Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Guy gets banned for ancient meme

• 126 results
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RsistncE

@AhmadMetallic said:

I would not, I repeat, would not touch a game created by a developer with such strict dick up the ass moderation and attitude.
    Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, here's another   

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Sooty

@sgjackson said:

@Sooty said:

@kagato said:

@sgjackson said:

I'm ok with banning someone for using a stupid meme.

This! There are enough trolls and people thinking they are smart for posting absolute crap on forums, if they have the right to act like a 12 year old they have earned the right to be treated like one which in this case means a ban.

How dare people find humour in something I personally do not. Burn them, send them to hell so they can enjoy the company of homosexuals. And the Jews.

I think if I were gay or Jewish I'd be insulted you just compared me to an Internet meme.

If you was gay or Jewish I would destroy your spine.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Cataphract1014

@AhmadMetallic said:

I would not, I repeat, would not touch a game created by a developer with such strict dick up the ass moderation and attitude.

It is fake. Made up. Not true. The same with 95% of the other "banned" stories out there for doing something in game.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By CL60

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

Oh, here's another

Another stupid video that got popular and has people saying it's great.

You realize that was FAKE, and is blatantly obvious that it's fake. Of course you don't. You would rather spout bullshit, then call anybody who calls you out on it a Biodrone.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By CL60

@Cataphract1014 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

It is fake. Made up. Not true. The same with 95% of the other "banned" stories out there for doing something in game.

Saying that those stories were fake makes you a "Biodrone", watch out.

Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:

Oh, here's another

You realize that was FAKE, and is blatantly obvious that it's fake. Of course you don't. You would rather spout bullshit, then call anybody who calls you out on it a Biodrone.

Sorry but I've been going to the SWTOR forums for a good laugh for a few weeks now. If these are 'fake' posters, they certainly are persistent. 
    Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Gargantuan

Can't we go back to hating on Activision instead? Or the Wii?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By Sooty

Biodrone general?

Wow some of those fuckers are so highly strung.

Real or not I can imagine a lot of people coming out with that stuff. Good laugh!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CL60

@CL60 said:

Oh, here's another

Sorry but I've been going to the SWTOR forums for a good laugh for a few weeks now. If these are 'fake' posters, they certainly are persistent.

I'm talking about the GM ticket in that video. It's fake. Yet still constantly used. I don't care what stupid people on forums say. They exist for every game. People still using crap that has been proven false time and time again as a way to bash the game is just sad.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By AlexanderSheen

To be fair, that's a pretty bad meme.

Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:

@CL60 said:

Oh, here's another

I'm talking about the GM ticket in that video. It's fake. Yet still constantly used.

Oh ok, now the video is slightly less hilarious, damn. 
    Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Nekroskop

Biodrone, you say?

No Caption Provided
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#64  Edited By Dagbiker

@familyphotoshoot said:

@CL60: You have to admit that the shit Bioware is pulling is getting harder and harder to defend, though. Removing the link to unsubscribe your account after you roll out a massive patch that beta-testers told you was full of problems and effectively fucks the game is pretty despicable.

that would be pretty despicable, to bad thats not actually what happened.

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By captain_max707

Awesome.

Avatar image for oppressivestink
    OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By OppressiveStink

@CL60:

You realize, EA and Bioware did it to themselves, right? They asked for the ire, it started with Dragon Age 2 when they were banning people for commenting on how much they disliked the game. They then went on to pad their own score in metacritic. Any time you stoop to a trolls level, you're the one who's going to suffer the most.

If they never did any of the stuff they did in the past, they wouldn't have let themselves open for this. Just desserts for not being professional, IMO.

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By dragonzord

'I don't give a fuck. But I'm gonna make a video about it and ask how I can prove it to you'

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Jesus Christ. With the news of constant bans for bullshit reasons, SW: TOR sounds like some horrible dystopia.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By CL60

@Marokai said:

Jesus Christ. With the news of constant bans for bullshit reasons, SW: TOR sounds like some horrible dystopia.

