Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Am I The Only One?...

hxcaleb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hxcaleb

Who went from being mildly interested in this game, to being extremely excited for it? I have never preordered an MMO, but I did for this one...given I did it with my refund check from my college, but still. I'm extremely excited for it. December 20th could not come quicker.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By newhaap

Are you playing the beta?

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Liber

I will wait until it goes Free to play .. because it obviously will.

I give it 6 months.

Avatar image for nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor
    nomorehalfmeasuresdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I was excited. Now I'm not.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

This thread title makes me want to hang myself, but luckily for me it makes me want to hang you more.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Sooty

I was kinda interested until I saw how much better Guild Wars 2 looks, and is free...

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Maajin

@The_Hiro_Abides said:

I was excited. Now I'm not.

Me too. When they talked about it being several sequels to KotOR I was hyped. Then I saw the game.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Wemibelle

Like every MMO I'm vaguely intrigued in, I will play it either in beta or for the first month and decide then.  Very picky about the feel of the combat.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By wefwefasdf

@Axxol said:

Yes, you're the only one. Someone give this man a gold star!

I feel like I've seen a very familiar response from you before. :P

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By niamahai

calling it now

When people actually get to play GW2, the amount of disappointment will be the same like BF3 beta.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By amomjc

@hxcaleb said:

Who went from being mildly interested in this game, to being extremely excited for it? I have never preordered an MMO, but I did for this one...given I did it with my refund check from my college, but still. I'm extremely excited for it. December 20th could not come quicker.

Nope, before I never looked at any of the footage, I had just fallen in love with Rift and had the "fuck the rest of the MMO's mentality." This is coming from a guy who adored SWG for being in the Star Wars Universe, but nothing about it caught my interest. Then, a user here on Giantbomb shared a couple of TotalBiscuit and "illegal" beta footage with me and now I cannot wait for it to release. If I had the money I would pre-order it in a heart-beat, but sadly that is not the case.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Am I the only one...

who hates thread titles like this?

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By coakroach

Its less excitement, more morbid curiosity for me.

I dont like what EA did to Mythic, what EA appears to be doing to Bioware and I think Guild Wars 2 has upstaged the game in many respects (art style, gameplay, community interaction).

The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By The_Joker

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Am I the only one...

who hates thread titles like this?

This. It compels me to click and I know not why.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By TheHT

@niamahai said:

calling it now When people actually get to play GW2, the amount of disappointment will be the same like BF3 beta.

well then, i'll just temper my expectations to that of expecting it to be just like guild wars 1, the likes of which never rubbed me the right way, consequently making it such that i won't be disappointed.

then what, hmm? HMMM?!?

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By amomjc

@niamahai said:

calling it now When people actually get to play GW2, the amount of disappointment will be the same like BF3 beta.

Calling it now

Tons of people will really enjoy the hell out of GW2 because they expected a polished MMO, then people like you will run rampant on the internet and pretend to be the majority bitching about the old ways that games use to be when content was hardcore and felt better!

/sarcasm

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By CL60

@TheHT said:

@niamahai said:

well then, i'll just temper my expectations to that of expecting it to be just like guild wars 1, the likes of which never rubbed me the right way, consequently making it such that i won't be disappointed.

then what, hmm? HMMM?!?

Well you're alone in that, because it's impossible to discuss this game on this website without everybody jumping in and telling you how this sucks and Guild Wars 2 is the greatest thing to ever be an MMO in the history of the world.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Subjugation

@CL60 said:

@TheHT said:

@niamahai said:

then what, hmm? HMMM?!?

Well you're alone in that, because it's impossible to discuss this game on this website without everybody jumping in and telling you how this sucks and Guild Wars 2 is the greatest thing to ever be an MMO in the history of the world.

This sucks and Guild Wars 2 is the greatest thing to ever be an MMO in the history of the world.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By grilledcheez

Yeah, you're the only one.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheHT

@CL60 said:

@TheHT said:

@niamahai said:

then what, hmm? HMMM?!?

i was talking about GW2, not ToR.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CL60

@TheHT said:

@CL60 said:

@TheHT said:

@niamahai said:

then what, hmm? HMMM?!?

i was talking about GW2, not ToR.

So was I?

nachokicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nachokicks

@hxcaleb: nope, your not...i didn't really give a shit about it till the release date was announced and I started reading more about SWTOR and started to realize that it can be played like a single player game. Dragon age in space.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SlasherMan

@nachokicks said:

@hxcaleb: nope, your not...i didn't really give a shit about it till the release date was announced and I started reading more about SWTOR and started to realize that it can be played like a single player game. Dragon age in space.

Except you'd be paying an initial price of $60 plus a monthly subscription of $15 for this game. Hard to swallow, especially if you're treating it as a single player game.

I really think it would have been a good idea for it to have an offline component for those that only want a KOTOR experience, or just don't care about the MMO side of it.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Afroman269

@Brendan said:

This thread title makes me want to hang myself, but luckily for me it makes me want to hang you more.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Meowshi

@SlasherMan said:

@nachokicks said:

Except you'd be paying an initial price of $60 plus a monthly subscription of $15 for this game. Hard to swallow, especially if you're treating it as a single player game.

I really think it would have been a good idea for it to have an offline component for those that only want a KOTOR experience, or just don't care about the MMO side of it.

Unless you beat it in a month: in which case you've played a massive RPG game for only 60 bucks, with content of about 5 or so regular KOTOR games.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SlasherMan

@Meowshi said:

@SlasherMan said:

@nachokicks said:

Unless you beat it in a month: in which case you've played a massive RPG game for only 60 bucks, with content of about 5 or so regular KOTOR games.

Touché. I know I can't manage that considering I don't have anywhere near the amount of free time required to actually do that, but I suppose if one is able then it is a valid option.

Strawb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Strawb

My excitement level swings back and forth, and right now it's firmly in the "DO WANT RIGHT NOW" side of things. And I preordered in this frame of mind so I will definitely be getting it on release day. After only playing Rift for 2 months, I hope TOR holds my attention for a little longer.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nick

I just got in the beta, if it seems cool I'll probably pre-order it!

Maurdakar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Maurdakar

Whenever people mention the beta and the reviews coming out of http://www.betacake.net/category/star-wars-the-old-republic/.

They only cite the extremely negative ones ignoring the more numerous (and equally poorly written) positive reviews. I cannot believe I almost fell for the common trolling that goes on in this Giantbomb forum. Haters gonna hate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.