Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

What was your favourite ending? (Spoilers)

• 57 results
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

you can't beat gangstas in space

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By NinjaHunter

I saved the girls. They needed a hero and I was fast, strong and larger than life.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Gangster's in Space, by far. The other one wasn't that bad, but it was outright lame in comparison to what happens during the other ending. The KillBane QTE was pretty bleh, and shooting down Cyrus in his VTOL wasn't nearly as thrilling nor memorable as trekking through ''Mars'' with Gat.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Animasta said:

you can't beat gangstas in space

@NinjaHunter said:

I saved the girls. They needed a hero and I was fast, strong and larger than life.

@Abyssfull said:

Gangster's in Space, by far. The other one wasn't that bad, but it was outright lame in comparison to what happens during the other ending. The KillBane QTE was pretty bleh, and shooting down Cyrus in his VTOL wasn't nearly as thrilling nor memorable as trekking through ''Mars'' with Gat.

Exactly. That bit was batshit crazy and I am so glad no one spoiled that one for me.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cutyoface

I preferred saving the girls. Gangstas in Space was hilarious.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel

Oh man, they were both so satisfying. I can't choose!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hizang

What bummed me out is I did the save the girls first, then did the second one. But now it means I'm left in a world where the girls no longer exists, which kinda sucks.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By MikeGosot

Beating Killbane, by far. The Gansgtas in Space mission was pretty "meh". I feel like i'm the only one who FUCKIN' LOVED killing Bane. It was a surprising tough choice to make, but i felt like that was the logical step.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By hbkdx12

Saving the girls (which is what i originally chose cuz why wouldn't you show loyalty to pretty much the only person in the story that seems to truly care about Gat & the saints) was better than killing Killbane but taking down the daedalus was  better than gangstas in space

@Hizang: How so? You should still have access to them in your phone

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hbkdx12
    @MikeGosot: I really wish they would've gave killbane to hogan and actually let a hispanic actor play angel. 

Granted, angel seems to be written as a rather boring character, not suggesting that hogan makes him that way but it's just kind weird to hear hulk hogan voice this small spanish wrestler
    MrXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By MrXD

Gangstas in SPPAAAAAAAACCCCCE!!

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MikeGosot
    @hbkdx12 said:
    @MikeGosot: I really wish they would've gave killbane to hogan and actually let a hispanic actor play angel.   Granted, angel seems to be written as a rather boring character, not suggesting that hogan makes him that way but it's just kind weird to hear hulk hogan voice this small spanish wrestler
    Killbane's lines were full of style, it would fit Hogan pretty well, i would love to see Hogan saying "YOU'RE FLYING TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN, LITTLE ICARUS!"... But i love Bane's voice. I just think Angel should be more "REVENGE BROTHER! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!".
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@hbkdx12 said:

@MikeGosot: I really wish they would've gave killbane to hogan and actually let a hispanic actor play angel. Granted, angel seems to be written as a rather boring character, not suggesting that hogan makes him that way but it's just kind weird to hear hulk hogan voice this small spanish wrestler

Yeah, I wonder what that would of been like.

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Blubba

I was kinda bummed by both to be honest.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By damswedon

@MikeGosot said:

@hbkdx12 said:
    @MikeGosot: I really wish they would've gave killbane to hogan and actually let a hispanic actor play angel. Granted, angel seems to be written as a rather boring character, not suggesting that hogan makes him that way but it's just kind weird to hear hulk hogan voice this small spanish wrestler
    Killbane's lines were full of style, it would fit Hogan pretty well, i would love to see Hogan saying "YOU'RE FLYING TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN, LITTLE ICARUS!"... But i love Bane's voice. I just think Angel should be more "REVENGE BROTHER! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!".

