It makes me sad to think that these games may no longer be as popular with future generations... I'm just happy it got me into making (real) music, because if someone would've told me I'd be playing real drums a few years ago I would declare them mad.

This was just a little summary of my experiences with Rock Band and I was wondering about how it helped any other members of the Giant Bomb community. So please, share! :)

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Disengage

Rock Band influenced me to listen to Sonic Youth. Mission accomplished.

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By FrankWeidner

I definitely played the hell out of Guitar Hero (freaking one) before I decided to get my ass a real guitar. I now also have a banjo, so by extension, Harmonix have brought another banjo-pickin' motherfucker upon the world.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By 234r2we232

I've always wanted to play drums, but have never had the room for a full kit. One day...

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Rock Band influenced me to stop playing music games after nothing was as good as Guitar Hero II
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By 234r2we232
    @xaLieNxGrEyx: Isn't there some bridge you should be dwelling under?
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SSully

Guitar Hero influenced me to stop playing guitar hero because since i actually play guitar people thought i would be good at guitar hero, which i am not. 

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " @xaLieNxGrEyx: Isn't there some bridge you should be dwelling under? "

Nah, you're right Guitar Hero II sucked

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.