Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skull & Bones

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Feb 16, 2024

Skull & Bones is a naval combat game from Ubisoft Singapore.

Skull & Bones...maybe it should have stayed dead?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

Oy, vey! Are they still trying to put this out? Why? I'll admit I was interested before they said it would be multiplayer and full of paid DLC, but now...meh. https://kotaku.com/skull-bones-assassin-s-creed-black-flag-ubisoft-release-1848859472

I just want Assassin's Creed: 4 Black Flag without the AC bits. I certainly don't want a damn monetary system game, full of 14 year old idiots making everyone miserable who tries to play it.

Just tell me I can play offline? If I can play offline and there's a bit of single player story...I'll think about it. If not let it die.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I always thought it was hilarious that they wanted to make a game solely based off the boat stuff from AC3 and 4 since I adamantly believed that the boat stuff in those games was 100% the worst part of any AC game. But apparently I'm in the minority and people really really loved all that boat stuff.

YouDigress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The boat stuff was bad. I remember when I thought Blood Wake was somehow the Halo killer and i bought that instead of Halo and had friends over. Truthfully, I just didn't want to get ripped a new one like I had been in Perfect Dark and Goldeneye. It was clear I was scared to spend top dollar and lose at my own game, by not getting Halo.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Considering the insane amount of money they've dumped into this project and the complications with the Singaporean government, this seems more like an elaborate money laundering scheme than an actual game in development.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

AC4 somehow being a spiritual successor to Sid Meier's Pirates was cool and I loved the boat stuff. But I have zero interest in Boat Stuff: The Game. I predict this launches and shuts down within 12 months.

El_Blarfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By El_Blarfo
    @chaser324 said:

Considering the insane amount of money they've dumped into this project and the complications with the Singaporean government, this seems more like an elaborate money laundering scheme than an actual game in development.

When Grubb was talking about Ubisoft's woes yesterday, this game didn't come up, but it basically sounds like Ubi needs a hit. Badly. They really need one of their big projects in development to pay out. So I think there's a certain amount of sunk cost fallacy at work here.

Or maybe it IS dodgy accounting practices! Who knows! What a terrible company!

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@chaser324: Governments and corporations just steal stuff?

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Skull & Bones was always marketed as some sort of online PVP boat battling game.

I didn't see that having much legs to be honest. I liked the boat stuff in assassins creed games fine, but i would not have done all that if there wasn't a big singleplayer game surrounding it.

Guns of Icarus is a similar PVP (air)ship game, and while that's definitly a good time to boot up for an hour with some friends, it's not something that i want to play over and over.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was always a multiplayer focused game.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
    spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't want the game to be the online thing it is but apparently I loved the ship stuff way more than other folks. I burnt myself out on Black Flag for awhile because I was hooked on that for like 40 hours. I loved sailing around just getting into fights. One night I was on the beers and found a 15 minute version of the Pirates of the Caribbean theme and hoo boy was that a blast while plundering. I just can't believe Ubi didn't just listen to the community and make the pirate game everyone wanted. They'll likely never take my money for this. Not to mention how they had that market pretty much cornered and now they have to deal with the likes of Sea of Thieves.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I loved the AC 4 boat stuff, and I loved Sid Meir's Pirates as well. The fact is ship are very cool; and 17th, 18th and 19th century ship are extremely cool. There would not be 60% of science fiction without stories of sailing ships captured imaginations in the 18th and 19th century.

Robert Louis Stevenson, Walter Scott, James Fenimore Cooper, Richard Henry Dana, Herman Melville, Rudyard Kipling, Jules Vern, and Jack London. Before there was science fiction, the romantics brought us Sea-Fiction. Anyone who doesn't love sailing ships, I will just never understand.

enthalpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Wow, I read this as a reference to Skull and Crossbones, which was terrible but that we rented a whole lot. This one should definitely stay dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.