Jesus christ. Does nobody actually research? This is why I'm so mad. All of those bans you heard about have been proven false numerous times, and they were just people on /v/ twisting shit, or straight up lying because they hate the game and have actively been trying to make it fail since before beta, and everybody is just eating it up. Hell, one of the things that got people so mad was a picture that was photoshopped.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70  Edited By Evilsbane

Real or fake Lmfao

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ShadyPingu

Ha! Biodrone. That's pretty good, internet.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By august
    @blueduck said:

@Cataphract1014 said:

@blueduck said:

@familyphotoshoot said:

@CL60: You have to admit that the shit Bioware is pulling is getting harder and harder to defend, though. Removing the link to unsubscribe your account after you roll out a massive patch that beta-testers told you was full of problems and effectively fucks the game is pretty despicable.

He won't admit admit anything he's the resident biodrone of Giantbomb.

Because 95% of the shit people have posted they have been banned for is just straight up false. They are lying. They have something against EA and Bioware and they want everyone to know about it.

Who cares! EA is a huge corporation that will make money either way. The people who like the game will keep playing. I have no idea why people feel the need to defend EA from anyone...just play your game. The question I have is do Biodrones even like the game they feel compelled to defend? I mean they seem to spend most of their time posting about how great it is or defending it instead of actually playing.

Yeah, just because the whole premise of this Internet Outrage is probably totally fabricated bullshit doesn't mean you have to ruin everything by pointing it out! JERKS. GO PLAY YOUR VIDEOGAMES.
    blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By blueduck

@august said:

@blueduck said:

@Cataphract1014 said:

@blueduck said:

@familyphotoshoot said:

He won't admit admit anything he's the resident biodrone of Giantbomb.

Because 95% of the shit people have posted they have been banned for is just straight up false. They are lying. They have something against EA and Bioware and they want everyone to know about it.

Who cares! EA is a huge corporation that will make money either way. The people who like the game will keep playing. I have no idea why people feel the need to defend EA from anyone...just play your game. The question I have is do Biodrones even like the game they feel compelled to defend? I mean they seem to spend most of their time posting about how great it is or defending it instead of actually playing.

Yeah, just because the whole premise of this Internet Outrage is probably totally fabricated bullshit doesn't mean you have to ruin everything by pointing it out! JERKS. GO PLAY YOUR VIDEOGAMES.

Your post lost it's point the moment you realized you have to stick the word probably in there.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Three0neFive

@CL60 said:

because they hate the game and have actively been trying to make it fail since before beta

Holy fuck, my sides.

This is what these kinds of people actually believe, folks. They said it about everyone who hated Dragon Age 2, and they're saying it now. "4chan did it" is their go-to defense for literally everything.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Pinworm45

@Three0neFive said:

@CL60 said:

because they hate the game and have actively been trying to make it fail since before beta

Holy fuck, my sides.

This is what these kinds of people actually believe, folks. They said it about everyone who hated Dragon Age 2, and they're saying it now. "4chan did it" is their go-to defense for literally everything.

I'm on neither persons side, but /v/ has done shit that was probably wrong and twisted, and by reading posts there (I suggest you don't), they clearly do want the game to suffer and fail. It's not a conspiracy, but it's not made up either.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By CL60

@Three0neFive said:

@CL60 said:

Holy fuck, my sides.

Read what pinworm said. It's not some huge mystery that /v/ has been doing this.. >.> if you'd rather put your hands over your ears and pretend it's not happening, I don't give a shit. But it is.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#77  Edited By ajamafalous

lolbioware

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:

@Marokai said:

Jesus christ. Does nobody actually research? This is why I'm so mad. All of those bans you heard about have been proven false numerous times, and they were just people on /v/ twisting shit, or straight up lying because they hate the game and have actively been trying to make it fail since before beta, and everybody is just eating it up. Hell, one of the things that got people so mad was a picture that was photoshopped.

My question to you is: why do you care so much? Do you work for EA/BioWare or something?
    Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By rollingzeppelin

What I learned in this thread; SW:TOR's reputation amongst internet nerds is SERIOUS BUSINESS. Also the internet has come up with the dumbest word ever to describe someone: biodrone.

This thread has taken 5 mins of my life and I want it back, I'm holding all of you personally responsible!

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I took an arrow to the knee and what is this?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By CL60

@President_Barackbar said:

@CL60 said:

@Marokai said:

My question to you is: why do you care so much? Do you work for EA/BioWare or something?

Because it's annoying and dumb as fuck.

mdnthrvst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mdnthrvst

@CL60: You can't win. There is no sense or logic, I've visited /v/ every day for years, I'm in as deep as anyone, and you can't fight your way out of this.

