Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Serious Sam: The First Encounter

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 21, 2001

A first-person shooter where players shoot hordes of relentless monsters while trying to save Earth from Mental and his forces.

Serious discount on Steam

Nintendude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Nintendude

Sry for the pun, 65% could be called quite serious anyway.

Thinking of getting this. I'm really into XBLA games right now and might prefer to get it for Xbox360 but getting it half the price (and earlier) for PC sounds really nice and I just might have to go with Steam this time. I used to play the demos of  FIrst and Second Encounter and later the full games on GameTap so I think mouse controls would be more nostalgic (and kind of better).

Anyway, just here to inform you guys. The offer is on till Monday so this is the best time to get it.

Shinri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shinri

I thought it was 66%?  

Not that it makes much difference, but eh.
    Sanaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Sanaj

I'm somewhat unsure as to whether or not Serious Sam HD is worth it. 

Painkiller provides old school non-stop FPS action and it has a much more unconventional / interesting weapon set. 
    You start out with a weapon that pins baddies to walls with big wooden stakes.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

I seriously regret buying Steam games early anymore (I bought SSHD at full price :/ ).

SSHD is pretty cool though.  I'd recommend it for the discount price, why not.  Then again I'm pretty sick of Painkiller by now so I don't know which I'd recommend to a newbie to both.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Pie

Might be trying to sell a load before it comes to XBLA this Wednesday 

Nintendude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Nintendude
    @Diamond said:
    " I seriously regret buying Steam games early anymore (I bought SSHD at full price :/ ).  SSHD is pretty cool though.  I'd recommend it for the discount price, why not.  Then again I'm pretty sick of Painkiller by now so I don't know which I'd recommend to a newbie to both. "
    Actually I've never bought anything full priced on Steam and looking at the good games discounted I'm not planning to anytime soon. Digital games over 10€ will rarely go trough my cart anyway, discounted or not.
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jonnyboy
    @Pie said:
    "Might be trying to sell a load before it comes to XBLA this Wednesday "
    I did'nt realise it was comming out so soon. I had my finger over the mouse button ready to buy this this morning, but decided to wait for the XBLA version. I've just built a new PC and I'm fully aware that  Mouse and Keyboard is the way to go, but this to me is the same type of game as L4D, the 'have a few drinks and have a laugh with you mates online' kind of game and we just prefer doing that over Xbox Live.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.