Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Battlefront

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 17, 2015

Large-scale infantry Star Wars battles return in this reboot of the Star Wars: Battlefront series (from the studio behind the Battlefield series).

Season Pass Problem

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
    deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I Have been playing this game with the EA Access trial and I am loving it best multiplayer game I played in awhile, but the season pass is 70$!! what's up with that ? I will probably buy it because it's buy it or fuck off and don't experience the new maps, but 70$ if I buy it, it gives other developers the ok to charge 70$ for DLC. Is any one passing on this game because of this ? or are most people dumb like me and going to buy it.

Edit: This is in Canada the pass in 50$ in the U.S and £40

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I think you should wait and see what is in the season pass, at least until the first content in it rolls out. Maybe it turns out to be something you don't want or maybe you're not interested in playing the game anymore at that point. It's not like you have to buy the Season Pass up front.

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
    deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@darkbeatdk: Ya with all the games that came out the last few weeks I am definitely waiting to buy the season pass.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Hayt

The 10 bucks you save for buying the season pass rather than the DLC individually isn't worth the consumer power you give up in the process.

euantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hayt said:

The 10 bucks you save for buying the season pass rather than the DLC individually isn't worth the consumer power you give up in the process.

This exactly. I'll always wait to see how the first DLC at least turns out before jumping into anything now. I've made the mistake of buying season passes in the past.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My game pile is now

Fallout 4

MGSV The Phantom Pain

Mad Max

The Witcher III

Tropico 5

Rory McIllroy's Golf

and now Star Wars Battlefront

No way am I shelling $50 for a season pass.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I don't think I've ever seen a season pass where all the content was good and the discount almost never makes it worthwhile. There's often one or two good pieces of content, but it's also usually cheaper to buy those by themselves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.