Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Interactive Entertainment America

Company »

Sony Interactive Entertainment America is the North American subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment. SIEA is responsible for publishing and marketing Sony's hardware and software in that region.

Sept. 7th Playstation Event Speculation Thread

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm curious on what you duders think might be shown at the Playstation event in New York tomorrow. The PS4 slim seems like a no-brainer as is the Playstation Neo, but will they show any new games? Will we see Knack 2!? Let the speculation begin!

FloppySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Rumour has it the PSP is making a comeback. I'll post the rumours I heard on /v/. Take it with a grain of salt, obv.

- will be revealed on September 7th - set to be Sony's next generation handheld - new L2/R2 buttons - new L3/R3 buttons beneath the sticks - Share button just like on DualShock 4 - 720p multi-touchscreen - can be used for PS4 Remote-Play like the PS Vita - first playable at TGS 2016 - Crash Remaster Trilogy and Gravity Rush 2 will also launch for the device - new Little Big Planet game from Sumo Digital - new IP from SuckerPunch - Third Party games including Persona 5, World of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest X/XI - PS Trinity Games can be streamed to PS4 and can be played with a DualShock 4 controller - Spring 2017 launch - price: $249 with 128 GB internal storage

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I just want a PS4 Elite Controller equivalent. MS has theirs, and now it's Sony's turn. If they don't announce one here, I'm very tempted to just buy a modded controller. Games are complex these days, and face buttons are not the place for controls that require split-second timing. I feel it with Titanfall, Warframe, recent Call of Duty titles, Destiny, Overwatch, Borderlands, etc. There's no reason why there shouldn't be an official controller that answers the problem of "why can't I turn, jump, aim, and shoot at the same time?"

Best parody account ever.

@floppysnake said:

Rumour has it the PSP is making a comeback. I'll post the rumours I heard on /v/. Take it with a grain of salt, obv.

- will be revealed on September 7th - set to be Sony's next generation handheld - new L2/R2 buttons - new L3/R3 buttons beneath the sticks - Share button just like on DualShock 4 - 720p multi-touchscreen - can be used for PS4 Remote-Play like the PS Vita - first playable at TGS 2016 - Crash Remaster Trilogy and Gravity Rush 2 will also launch for the device - new Little Big Planet game from Sumo Digital - new IP from SuckerPunch - Third Party games including Persona 5, World of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest X/XI - PS Trinity Games can be streamed to PS4 and can be played with a DualShock 4 controller - Spring 2017 launch - price: $249 with 128 GB internal storage

I think Sony would have to be suicidal to go up against Nintendo if the NX rumors are true, but I'd still buy one IF

1) It can play every last one of my PS Plus Vita games.

2) ALL games can be saved to ANY SD card and/or USB storage device. No more of this preparatory storage BS, or screw them.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I think they're finally going to show the NX.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I pray to John Drake that we can finally change our PSN names. I was 15, under the influence of something, and was really into Guy Ritchie movies. I don't give out my PSN name to people.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: While I don't disagree that Sony should release an elite controller, can't you do what you describe with a "bumper jumper" type setup? Thumbs on thumbsticks for turning and aiming, R1 or L1 to jump, R2 or L2 to shoot. Though I'll admit that keeping both pointer and middle fingers on the bumpers is not as comfortable as it could be. You might also argue that the "throw" of the bumpers is too long for precision (the XB1 elite lets you put a stop in to ameliorate this.)

I would love a Vita follow up but how the heck could Sony get developers on board? Most Vita games at this point don't even use the power the system has, so it's not like Spelunky needs a new platform, and it seems even more insane to launch a dedicated handheld (if you're not Nintendo) than it did when Vita came out. There's also the fact that Vita is now looking like it might be opened for piracy, which killed PSP development, so that would make developers leary.

I think we might see a revamped Vita (Vita Neo even?) but will be very surprised if they announce a new handheld this week.

If they do I wouldn't mind if the memory is proprietary as long as they don't gouge on the price like they do with the Vita, where memory prices don't seem to have dropped at all since launch, despite MANY of the best games being digital only and the fact that all other kinds of similar memory has plummeted in cost since the Vita came out. I would love a 64 gig card (have 32 now) and I can afford it but I'm not buying out of principle. Sony can be a very consumer unfriendly company.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sloppydetective: I can sympathise...I loathe my PSN name and would pay good money to change it.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@sloppydetective said:

I pray to John Drake that we can finally change our PSN names. I was 15, under the influence of something, and was really into Guy Ritchie movies. I don't give out my PSN name to people.

SnatchLover? Seriously, it has to have something to do with Snatch, right? On the bright side, that is a really good movie. But yeah, name changing would be a good thing for a lot of people.

@bigsocrates said:

@spaceinsomniac: While I don't disagree that Sony should release an elite controller, can't you do what you describe with a "bumper jumper" type setup? Thumbs on thumbsticks for turning and aiming, R1 or L1 to jump, R2 or L2 to shoot. Though I'll admit that keeping both pointer and middle fingers on the bumpers is not as comfortable as it could be. You might also argue that the "throw" of the bumpers is too long for precision (the XB1 elite lets you put a stop in to ameliorate this.)

Not exactly. I already do use bumper jumper, but especially for games like Destiny or Call of Duty that require you to hold the jump button to stay in the air for longer, it's nowhere near as effective as a button that you could press while still holding the left and right triggers. Even with bumper jumper, all it allows you to do is jump, aim, and immediately start to fall. Doesn't matter for hip-fire, but when it comes to aiming, bumper jumper can't come close to competing with a modded or "Elite" controller.

Also, to use Titanfall 2 for example, I can map jump to one shoulder button, use R3 for one function, and the other shoulder button to map another function. Meanwhile, I have to worry about slide, grenades, melee attack, and player ability. I have to decide which two out of four additional commands I'd like to have instant access to, and which two I have to remove my thumbs from the control sticks for.

But yes, bumper jumper is still way better than using default controls.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

Embrace your crap PSN names, people. Revel in them!

I do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@spaceinsomniac: I tried my hardest to come up with a Guy Ritchie sounding name, so it's nothing overtly referencing one of his films. The name I came up with was taken though...so...I...added 666 to the end of it. And now I live in shame.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Apple and Sony doing the event on the same day, I'm expecting them to announce a partnership. I'm also expecting some of those WiFi Video Games and maybe the reveal of the NX.

Just kidding.

I think it's going to be focused mostly on VR stuff since it's coming out soon, they will also have the reveal of the Slim and the Neo and probably will show a bit more of some of the games they showed during E3, but with less orchestra.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Square Enix will probably announce at least 3 new games with no release dates, and continue to not talk about any of their other previously announced games.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to pull a Saturn and say that the PS4 Neo is in stores right now.
    Everyone will at the event will find one sticky taped to the bottom of their chairs.

Truth be told I'm more looking forward to their TGS show if only because of the likely chance of Danganronpa v3 being there.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yuuuuuuuuup.Pretty much the same story. I thought my PSN name was so fuckin cool and edgy. Goddammit, I hate it with a passion

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I would love some surprise handheld news, even if it's just a revamped Vita (unlikely as that is).

mjhwwbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mjhwwbg

Have the crew said if they are doing any sort of livestream for this?

Edit: Just seen that is indeed the plan

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.