Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

Did you see the Saints Row IV box art? It's AMAZING

• 68 results
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Winternet

It's ok. It's not that special, though.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I still don't like the VR premise - that basically gives them an out to say, "The last 20 hours? They don't count."

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jouseldelka said:

@leebmx said:

I'm not sure what is so amazing about that eye-fucking mess of a cover. Really have some bad feelings about this game, it's looking more desperate and cheap with everything I see. Hopefully I am wrong.

Nah you're quite right

Other than the hilarious certainty that @jouseldelka seems to have about a game that isn't even out yet, SR3 was pretty awesome. If this is the quality of SR3 but I can fly around and use a FUCKING DUBSTEP GUN, I'm happy. Also that cover encapsulates everything SR is now, big, dumb and eye-fucking 98% of the time.

His worries that I assured weren't that the game will not be like the awesome SR3, but rather that it is a desperate and cheap quasi sequel. Meaning that it will be a 60 dollar SR3 with a dub step gun and some new items and abilities.

You seem to be excited for that cheapness and that's fine by me, more power to you, but it is in fact cheapness, which is what the dude was worried about. And I'm certain because the "game" is set in the same town, has the same aesthetic and animations and engine, was initially planned as downloadable content for SR3, and based on the fact that all the developer had to showcase in their trailers was super powers and new guns, those additions don't exactly qualify for a new full price sequel. Unless it was desperate and cheap, which is what I've confirmed here today.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@slyspider said:

@jouseldelka said:

@leebmx said:

I'm not sure what is so amazing about that eye-fucking mess of a cover. Really have some bad feelings about this game, it's looking more desperate and cheap with everything I see. Hopefully I am wrong.

Nah you're quite right

Other than the hilarious certainty that @jouseldelka seems to have about a game that isn't even out yet, SR3 was pretty awesome. If this is the quality of SR3 but I can fly around and use a FUCKING DUBSTEP GUN, I'm happy. Also that cover encapsulates everything SR is now, big, dumb and eye-fucking 98% of the time.

His worries that I assured weren't that the game will not be like the awesome SR3, but rather that it is a desperate and cheap quasi sequel. Meaning that it will be a 60 dollar SR3 with a dub step gun and some new items and abilities.

You seem to be excited for that cheapness and that's fine by me, more power to you, but it is in fact cheapness, which is what the dude was worried about. And I'm certain because the "game" is set in the same town, has the same aesthetic and animations and engine, was initially planned as downloadable content for SR3, and based on the fact that all the developer had to showcase in their trailers was super powers and new guns, those additions don't exactly qualify for a new full price sequel. Unless it was desperate and cheap, which is what I've confirmed here today.

You seem to be speaking in a lot of absolutes about things you can't possibly know yet.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

@jouseldelka said:

@slyspider said:

@jouseldelka said:

@leebmx said:

Nah you're quite right

You seem to be speaking in a lot of absolutes about things you can't possibly know yet.

And this misconception that all of SRIV was at one point DLC for 3 is getting old. Considering how quickly, after they announced the Dominatrix DLC, they cancelled it and said they'd include it in SRIV, it's insane to think that they were already done with it and just decided to make it standalone. That couldn't possibly be the case.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By JouselDelka
    Loading Video...

@shagge: What do you see in that video?

I am no Sith, my good man!

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I guess if you squint you could maybe convince yourself the two women look like Shawndee and Kinzie but the dude in the middle? He looks like the most boring waste of space on that cover to me. The whole game is about just making him/her look however you want and it would have been perfect if they came up with a clever way to represent that.

I say boo but I'm probably alone on this one, and I'm okay with that.

I had the same thought, actually. I only played Saints Row 3, but it was as a Kanye West lookalike. This boxart doesn't represent SR to me.

It's not bad boxart, but my Saints Row experience will be a lot more of me and Pierce, hopefully.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

It's alright. Also, Kinzie sucks.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jouseldelka: I see an iterative sequel. There's nothing wrong with not rebuilding everything from the ground up each time.

I'm not saying that it's not disappointing that it's Steelport again, with some heavy reusing of assets. I'm just saying that it's more than a little presumptuous to say that you know the quality of the final game, or the true circumstances of its development, based on what's been shown.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the box art, I just wish I was more excited about this game.

Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

Just take my money now! Such a great cover.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By leebmx

@shagge said:

@jouseldelka said:

@slyspider said:

@jouseldelka said:

@leebmx said:

Nah you're quite right

And this misconception that all of SRIV was at one point DLC for 3 is getting old. Considering how quickly, after they announced the Dominatrix DLC, they cancelled it and said they'd include it in SRIV, it's insane to think that they were already done with it and just decided to make it standalone. That couldn't possibly be the case.

Its not that its just the DLC thing, it is also the fact it is set in the same city with just some alien add-ons from what I have seen. It just seems very remiscent of the sequel to Crackdown. It really seems as if they are pushing out a new game far too fast and I haven't seen anything to disabuse me of the notion that the final product will be compromised. Of course, as I said, I could be wrong and the game will be excellent, but nothing points to that at the moment. The only thing people seem to be excited about is the dubstep gun, which honestly, is an OK joke which will tire very quickly.

This is coming from someone who really enjoyed the SR3 where I thought their crude humour had enough bite, subtlety and some genuine invention. It is a really hard line to tread and once you fall over the other side it just becomes crass and borish. I realise that trailers are generally not a good way to judge humour in games as they reliably go for the lowest common denominator so I am prepared to give the game a pass until I see reviews or get to play it but I am not hopeful at the moment.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AMERICA!!!!

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea of the artwork, but not the style of it. The graphical style of SRIII went more cartoonish than it's predecessors. I wish the promo art did the same.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a sea of horrible generic covers... no one should talk bad about this one. At least some effort was put into it.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jouseldelka said:

Funny shit. But SR3 was more than enough for me, this new game looks like a cheap shot DLC sequel.

Watch a gameplay video. It actually looks more like Crackdown 3 than Saints Row 4.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

as some one who plays as the mexican female it kinda sucks but looks good otherwise

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I love the cover. Worried about the quality of the game....expansion turned full title, sold to the highest bidder. I really hope it comes together in the end!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.