Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Battlefront

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 17, 2015

Large-scale infantry Star Wars battles return in this reboot of the Star Wars: Battlefront series (from the studio behind the Battlefield series).

BETA: 1st or 3rd Person

jorjor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By jorjor

Poll BETA: 1st or 3rd Person (140 votes)

1st 45%
    3rd 37%
    Alternating 17%

Personally I feel like playing in 1st is just wrong for a Battlefront game. However I think that the aiming in 3rd has put me at a disadvantage at times like by thinking that I should be able to shot over this cover but am actually hitting the rock.

I think I'll stick to 3rd because of the nostalgia and I also don't like how the gun bounces in 1st person.

What do you duders think?

• 
    Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Steadying

First is really imerssive and stuff but third is just better if you wanna do good. I found myself playing mostly in third.

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Third all the way baby. It's how I played the first two.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

People played Battlefront in third person? The fuck? First person all the way, man.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

I've been alternating. Third definitely seems better when out in the open because of the increased awareness. I like switching to first when I'm inside the hangar/tunnels and in the trenches.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

In games where they give you the option and don't divide the perspectives based on server, the people playing in first-person are always at a disadvantage. It's nice that the option is there, but situational awareness is too important to ever use first-person.

NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I've left it on default, 1st person infantry, 3rd person vehicles, and never felt at an disadvantage, if you look at your radar you'll always know when someone is nearby.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Third person is the better option if you want to win. There's no penalty and it gives you a far better field of view. Third person is also amazing for Jetpack use you can kill dudes while mid-air a lot easier in third person.

Also never aim down your scope always hip fire because aiming gives you no advantage and does nothing but slow your movespeed down.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

@baronsamedi: Aiming feels necessary for me to hit targets at medium to long range because it puts a dot in the middle of the crosshair. I generally can't hit targets precisely using open crosshairs. But at close range hip fire is the way to go.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Third. First person is a major disadvantage due to the narrow field of view.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10 FinalDasa  Moderator

I've been doing 1st person for now but I saw that 3rd gives a better field of vision. I'll try both cause why not?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By musubi

Wait wait wait... you can play in 3rd person in this beta? The fuck?!

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ivdamke

@natetodamax: Yea it will of course still boil down to personal preference, but if you get used to hipfire you'll be at a slight advantage.

Wait wait wait... you can play in 3rd person in this beta? The fuck?!

Hold C, then tap C to switch between shoulders. No idea what button it is on controller though, I'd guess clicking one of the sticks.

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most annoying part is there isn't a default setting for third person so I don't have to constantly switch everytime I respawn.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fugoy said:

The most annoying part is there isn't a default setting for third person so I don't have to constantly switch everytime I respawn.

There is, it should be under game settings.

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fugoy said:

There absolutely is.

stachestash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I could fly better in first person. Them cockpit views are fucking rad!

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I dislike that when you stand next to a rock and just peak it in third person you can still have your sight on something but your shots hit the object you stand next too. Other than that, there isn't any advantage to first person.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3rd person, First person in this game sucks badly especially when trying to move around the glitchy environment. I hate the forced scope in first person too.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I tried playing in 3rd person, because of the old games, but it turns out I just can't stand it in this one, so 1st person.

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started in first person, switched to third person and never switched back since.
    The situational awareness is just too big of an advantage compared to first person, which kinda feels claustrophobic even with increased FoV.

@atwa said:

I dislike that when you stand next to a rock and just peak it in third person you can still have your sight on something but your shots hit the object you stand next too. Other than that, there isn't any advantage to first person.

That's a major issue I've had with the ground vehicles, pretty much never trust the crosshairs always watch where the shots are actually going/landing. Too bad those don't have a first person view :(

BR4DL3I9H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I go for 3rd person. I started in 1st and switched after about an hour. 3rd person makes it a little harder to take shots from behind cover, but you are a lot more aware of your surroundings in 3rd person, like knowing from which direction someone is shooting, which is a huge pro for me. Also, I favour 3rd person shooters more anyway. I really dug PvZ: Garden Warfare, and if it wasn't for a Humbe Bundle sale I would never have even played it. That game made me more aware of how much I like 3rd person FPSs and this BETA made me realize how much I love it in the Star Wars universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.