Arguing against the hordes just makes you seem foolish. Even if you're right, you're still getting angry and frustrated, and, therefore, you become an object of ridicule. If Bioware wants to take their dirty cash from two horrible sequels and trample on the good name of KOTOR by pandering to a bunch of (by now well-established) morons, let them. We will harrass them at every juncture.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#83  Edited By Hizang

LEEEEEEROOOOY JENKINS!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#84  Edited By JasonR86

@mdnthrvst said:

@CL60: You can't win. There is no sense or logic, I've visited /v/ every day for years, I'm in as deep as anyone, and you can't fight your way out of this.

Arguing against the hordes just makes you seem foolish. Even if you're right, you're still getting angry and frustrated, and, therefore, you become an object of ridicule. If Bioware wants to take their dirty cash from two horrible sequels and trample on the good name of KOTOR by pandering to a bunch of (by now well-established) morons, let them. We will harrass them at every juncture.

That is some small, childish shit right there. People who will "harass (Bioware) at every juncture" need something else in their lives. A date, sex, money, a career. Fuck, I don't know. Anything else that is more important then harassing a developer who is just trying to make games.

@CL60 said:

@Marokai said:

That is the dumbest reply I've ever read.

...carry on.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By DukesT3

BANNED FUCKER!

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#86  Edited By swoxx

@Cataphract1014 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Not only that, I'm pretty sure this is EA's influence, their forum policies and TOS has always been horribly strict and downright intrusive. Even if this wasn't fake, I doubt you'd be able to pin it on bioware.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Three0neFive

@CL60 said:

@Three0neFive said:

@CL60 said:

Holy fuck, my sides.

Read what pinworm said. It's not some huge mystery that /v/ has been doing this.. >.> if you'd rather put your hands over your ears and pretend it's not happening, I don't give a shit. But it is.

As someone who frequents /v/ nearly daily, what you're suggesting is utterly ridiculous. /v/ is not Anonymous. They aren't on some internet crusade to tarnish Bioware's reputation, as you - and many other Bioware fans - seem to think. For fuck's sake, they barely have the capacity to discuss videogames without devolving into a shitslough of completely irrelevant stories and arguments, let alone do something like this.

Bioware fans are the goddamned textbook example of self-centered, delusional morons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I was banned from Gamespot for the same reason.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#90  Edited By TobbRobb

This thread really is turning into a textbook example of checking sources, and choosing what is most trrustworthy. I don't presonally care about either side of this discussion and won't pick a side, but I gotta say, reading all of these post, I still don't know who to believe.

fieldafar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By fieldafar

@TobbRobb said:

I still don't know who to believe.

Believe in yourself, man.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Vexxan

EA banning people for dumb reasons is soon a meme.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@CL60 said:

@CL60 said:

@Marokai said:

Because it's annoying and dumb as fuck.

I smell a Biodrone!

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By amir90
    @AhmadMetallic
    http://bf3blog.com/2011/11/battlefield-3-player-banned-for-72-hours-for-saying-badass-on-forums/
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By valrog

*Sigh* BioWare fanboys. The part where they blame /v/ for being behind it is my favourite.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#96  Edited By I_smell

If I had a forum, the first rule would be "Get outta here with your stupid fuckin memes, they aren't funny". So good, I am in support of this.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By kindgineer

@CL60 said:

@familyphotoshoot said:

That whole removing the unsubscribe button was another one of those bullshit things that never happened and was twisted out of proportion by trolls and /v/ that I was talking about. 90% of people still had the link, and it was a problem with like 1 browser. That got fixed very quickly. Plus Bioware was giving everybody having problems the link to unsubscribe.

Exactly this. I rushed to unsubscribe because I read that somewhere here on the forums and found it was bullshit. Sitting right on my page was the unsub button and when I googled it, all I saw was a couple of threads started and others blindly supporting it or talking it down for being fake.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Gruff182

Banning people who constantly use memes, should be a rule anyway.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#99  Edited By Hector

That's actually funny.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#100  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @amir90 said:
    @AhmadMetallic
    http://bf3blog.com/2011/11/battlefield-3-player-banned-for-72-hours-for-saying-badass-on-forums/
    Shit...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.