Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jan 21, 2009

Skate 2 adds additional trick modifiers, a wide-open career mode, and a host of new multiplayer content to the original Skate formula.

Time is money. Skate 2 going the NFS.undercover route?

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By KillaMaStA

I just noticed the thing you can buy in PSN store, "Time is Money" which unlocks absolutely everything in skate 2(locations, gear .etc)

Do you find this to be as dirty as i do? I hate that its there, so everything i spend hours trying to get can be unlocked by just paying for it. To me this just makes getting anything in that game not rewarding at all. You should get stuff for actually playing skate 2.

Is this what  every game will have now, is this the end of the world???

najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By najaf

I disagree. I love the reward of unlocking new locations and items in games. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I complete a game as well. But the truth is there are people out there that want to use the cheats in the Sims so they can build and live in fancy houses. They don't want to 'earn' the money. There are also people who want to pay 2 bucks for the Elvis suit in Tiger Woods 09 (I did) to get full stats at the start of the game. After all, I only rented it from gamefly and had little time to invest in legitimately upgrading my player. That, and it was worth it to me. I'm sure it would not take too long, but I don't for one second regret my purchase.

While these types of things used to come in the form of cheat codes (like money in the Sims), I do not hold it against the companies that have found people are willing to pay for them. With regard to skate2, I believe they titled this option perfectly. Time is money. While I am enjoying the hours I sink into this game, not everyone has that time. Maybe there's a busy professional out there who only wants to sneak a few 5 minute sessions here and there when he gets home to relive his glory days. Maybe he feels it would be worth a few bucks to have access to everything. Maybe there are skaters out there who absolutely hate some of the 'tony hawkish' objectives and only want to set up film lines without all the structure of the story mode. This is an option after all. It's not hurting you, or me, or 'him' by having this available.

People see these large companies as the bad guys for having what are completely optional unlock purchases. In the end I think most are forgetting that this whole system is business; providing a service in order to make a profit. EA along with others are simply seeing the potential fruits of giving people who want it an option to buy in. No harm, no foul.

Avatar image for aimingwandersly
    AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AimingWandersly

i find it a little odd that they're trying to monetize unlockables and not actual skill points.

seeing as how it's skate, what benefit would there be to having access to the couple of unlocked zones and extra clothing at the beginning of the game? you've got no reason to need to get to any of the unlockables until they actually unlock. it's a weird choice for this series, even though it makes sense coming from EA.

freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By freezerr
    KillaMaStA said:
    "is this the end of the world???"

Yes.
    FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By FlipperDesert

What's it matter? EA's a business (they like to make profits), and those sucka' fools have to pay for the easy way out. If you could unlock everything for free I'd be more annoyed, at least this way it still cost them something.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By dsplayer1010

That's fucking stupid

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Bullet_Jr

I thought it was the stupidest thing I ever saw. I was stoked to see that there was DLC but severely disappointed to find that it was only something I could earn on my own.

I was hoping to find downloadable characters, clothes or gear but no, EA gives us the shaft.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By JoelTGM

I don't get why people care about this.  If you find the game too difficult go ahead and buy all that stuff, if you actually like playing the game you already payed for, then play it.  Seriously, just stop worrying about it and play your game.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bullet_Jr
    DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "I don't get why people care about this.  If you find the game too difficult go ahead and buy all that stuff, if you actually like playing the game you already payed for, then play it.  Seriously, just stop worrying about it and play your game."
    It's just a disappointment, if you were half as stoked as I was for Skate2, then you might have the faintest idea of why this is such a big deal.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_
    Bullet_Jr said:
    "DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "I don't get why people care about this.  If you find the game too difficult go ahead and buy all that stuff, if you actually like playing the game you already payed for, then play it.  Seriously, just stop worrying about it and play your game."
    It's just a disappointment, if you were half as stoked as I was for Skate2, then you might have the faintest idea of why this is such a big deal.
    "
    How is it disappointing? It doesn't affect your playthrough in any way. You can completely ignore it and forget it exists. It's ridiculous and irrational to launch into tirades like the OP on something so meaningless.
    AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AimingWandersly
    DOUBLESHOCK said:
    except that this dlc doesn't even help you any...that's what i'm confused about. don't care if they sell it or not, i won't buy it, i'm just confused as to who would. it won't make you a better skater...
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it unlock the achievements? Cause the last two Pro challenges I have left are making me fucking crazy. I've gotten everything else outta the way.
    I HATE YOU JASON DILL YOU WORLD CLASS DIRTBAG AND FUCK OFF BACK TO FRANCE LUCAS WITH YOU STUPID TRANSLATION!

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Drebin_893

I think that it's very clever, no one's forcing you to buy it.

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By tokyochicken

Eh, I think DLC like this is kind of dirty but like jayge said, just ignore it if you don't like it, Vote with you wallets, if this stuff doesn''t rub you the right way just forget about it, the same shit happens with namco and with its DLC tyhat allows you to buy level ups in Tales of Vesperia. 

AimingWandersly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AimingWandersly
    TeflonBilly said:
    "Does it unlock the achievements? Cause the last two Pro challenges I have left are making me fucking crazy. I've gotten everything else outta the way.
    I HATE YOU JASON DILL YOU WORLD CLASS DIRTBAG AND FUCK OFF BACK TO FRANCE LUCAS WITH YOU STUPID TRANSLATION!"
    i'm about 100% positive that no dlc will ever actually buy you an achievement, and in particular this dlc won't even make it easier to get them.

also, i'm finding translation difficult as well, and i started a thread for tips and suggestions. don't even remember jason dill's pro challenge...all i've got left is translation now.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    KillaMaStA said:
    Do you find this to be as dirty as i do?
      yeah that sucks and makes me angry

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.