I think the miscasting of Hogan is the joke. We think that Hogan is obviously going to play the over the top and menacing character so to give him the more spiritual role is much funnier. Or maybe this is just me hoping that volition are actually thinking about all this stunt casting super seriously.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Everything before you actually save the girls was amazing. After you save them though, it was pretty weak. I mean wtf happened to Viola? She's just fucking gone. I mean, what's the point of rescuing her if she has literally zero to do with anything after you get to her. I mean, they don't even show her being okay for goodness' sake.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zella

While I preferred the gameplay of saving the girls( found gangstas in space pretty boring), I really liked the story of taking down KillBane and Stag. I mean the Saints have their own freaking country now. Also love how they just ignore Viola's death in that ending as well.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MikeGosot
    @damswedon: Wow, i can understand that(If that's the case of course), but they missed a big, big, opportunity. Also, i still think Sasha Grey should've been... Sasha Grey.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ghostiet
    @damswedon said:

@MikeGosot said:

@hbkdx12 said:

I think the miscasting of Hogan is the joke. We think that Hogan is obviously going to play the over the top and menacing character so to give him the more spiritual role is much funnier. Or maybe this is just me hoping that volition are actually thinking about all this stunt casting super seriously.

Yeah, I think you are right. This could only be better if they cast the late Randy Savage. I'm also surprised Hogan actually pulled of a good performance.

The only thing that really disappointed me with the characters was the use of Viola. After that hilarious mission with kidnapping Josh, I expected a lot more - also, Grey's delivery was very uneven. She's hilarious in the mission with kidnapping Birk and stiff everywhere else.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

The "Good" one, where you save the day. I say this mainly because Killbane is a great villain and that it would mean he's still alive and could continue to make insider jokes about Pro Wrestling some more.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Flaboere

Save the girls. I couldn't leave them to die! And that "I need a hero" was just great.

Gangsta's in Space was great too.

Allthough, now, for some reason, I no longer have the darker guns you can chose, and can only use the other set.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By fox01313

After finally seeing the bad ending (after saving the girls on another playthrough), I was definitely wanting a bit more wacky stuff going on in the bad ending. I really really hope that the dlc mission based stuff coming soon channels the ending from the good one (saving the girls) & goes even more bizarre levels of crazy with them.

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JRM

@Flaboere: Agreed, that song was awesome and saving the girls was the obvious choice for me. Kicking ass on Mars = pretty damn sweet.

Anyone else think the final fight with Killbane was pretty weak?

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lusence

GANGSTAS' IN SPAAAAACE! And saving shaundi to that 'i need a hero' song was classic cheese. thee good kind. I was actually a little disapointed with the other ending although it kind of tied things up better story wise. You just cant beat 'i need a hero' and the classic death scenes in Gangstas In Space. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By OneManX

Save the Girls... Bonnie Tyler started playing, and I knew I made the right choice.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By defaultprophet

@Hizang said:

What bummed me out is I did the save the girls first, then did the second one. But now it means I'm left in a world where the girls no longer exists, which kinda sucks.

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By sixpin

@DefaultProphet said:

@Hizang said:

I did the same thing, but fortunately I have a save right before the Murderbrawl XXXL match. I'm so going to do that all over just to save Shaundi in my 100% game.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hosstile17

I would have to go with the Killing the bad dudes ending. Taking down the colonel in that VTOL was pretty rad. The whole floating battle platform base was awesome.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By TobbRobb

Gangstas in space was prety funny, though the daedalus was more fun to play.

I saw absolutely 0 reason to go after Killbane rather than save 2 of your closest friends. Especially since he was on his way out of there anyways.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hizang

I'm playing through it again as a zombie dude now, pretty awesome. I'm going to do the bad ending first then save the girls after, that way the end game is the good world.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#32  Edited By D_W

The "bad" ending was by far the better mission and ending. Having them just become movies stars in the good ending was not nearly as interesting as having the declared Steelpoint a citystate.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@sixpin said:

@DefaultProphet said:

@Hizang said:

I did the same thing, but fortunately I have a save right before the Murderbrawl XXXL match. I'm so going to do that all over just to save Shaundi in my 100% game.

I don't think that's how it works, though. I saved the girls first, then did the second ending but I can still call Shaundi or Viola as homies so...

Saving the girls was definitely my favorite ending because it was the good ending and the decision I would envision my protagonist taking.

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By sixpin

@FluxWaveZ said:

@sixpin said:

@DefaultProphet said:

@Hizang said:

I don't think that's how it works, though. I saved the girls first, then did the second ending but I can still call Shaundi or Viola as homies so...

Saving the girls was definitely my favorite ending because it was the good ending and the decision I would envision my protagonist taking.

