Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rogue Legacy

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 27, 2013

A "genealogical rouge-lite" that combines elements from "Metroidvania" platformers and roguelike games. Explore the ever-shifting rooms of Castle Hamson as a lineage of knights, with each ancestor's death potentially improving their offspring's chance for success!

Hard-Mode bosses

robinkuiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I've bought this game during the autum steam sales, played 35 hours by now, and am trying and re-trying hard-mode bosses.

Although they are INCREDIBLY tough, 3 (as far as I've tested) are doable. a 4th, the eye, is impossible. seriously. You cannot keep dodging those bullets. it's fucking insane how hard, in such a limited space. Dev, please, buff the character, nerf the boss, increase room size? any of those would do.

(Also if you could create a way to regain mana with Ponce de Freon that'd be absolutely fantastic. The slime was doable after about 50 tries. forest one seems doable.)

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

Alexander (flaming skull) seems impossible. Even with your Hokage damage, I don't see how you're meant to finish him off fast enough, seeing as you die in like 4-7 hits because your character is garbage and the stage is ridiculously cramped. You're right, Astrodotus (the slime) is doable, you just need to try it a few times. The dragon controls REALLY were not meant for an Asteroids clone, though, so it's awkward.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alexander (flaming skull) seems impossible. Even with your Hokage damage, I don't see how you're meant to finish him off fast enough, seeing as you die in like 4-7 hits because your character is garbage and the stage is ridiculously cramped. You're right, Astrodotus (the slime) is doable, you just need to try it a few times. The dragon controls REALLY were not meant for an Asteroids clone.

Yeah, my issue with that fight is the controls. Does anyone have issues with the Dragon just hitching up and not moving for a brief moment?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BisonHero

@thachillera: For what it's worth, I was able to beat Neo Khidr (the eye) after trying for about 3 hours straight this afternoon. It's a huge fucking pain because of how completely not upgraded your character is, and there is no way to make it a quick fight. Like Astrodotus (the slime), you just need patience. Khidr/Neo Khidr only has 3 attack patterns (though one is basically "random shots", which is annoying). So you have to memorize them like the back of your hand, and then it becomes a matter of developing strategies with double jump and dash to get around those patterns. Oh, and in case you didn't check the character stats, your strength is COMPLETE GARBAGE, so you're only hitting Neo Khidr for the purpose of charging up your mana (you're a spell sword). The vast majority of your damage to him will be from the blade shield (I generally used the super version of blade shield).

@soldierg654342 said:

@bisonhero said:

Alexander (flaming skull) seems impossible. Even with your Hokage damage, I don't see how you're meant to finish him off fast enough, seeing as you die in like 4-7 hits because your character is garbage and the stage is ridiculously cramped. You're right, Astrodotus (the slime) is doable, you just need to try it a few times. The dragon controls REALLY were not meant for an Asteroids clone.

Yeah, my issue with that fight is the controls. Does anyone have issues with the Dragon just hitching up and not moving for a brief moment?

I didn't encounter anything like the glitch you're talking about. I more so meant that playing Asteroids isn't very fun if you can only shoot to your direct right or left (which is all the Dragon can do). Also, even after spending like 40 minutes trying and eventually beating Astrodotus, I honestly have no clue what governs the movement of the blobs. They seem to track you very slightly, but generally are beholden to whatever momentum they had when they split. Except maybe the red blob, which seems to track you much more aggressively?

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By soldierg654342

@bisonhero: I finally beat Astrodious. Using the d-pad I didn't have the issue so maybe something is up with my anolog stick.

Alexander is goddamn horseshit.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I tried some of those bosses, I just don't like them at all. It's bad content for a game so bent on playing it how you like and upgrading to overcome tougher and tougher foes. Plus the way I play it I go exclusively for flight and don't fuck around with double jumps. Flight is where it's at. I don't like that the premade characters all focus on jumps.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierg654342: You have to be some kind of demigod to beat new Alexander. Neo Khidr at least has a pattern to memorize, and Astrodotus requires patience and careful aim. New Alexander requires constant adaptability because there is no pattern, and you have to be constantly killing the mobs he spawns. It's ridiculous.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themasterds: I agree, it does generally go against the spirit of the rest of the game to force you to use a particular spec. It really feels like the developer chastising the players, and forcing us to use abilities nobody gave a shit about (the new Alexander fight forces you to use both the teleportation spell and the Hokage's teleportation ability, for example). And yeah, dear God, so much double jumping and dashing.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero said:

@themasterds: I agree, it does generally go against the spirit of the rest of the game to force you to use a particular spec. It really feels like the developer chastising the players, and forcing us to use abilities nobody gave a shit about (the new Alexander fight forces you to use both the teleportation spell and the Hokage's teleportation ability, for example). And yeah, dear God, so much double jumping and dashing.

I already use double-jump and dash so that's not an issue for me (except there's no room for dashing). I did, however, completely forget about the Hokage's unique ability. Maybe using that will help.

But I agree, these new fights are like getting kneecapped and beign forced to run a marathon. They seem really unfair and poorly designed compared to the rest of the game.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierg654342: You can use the Hokage teleport to pass through the spikes to the right of where you start. The room has two chambers, and I guess the relocate spell is a good backup when things get too hairy on one side, but man, I wish he had ANY other spell instead of the relocate spell. The Hokage does have vampirism, but it's such a small amount that I still die really quickly having barely done any damage to Alexander.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I've gotten him down to around a quarter health, but only when I get lucky and he attack where I can wail on him and not get hit. Being able to move between rooms makes things seem much more doable.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: So I beat Alexander IV. Going between rooms makes things way easier, but that fight is still straight up bullshit and highlights how sloppy some of the things in this game are, especially hitboxes. I was hit so many time by invisible corners and sometimes invisible enemies.

Yeah, terrible fight, but doable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.