Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Game » consists of 34 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Set before the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, The Force Unleashed casts the player as Darth Vader's secret apprentice tasked with hunting down the last of the Jedi Order.

I think my lightsabre is broken.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Boiglenoight

It felt like the lightsabre was more or less a glowing stick rather than something that could cut through fools like a hot knife through a frozen block of K-Y.  Seriously, if you hit someone and they don't die instantly, it's not a flipping lightsabre.  Maybe the demo is a training mission and Darth has started you out on one of those battery powered plastic light wands you can buy at CVS during Christmas time, I don't know.

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By and333
    keef said:
    "It felt like the lightsabre was more or less a glowing stick rather than something that could cut through fools like a hot knife through a frozen block of K-Y.  Seriously, if you hit someone and they don't die instantly, it's not a flipping lightsabre.  Maybe the demo is a training mission and Darth has started you out on one of those battery powered plastic light wands you can buy at CVS during Christmas time, I don't know."
    I think you level up in the full game and your power goes up not sure tho. Also people give the lightsaber to much power in a video game yah sure in the star wars movies a light saber was the most powerful thing ever but in video games those rules don't always apply, if they did the game would be no fun cause it wouldn't be challenging!
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

i think your titles wrong it should say my baseball bat is working fine  :P

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#4  Edited By Soap
    and333 said:
    "keef said:
    "It felt like the lightsabre was more or less a glowing stick rather than something that could cut through fools like a hot knife through a frozen block of K-Y.  Seriously, if you hit someone and they don't die instantly, it's not a flipping lightsabre.  Maybe the demo is a training mission and Darth has started you out on one of those battery powered plastic light wands you can buy at CVS during Christmas time, I don't know."
    I think you level up in the full game and your power goes up not sure tho. Also people give the lightsaber to much power in a video game yah sure in the star wars movies a light saber was the most powerful thing ever but in video games those rules don't always apply, if they did the game would be no fun cause it wouldn't be challenging!"

I tend to agree, a lot of people complained that it doesn't feel like a lightsabre because you don't slice people up with one hit, usually there response to that making the game to easy was to just throw in more bad guys..... but then your left with Dynasty Warriors....and that's worse.

(Although, tbh a deep dark part of me holds a love for Dynasty Warriors that knows no sense or logic. :D)
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    Soap said:
    "and333 said:
    "keef said:
    I think you level up in the full game and your power goes up not sure tho. Also people give the lightsaber to much power in a video game yah sure in the star wars movies a light saber was the most powerful thing ever but in video games those rules don't always apply, if they did the game would be no fun cause it wouldn't be challenging!"

I tend to agree, a lot of people complained that it doesn't feel like a lightsabre because you don't slice people up with one hit, usually there response to that making the game to easy was to just throw in more bad guys..... but then your left with Dynasty Warriors....and that's worse.

(Although, tbh a deep dark part of me holds a love for Dynasty Warriors that knows no sense or logic. :D)"
    Dynasty warriors is the shit  ^.^ 
    and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By and333
    Soap said:
    "and333 said:
    "keef said:

(Although, tbh a deep dark part of me holds a love for Dynasty Warriors that knows no sense or logic. :D)"
    I agree with yah about dynasty warriors haven't played tons but its fun just killing seas of bad guys!
    DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DARKIDO07

This game is called the FORCE Unleashed NOT The Lightsaber  Unleashed, they really wanted you to use forcepowers not the lightsaber.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    DARKIDO07 said:
    "This game is called the FORCE Unleashed NOT The Lightsaber  Unleashed, they really wanted you to use forcepowers not the lightsaber."
    then why give you a light saber at all.
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#9  Edited By Soap
    ZombieHunter said:
    "DARKIDO07 said:
    "This game is called the FORCE Unleashed NOT The Lightsaber  Unleashed, they really wanted you to use forcepowers not the lightsaber."
    then why give you a light saber at all."
    Would anyone accept a star wars game with no light sabers? I doubt it lol
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    Soap said:
    "ZombieHunter said:
    "DARKIDO07 said:
    then why give you a light saber at all."
    Would anyone accept a star wars game with no light sabers? I doubt it lol"
    i know im just trying to make a point :P id rather they be a more enemies that did more damage it that made it  one hit kill saber 
    Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Boiglenoight

If you made a game with a lightsabre that actually functioned like a lightsabre, and then framed the gameplay around that, you'd have a bad game. Bad as in Michael Jackson bad.

As is, we've got God of War with force powers, where you beat people with a glow stick rather than hellish meathook chains.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    keef said:
    "If you made a game with a lightsabre that actually functioned like a lightsabre, and then framed the gameplay around that, you'd have a bad game. Bad as in Michael Jackson bad.

As is, we've got God of War with force powers, where you beat people with a glow stick rather than hellish meathook chains."
    i really dont see your point 
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By suneku

It's not the only Star Wars game where lightsabres don't kill in one hit, KoTOR for example. It's probably to just make fighting enemies not too easy.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Boiglenoight
    ZombieHunter said:
    "keef said:
    "If you made a game with a lightsabre that actually functioned like a lightsabre, and then framed the gameplay around that, you'd have a bad game. Bad as in Michael Jackson bad.

As is, we've got God of War with force powers, where you beat people with a glow stick rather than hellish meathook chains."
    i really dont see your point "
    *prepares lecture with charts and graphs of how lightsabres function compared to wiffle bats*
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    suneku said:
    "It's not the only Star Wars game where lightsabres don't kill in one hit, KoTOR for example. It's probably to just make fighting enemies not too easy."
    well if they had more sith in forced unleash you could have so dynamic light saber fights 
    Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Boiglenoight

It's been a while and I'm growing old, so my memory is not so good, but didn't the lightsabre in JK II slice and dice folks, save the Jedi you fought?  I remember arms and nonsense flying around.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Vaxadrin

They could compensate for it by throwing other things at you.  Maybe give the enemies energy shields or heavy ranged attacks.  It's purely an aesthetic problem, because it looks so wrong.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lemegeton

yeah the lightsaber is retarded in this game. give me jedi knight 2 and jedi academy anyday. Best lightsabers in video games period.

Forrest7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Forrest7

I think it's fun doing all those long combos on stormtroopers.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    Lemegeton said:
    "yeah the lightsaber is retarded in this game. give me jedi knight 2 and jedi academy anyday. Best lightsabers in video games period.
    "
    i agree  mainly cause one hit kill and when you cut some ones arm of it went slow mo 
    Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By Termite

If you can't cut through dudes, it's not a light sabre.

Vader gave you plastic rod and your dude is too stupid to notice it...that's the best answer I can come up with.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    Termite said:
    "If you can't cut through dudes, it's not a light sabre.

Vader gave you plastic rod and your dude is too stupid to notice it...that's the best answer I can come up with."
    i get it a joke on the new guy CLASSIC 
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By mike

Agreed.  I'll just rent Force Unleashed now, I can't see myself wanting to play through it more than once.  You suck, LucasArts.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By DualReaver

I wish it was like the PC ones, where you could type in G_Saberrealisticombat 1 and have some fun. :D

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By SpikeDelight
    keef said:
    Haha my sentiments exactly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.