Oh well, that sucks. Guess the girls won't be in Saints Row 4.

BlaineBlaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BlaineBlaine

Bonnie Tyler really only works for saving the girls. I even went via water to complete the Short Circuit 2 theme. 

I mean, granted it's thinking waaay too much into it but... like... save the girls makes sense. You can always find Kill Bane later, right? I mean it might take you a few years but you'll find him. I want Burt Reynolds and Sasha Grey in the continued fiction, so it's the only choice.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GTCknight

While I really liked Gangstas In Space (I did that ending first) but, I found myself really liking the kill Killbane one better because of the insane "Hey we are own nation as of now" ending. I simply couldn't get over the way that entire scene was done.

But in the end, both endings are amazing and need to be seen to be believed.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By artelinarose

Saving the girls and it felt fucking AWESOME doing it to that song oh my god what a great end mission

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GTCknight

After having read some of the posts on here I think it should be noted that the reveal at the end of Gangstas In Space was that everything was simply the Saints filming their movie. As in it never actually happened in their world. Where as in the "Bad" ending everything was real and the Saints declare themselves as a nation separate from America or whatever government operates their country.

Thus if a Saints Row 4 comes out. It will either be the Saints conquering the country (If not the world) or some brand new tale, with zero ties to Saints Row: The Third other than some of the Characters.

DBrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DBrim

I liked the good ending better because of Space, but there were some fun aspects to the bad ending, too.

My enjoyment of the bad ending was also enhanced by the fact that I actually had the respect to be impervious. I bet some of the parts on the last mission would have been pretty hard without it.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By Commisar123

I loved the ending talk between Boss and Pierce so I think it was the one where you get Killbane

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By huntad

I liked the 'save the girl' ending, because I thought it wrapped up nicely. I liked the other ending when my guy dropped the phone when asked, "was it worth it?", because it had a cool emotional twist. After that, it just went all crazy again, and kind of lost what I had. They are both great, though.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#42  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

The Red Faction ending was pretty cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude.

Gangstas.

In.

SPACE.

Nuff said.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By captain_clayman

@Hizang said:

load a save? i saved after like every mission because i never knew what was gonna happen and so i could get the achievements for finishing the acts both ways.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SlightConfuse

THe song that plays at the end is amazing, got the blood pumping. Save the girls ending becasue it seemed like the most logical thing to do. killing Kia was lame though

I really like in the bad ending when pierce goes "was it Worth It"

both were well done but gansters in space was crazy. i wonder wich one will be cannon though,

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SuperWristBands

I preferred saving the girls because the song made sense and it is what I felt was right. Leaving Killbane alive was kinda shitty but, yeah, had to save Burt Reynolds. Didn't care for Ganstas in Space all that much. It was fine but didn't really do anything for me. I laughed at the ridiculousness of the idea of being on Mars and at the first "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!", but that was it.

I also liked the kill Killbane end (but not as much) because, as it has been mentioned in this thread already, the line "was it worth it?" was enough for me. After that part was lame though. Should have let the emotion linger on the Shaundi/Burt stuff but instead it went crazy and forced me to fight a plane that seemed invincible for most of the fight.

So I liked the first parts of both endings but not the seconds parts.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#47  Edited By Sooperspy

I loved the Ganstas in Space ending. When Gat, Shaundi, and Pierce die, its hilarious. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#48  Edited By spazmaster666

Still haven't played the other ending (the "bad" one) so I can't comment but from what Jeff and Vinny talked about during the GOTY podcast, I definitely need to play it at some point. But I agree that "Gangstas in Space" was pretty damn awesome (I'm also looking forward to the space DLC as well; fuck it, I think I'm gonna buy the season pass.)

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AuthenticM

I prefered the city-state ending. The mars ending was a letdown. Not even funny.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#50  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I really enjoyed the negative ending. The battle with Killbane was kind of lame, but the story around that QTE was excellent. I hope that's the canonical ending if they decide to make a 4th with these characters, though truth be told with Gat gone, I'd almost prefer they started with a fresh batch. Maybe with the Boss - goddamn, I thought he came into his own as a protagonist this time around. "I read Jane Eyre 12 times!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.